Any recent interview invite from Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nervouspremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering how far out are they interviewing in Maryland? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting to hear from Maryland, too. I think they interview until March and they don't interview only for the waitlists!

One of my roommates applied last year (August MCAT, late in the process), she interviewed in February and got accepted in March. So, there is still hope!

Also, are you a graduate or a current student of Maryland? Because i think (not sure) that they do give preference to their own students...

PM me if you wanna talk about Maryland.

:luck:

i got an interview yesterday for mid-january
they plan out your date for you.

g'luck all

-a

Members don't see this ad :)
shawty ya'head said:
i got an interview yesterday for mid-january
they plan out your date for you.

g'luck all

-a

Woa... That's awesome! I'm so jaleaous :p Good luck! :luck: :luck:

I got an interview for UMD on Dec. 6 for mid-Jan too. I hope it won't be for a waitlist spot! :)

for those of you receiving interview invites were you aug mcater's? were you in state? and if anyone doesn't mind what were your stats?????

wait which school in maryland is this thread about???

DieselPetrolGrl said:
wait which school in maryland is this thread about???

the University of Maryland (in Baltimore)

i'm not a maryland resident.
i'm from paaaaaayyyyyyyynsyyyyyylvania!!!

stizats: 3.6/34

reason i want to go to maryland: 60% women, 40% men. I study women better, I mean, better with women. I mean, I like the school.

love
-a

I was an Aug MCAter!

shawty ya'head said:
i'm not a maryland resident.
i'm from paaaaaayyyyyyyynsyyyyyylvania!!!

stizats: 3.6/34

reason i want to go to maryland: 60% women, 40% men. I study women better, I mean, better with women. I mean, I like the school.

love
-a

haha, funny, that's exactly my reason too. Anyway, thx for all the help ppl. I am still waiting since Aug, it doesn't look good. Bahhhhhhh
Kikat: Not a student of Maryland, should have gone there tho, oh well.

:eek: I just my Maryland invite today!!!!!! August MCATers keep hope alive!!!! KiKat sorry about the mix up in the PM . Good luck to you too.

CopperButterfly said:
:eek: I just my Maryland invite today!!!!!! August MCATers keep hope alive!!!! KiKat sorry about the mix up in the PM . Good luck to you too.

CONGRATS!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :clap:

may I ask when you were complete there? thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been complete for about five weeks

kitkat...

don't sweat it, yours will come...this ish is so so random....

Anyone that is not an Aug-Mcater received an invite recently? Just wondering maybe that they will go back and review all the files again after they went thro the aug-mcater application.

shawty ya'head said:
kitkat...

don't sweat it, yours will come...this ish is so so random....

Sorry... :p I don't wanna piss everyone off with my anxiety... I promise I'll stop b1tching about UMD. But, you know how it is with your first choice! :)

Thanks for the info, CopperButterfly!

nervouspremed said:
Anyone that is not an Aug-Mcater received an invite recently? Just wondering maybe that they will go back and review all the files again after they went thro the aug-mcater application.

yeah, i think that's how it usually works

KiKat37 - COngrats on your Dartmouth interview, in any case. That should give you something to keep your mind off UMD, right?!

starfruit said:
KiKat37 - COngrats on your Dartmouth interview, in any case. That should give you something to keep your mind off UMD, right?!

lol :D Thanks! Yes, that's true. I'm still living on cloud nine... Albany decided to put me on pre-interview hold today (read: rejected) and it didn't even hurt! :)

Good luck everyone! :luck:

KiKat37 said:
lol :D Thanks! Yes, that's true. I'm still living on cloud nine... Albany decided to put me on pre-interview hold today (read: rejected) and it didn't even hurt! :)

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Hey KitKat, sorry about the albany.

Just wondering, how did they notify you? or Did you call them?(I have been waiting to hear from them since august :oops: )

premedgeek said:

Just wondering, how did they notify you? or Did you call them?(I have been waiting to hear from them since august :oops: )

Premedgeek:I will trade my Albany interview for your UMD interview :D . I know I am probably getting the better end of the deal, haha. Good luck tho

nervouspremed said:
Premedgeek:I will trade my Albany interview for your UMD interview :D . I know I am probably getting the better end of the deal, haha. Good luck tho

I wish I had UMD interview :D

Just called UMD today, guy on the phone was unwilling to check the status of my application (said, "look at the online one, and we will let you know whenever committee gets around to it")

premedgeek said:
I wish I had UMD interview :D

Just called UMD today, guy on the phone was unwilling to check the status of my application (said, "look at the online one, and we will let you know whenever committee gets around to it")

I've got a UMD interview that I am willing to trade. It's on the 13th of December, (4days), any takers?

(Imagine if this were possible? I would show up to your interview, and you would show up at mine. We would then present our "interview cards" and things would be all good)

JDAD said:
I've got a UMD interview that I am willing to trade. It's on the 13th of December, (4days), any takers?

(Imagine if this were possible? I would show up to your interview, and you would show up at mine. We would then present our "interview cards" and things would be all good)
Ooo ooo, me, i will trade, but the only interview that I have left is Albany, you probably dont' want to go to Albany tho. I will give you my acceptance if i get in somewhere. :D

Premedgeek: those ppl answers the phone for UMD are the most unhelpful adcom ppl ever out of my 25 schools, hope they dont' know who I am. But I heard Dr Foxwell is very nice.

premedgeek said:

Hi Premedgeek,

They sent me an email this morning. Other people apparently got a "manila envelope." There is a thread on that topic... People were really pissed off because they saw the nice envelope and thought that it was an interview invite... <sigh>

If you have been complete since August, you should def. call them and find out what's going on with your file. Admissions office are messy... they could have misplaced your file... or maybe something is missing and they didn't bother telling you (happened to me at another school)... or maybe they sent you an invite and it got lost (happened to a friend of mine!)... So, call them. :)

It looks like a good sign to me though... cuz if they wanted to reject you or put you on hold, they would have done it by now. Good luck! :luck:

Hi,

I've read on SDN that December 13 was the last committee meeting before the holidays. For people who recently received interview invites, are they in late January/early February? Does the later date mean that it could be potentially for waitlist? In other words, does U of MD fill its class really early? I'm just wondering because in other threads, some SDNers were saying that early January interviews (at all schools in general) for next year would be better than in February and later.

Hopefully the "experts" (tinkerbelle, cytoskelement, starfruit, kikat, etc...) can contribute to any insights on any pertinent info about U of MD interview process and admissions. Somehow, personal accounts seem more helpful than re-reading MSAR and US News for the n-th time.

Thanks & g'luck! :luck:

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing. Does Maryland interview for its waitlist?

Not for me... :(

Is it true that Maryland is interviewing 200 more people than they did last year ( read about it in the Medical interview feedback thingee 12/15) ? Or is just another rumor to make people spaz out ?

CopperButterfly said:
Is it true that Maryland is interviewing 200 more people than they did last year ( read about it in the Medical interview feedback thingee 12/15) ? Or is just another rumor to make people spaz out ?

I bet it's true. It seems like all the med schools are interviewing more people than last year.

wow, where's my interview then? Not looking good, any suggestion on what to do at this point to make UMD like you? I sent Letter of Interest, anything else I should do?

calvin&hobbes said:
Hopefully the "experts" (tinkerbelle, cytoskelement, starfruit, kikat, etc...) can contribute to any insights on any pertinent info about U of MD interview process and admissions. Somehow, personal accounts seem more helpful than re-reading MSAR and US News for the n-th time.

Sweet! I'm an "expert" :D What kind of info/personal account were you looking for calvin&hobbes? I have no idea how filled up the class is already. But I had friends who didn't interview until like February or March and still got in (in previous years). Cytoskelement usually has pretty good info though... you might want to PM him.

nervouspremed said:
wow, where's my interview then? Not looking good, any suggestion on what to do at this point to make UMD like you? I sent Letter of Interest, anything else I should do?

what about calling Dr. Foxwell and asking him if there is anything you can do to improve your application?

tinkerbelle said:
what about calling Dr. Foxwell and asking him if there is anything you can do to improve your application?

Do those ppl that answer the phone even put you thro? I guess I will give that a try

If you can't get through to him by phone you can always email him. I think his email address is on the website. :luck:

The email address on the website is just a generic admissions@... address. You think that will actually make it to Dr. Foxwell if we send an email there?

Thanks!
Emily

Just as expected, he can't talk to active applicants. Oh well, this process is getting ridiculous. :sleep:

nervouspremed said:
Just as expected, he can't talk to active applicants. Oh well, this process is getting ridiculous. :sleep:

Awww. Well, at least you tried. I can't really think of anything else you can do besides try to improve your application with extra volunteer activites or research or something.

Any recent UMD interview invitations?? How are they sent, snail mail or email?? I'm waiting and hoping still.

Emily

Ylime said:
Any recent UMD interview invitations?? How are they sent, snail mail or email?? I'm waiting and hoping still.

Emily

Mine was via e-mail (this was in October, though). It's kinda weird because they just randomly choose a day for you and expect you to show up.

Best of luck, Emily! :)

The applicant pool is so high this year that they can do that. Plenty O' Fish in the sea, as they say. But, they are pretty good about working with you on a date! Also, the opposite is true... if they have a late cancellation, they will call people up and schedule a sooner interview.