Any PGY-2 positions available??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkwhopper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am a UCSF medical student and was wondering if anyone could provide me with a link to open PGY-2 positions in anesthesiology for 2005. I ended up doing my anesthesia 2-week required rotation after my early match and loved it! Now, I'm not sure what to do as I'm trying to switch into it. I would rather not have to take a year off but I'm also not willing to go abroad/boonie land. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

There should be enough options available 2005 especially if you are starting in May, 2005.

I recommend that you e-mail or call the programs you might be interested in transferring into. They may be able to accomodate you as an off cycle resident or at the very least get you started on the application process for May, 2005.

I'm assuming you are a 4th year medical student and that you will be doing a PGY-1 year in the upcoming year. If that is the case, you contact the programs you are interested in and apply outside the match.

I encourage you to apply to my program if you are interested in us.

Definitely call programs and ask. You'd be suprise with how slots are available. There are several programs out there who intentional leave slots open knowing that other people will transfer because of various reasons (i.e. hating surgery residency and wanting to switch). I know of UTSW, UWash, and UAB. There are probably more but I would get on the phone and call around.