Any pharmacists here drive nice cars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would have loved that when I was 13 :smuggrin:

The crazy thing is I have seen this car in person, or at least one exactly likely. I live in Sebring, FL it makes sense.

Members don't see this ad.

Did not detect sarcasm.

2001_Volkswagen_Gti-1.jpg

What? I mean, it's a hatchback. Hatches = practical, responsible, &c.

The crazy thing is I have seen this car in person, or at least one exactly likely. I live in Sebring, FL it makes sense.

I live on a cul-de-sac. My next door neighbor has a Maserati GranTurismo, the house next to them have a Shelby Cobra, and the house next to them have a Ferrari 360 Modena. BMW's, Porsches, Audi's, and Mercs are more common than Corolla's and Civics here.

It runs in the neighborhood.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live on a cul-de-sac. My next door neighbor has a Maserati GranTurismo, the house next to them have a Shelby Cobra, and the house next to them have a Ferrari 360 Modena. BMW's, Porsches, Audi's, and Mercs are more common than Corolla's and Civics here.

We need pics of these cars!

On another note, I just got a new car, but I'm really interested in test driving the new Mercedes C-Class for the hell of it. It looks like they really put a lot of work on the interior and the exterior looks slick.

On another note, I just got a new car, but I'm really interested in test driving the new Mercedes C-Class for the hell of it. It looks like they really put a lot of work on the interior and the exterior looks slick.

I can get pictures of the Maserati since that's the guys daily driver, but getting the Shelby and Ferrari will be a little difficult since they don't drive them too much. But once you see their houses, you wouldn't be surprised that they have these cars. It's all in the appearance.

They are pretty nice, aren't they? Even the C300 looks pretty boss. The only thing that would make me lean more towards a 335i vs. a C350 would be modability further on down the road.

Also,

I just got a new car

Pitchers, etc.

My wife and I just ordered an Audi Q5 3.2 for European delivery in Feb. Its the same color as THIS, but without the black-out accents (we got chrome) and titanium wheels (we got the regular finish).

No other SUV drives like it.

I drive a 2001 Saturn w/ 180,000 miles that I paid $1000 for about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I intend to drive it until it dies. Although I am a few months from graduation, when I do need a new car, I will pay cash. No more loans for me! EVER!!!!!!!!

My wife and I just ordered an Audi Q5 3.2 for European delivery in Feb. Its the same color as THIS, but without the black-out accents (we got chrome) and titanium wheels (we got the regular finish).

If you would have been an anti-American traitor by using Volvo instead of Audi...they let you go to Sveeeden and pick it up yourself...drive it home via luxury boat...

Wow, a neighborhood of insecure little children. Amazing.

If you would have been an anti-American traitor by using Volvo instead of Audi...they let you go to Sveeeden and pick it up yourself...drive it home via luxury boat...

A manager at my old employer did this. Her and her husband picked their C70 up at the factory and drove it all over for a couple weeks.

This was before Lolvo was bought by the Chinese btw.

They are pretty nice, aren't they? Even the C300 looks pretty boss. The only thing that would make me lean more towards a 335i vs. a C350 would be modability further on down the road.

Also,

Pitchers, etc.

Wow. Finally someone understands the aftermarket potential in BMW's. The 335i is the best price wise as well as performance wise. A C350 can't rival a 335i power wise, nor can the A5 or IS350. Yet, the prices are all around the same or more than the 335i so it makes no sense. Why people don't want to get the most out of a car they're paying for is beyond me.

The only car I would remotely consider other than an 335i would be an S4, but even then, I hate how Audi's drive and there is no aftermarket potential on them. 3 years to the next M3. That's what I'm waiting for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jEokuh46ks&feature=player_embedded

Members don't see this ad :)

porsche cayenne says hi :thumbup:

joking, congrats, audi is my favorite brand....i used to have a old audi in school....the quattro in snow and rain = WIN

I haven't read farther into this thread yet, but if someone else hasn't answered you yet, most of the individuals driving nicer cars are leasing them or they were gifted to them by their fairly well-to-do parents. (not a knock at anyone, its ok by me if you fall into this category). My lease payment on my car is less than the payment of someone I know who is financing a Honda and my car cost 15K more.

you can fit a large car payment into a rph salary

i know rph making regular salary who have 300k house, 50k cars, etc....you just dont have much money left over after your 2 paychecks in the month

Wow. Finally someone understands the aftermarket potential in BMW's. The 335i is the best price wise as well as performance wise. A C350 can't rival a 335i power wise, nor can the A5 or IS350. Yet, the prices are all around the same or more than the 335i so it makes no sense. Why people don't want to get the most out of a car they're paying for is beyond me.

The only car I would remotely consider other than an 335i would be an S4, but even then, I hate how Audi's drive and there is no aftermarket potential on them. 3 years to the next M3. That's what I'm waiting for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jEokuh46ks&feature=player_embedded

i agree, im not a bmw fan in genera, but the 335 = champion

Keep hating. It makes my day.

A dude on the internet telling you that your neighbors are insecure makes your day? It doesn't make you chuckle...make you think...make you not just anything...but actually makes your day. Up to this point, your day was "eh"...and now...your day is made.

I learn of having new, mystical powers every day. I think I'll become a cult leader.

Last edited:
A dude on the internet telling you that your neighbors are insecure makes your day? It doesn't make you chuckle...make you think...make you not just anything...but actually makes your day. Up to this point, your day was "eh"...and now...your day is made.

I learn of having new, mystical powers every day. I think I'll become a cult leader.

You must be illiterate or something. Never once did I say the people who own those cars are kids. My next door neighbor is in the contracting business, the owner of the house next to them is in the electric business, and the owner of the house next to them is a doctor. You fail. They're all above the age of 50.

Wow, a neighborhood of insecure little children. Amazing.

You being illiterate is what makes my day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassau_County,_New_York

I'm sorry you don't live in a more "insecure" demographic than mine cause being insecure is awesome!

Last edited:
You must be illiterate or something. Never once did I say the people who own those cars are kids. My next door neighbor is in the contracting business, the owner of the house next to them is in the electric business, and the owner of the house next to them is a doctor. You fail. They're all above the age of 50.

You being illiterate is what makes my day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassau_County,_New_York

I'm sorry you don't live in a more "insecure" demographic than mine cause being insecure is awesome!

You probably live on the North Shore.

As Billy Joel said, "you either date a rich girl from the North Shore or a cool girl from the South Shore".

!

Do you live at home with your parents? I don't think he is illiterate...most pharmacy students are in their early 20s and can't afford to live beside millionaires driving ferrai and other 200K cars! lol....So you must be an exception? Or you live with your parents and are talking about neighors in your parent's neighborhood? Or you are a young milliionaire in pharmacy school? I guess all that could be possibilities. LOL...

Most pharmacy students live in apartments with people driving regular cars and living off whatever money their parents can afford to give them. He assume your neighbors are kids b/c most pharmacy students live near young people like themselves!!! Come on now...get the picture!

I didn't go with BMW because I heard about needing to repair it a lot and the high cost of parts. Is this true?

This is my car. Not a fan of BMW but love all other European made cars! :cool:

S40-red-600.jpg

Most pharmacy students live in apartments with people driving regular cars and living off whatever money their parents can afford to give them. He assume your neighbors are kids b/c most pharmacy students live near young people like themselves!!! Come on now...get the picture!

Oh SHC I wish I lived in your world.

Oh SHC I wish I lived in your world.

Why my world? My world is boring compare to this kid that lives beside millionaires driving 200K to 300K cars. I wish I live in that world! :) I thought only the Olsen twins could afford that! lol....

Why my world? My world is boring compare to this kid that lives beside millionaires driving 200K to 300K cars. I wish I live in that world! :) I thought only the Olsen twins could afford that! lol....

Oh sure, if I could live in that world, all the better!

but why would you keep a beautiful car like that cooped up inside...

Do you live at home with your parents? I don't think he is illiterate...most pharmacy students are in their early 20s and can't afford to live beside millionaires driving ferrai and other 200K cars! lol....So you must be an exception? Or you live with your parents and are talking about neighors in your parent's neighborhood? Or you are a young milliionaire in pharmacy school? I guess all that could be possibilities. LOL...

I couldn't justify having my parents pay for a dorm for $7K when my school is 25 minutes away. Plus I love driving my car. My tuition thus, is the same amount a state school would cost in NY. $15K a year. Not bad.

I couldn't justify having my parents pay for a dorm for $7K when my school is 25 minutes away. Plus I love driving my car. My tuition thus, is the same amount a state school would cost in NY. $15K a year. Not bad.

I agree. I recommend living at home for FREE versus paying rent! haha...

WVU2007 is an older poster on here and we had discussions before about people spending too much money on cars. His theory is that people who spend an insane amount of money on cars are insecure b/c if they were secure they would not need to show off (with an expensive car). I guess I can see his point.

However, I agree with you that European cars are nice. I don't really like sports cars but I love European sedans like Benz or Audii. I can see spending 80K to 100K on a car but anything over 100K is too crazy IMO.

Eh, if it's what you like I don't think it's frontin'. I live (and will probably continue to live) in a modest 1000 ft^2 condo, I don't wear designer clothing, I don't even have a flat screen TV... but I'd gladly spend $60-70k on a car, if my finances wouldn't be completely jacked by doing so. I don't even really care if the brand is 'prestigious' or not.

It just has to be powerful.

spoilers: that would absodamlutely jack my finances. ( '___') So much for that C63...

I hate how Audi's drive and there is no aftermarket potential on them.

Not really true. There is alot of aftermarket potential for them. Check out APR, GIAC, and Stasis just to name a few.

Alot of people are passing judgment here. We don't even know each other outside of "cyber world." None of us knows each other's finances, so how can anyone presume anything. Honestly as the saying goes...."to each his own"

As long as someone driving a nice car doesn't affect you personally, take your opinions and keep it to your self. And if it does affect you personally...you have emotional issues.

Alot of us are car fans here, so we choose to own nice cars. I could go on and criticize the fact that people pay 100 of thousands of $$$ on weddings, but why...as long as it doesn't affect me....who cares? Just the fact that we're individuals, what 1 person might think is wasteful another person might think is a necessity.

This thread is about pharmacists that like/enjoy nice cars....let's keep this thread relevant to the topic at hand

As long as someone driving a nice car doesn't affect you personally, take your opinions and keep it to your self. And if it does affect you personally...you have emotional issues.

Well said.

Was a nice morning and I managed to get pics of the cars. Unfortunately, the second picture of the Shelby cobra is a little difficult to see. The iPhone doesn't have the greatest camera ever.

6204841429_a9db5ffa2e_z.jpg

6204840739_3b3c1b8436_z.jpg

6205355848_083fe30436_z.jpg

Alot of people are passing judgment here. We don't even know each other outside of "cyber world." None of us knows each other's finances, so how can anyone presume anything. Honestly as the saying goes...."to each his own"

Alot of us are car fans here, so we choose to own nice cars. I could go on and criticize the fact that people pay 100 of thousands of $$$ on weddings, but why...as long as it doesn't affect me....who cares? Just the fact that we're individuals, what 1 person might think is wasteful another person might think is a necessity.

This thread is about pharmacists that like/enjoy nice cars....let's keep this thread relevant to the topic at hand

Some people on here will find ways in which me owning a BMW affects them somehow. They do have emotional issues, but i do not think they realize they do. Their Narcissistic views try to make us believe that we are in the wrong for owning nice cars or we are somehow insecure about ourselves. But to each their own... I say if you can afford a nice car, whether American Built or not, go ahead and enjoy.

Last edited:
Some people on here will find ways in which me owning a BMW affects them somehow. They do have emotional issues, but i do not think they realize they do. Their Narcissistic views try to make us believe that we are in the wrong for owing nice cars or we are somehow insecure about ourselves. But to each their own... I say if you can afford a nice car, whether American Built or not, go ahead and enjoy.

+1

Do whatever makes you happy and sleep at night.

Some people on here will find ways in which me owning a BMW affects them somehow. They do have emotional issues, but i do not think they realize they do. Their Narcissistic views try to make us believe that we are in the wrong for owning nice cars or we are somehow insecure about ourselves. But to each their own... I say if you can afford a nice car, whether American Built or not, go ahead and enjoy.

What year/make of M car do you own? Just curious.

I have nothing against nice cars. In fact I PREFER nice cars! :laugh: I was just clarifing what WVU2007 was trying to say.

I have nothing against nice cars. In fact I PREFER nice cars! :laugh:

Like that was ever in doubt? :rolleyes::smuggrin:

The only reason I've never considered owning a BMW or similar is the maintenance costs. My mom drove a jag until the fuel pump went out and the dealership wanted something like $1200 for the repair. She switched to an American car that day.

I picture owning a BMW as being pretty sweet... until the warranty runs out. Of course, maybe I'm crazy for thinking you're supposed to own a car that long. :laugh:

The only reason I've never considered owning a BMW or similar is the maintenance costs. My mom drove a jag until the fuel pump went out and the dealership wanted something like $1200 for the repair. She switched to an American car that day.

This, yeah. Maintenance costs can eat you alive if you aren't careful. A friend who just graduated bought a 'used' (had I think 10k miles on it?) 2011 328i and had to replace one of the tires shortly afterwards. His face when he realized how much run-flats cost was priceless.

VERY NICE!

Looks great in black.

Thanks,

Red interior, Corsa exhaust and 19" Breyton Wheels. I splurged a little. No more new cars for me, except of course when the new M comes out :)

Not sure what people expect to do with money... You can't bring it with you wherever you're going. My wife and I are squaring away our expenses at such a great rate, that I felt completely comfortable adding this liability.

The audi has such a nice ride though, compared to my 350z.