Any recommendations for good study habits? Pre-med syndrome.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emperor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good study habits for the pre-med student? what can I do to get through the curriculum while making excellent grades? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take too many units, don't do too many extracurriculars. Balance is key.

Emperor said:
Can anyone recommend some good study habits for the pre-med student? what can I do to get through the curriculum while making excellent grades? :cool:

study efficienct if def the key. put in the hours, and be serious about it. get to know your teachers. also, if you are prone to procrastination, study with groups of people that will keep you from putting off your studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take classes you like. Study a lot. Work hard. Then work harder.

Try to relax too. Do things you enjoy. Then work more.

Dont give up too much sleep. You wont think as well. but sometimes you have to for work.

Eat healthily, excercise when you can. Books fit on top of treadmills too.

Try not to overload but keep a high carrying capacity. work can be fun too.

and just when you feel like you MUST work or you WILL fail in EVERYTHING.

stop.

breathe.

and remember why you started this in the first place.

ellia08 said:
Take classes you like. Study a lot. Work hard. Then work harder.

Try to relax too. Do things you enjoy. Then work more.

Dont give up too much sleep. You wont think as well. but sometimes you have to for work.

Eat healthily, excercise when you can. Books fit on top of treadmills too.

Try not to overload but keep a high carrying capacity. work can be fun too.

and just when you feel like you MUST work or you WILL fail in EVERYTHING.

stop.

breathe. and remember why you started this in the first place.

Good advice. Do not take on too much at once, take your time and enjoy the college experience, even take an extra semester to graduate if you want. there is A LOT more to be learned and experienced college than going to class and studying. Take EVERYTHING in moderation, this includes studying, alcohol, sex, work.......You will be have more dedicated than most of your classmates in order to make the grades for med school, but you don't have to sacrifice your other exeriences if you just study smart.

Pinkertinkle said:
Don't take too many units, don't do too many extracurriculars. Balance is key.
Weak. Take a lot of classes and do a lot of extracurriculars and work at the same time. :thumbup:

Key to good studying is to distance yourself physically and mentally from distractions. If I have a lot of studying to do, it needs to be alone, away from attractive study partners, and far, far from the Internet.

Emperor said:

don't buy any textbooks

save that money for beer

TheProwler said:
Weak. Take a lot of classes and do a lot of extracurriculars and work at the same time. :thumbup:

Key to good studying is to distance yourself physically and mentally from distractions. If I have a lot of studying to do, it needs to be alone, away from attractive study partners, and far, far from the Internet.

I have to somewhat agree here. i don't think prowler means to "work, work, and work some more", but to keep yourself busy and productive. I know if I have nothing to do, i veg on the couch and start to procrastinate, so Prowler is right to keep busy, but do it with activities you enjoy plugged in between the studies, work, and pre-med "have-to-do's"