Any reviews/advice on the IPPCR (Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research) course offered by the NIH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vac4716

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school had a link for the IPPCR course and I am currently on an at-home rotation due to COVID. I was wondering if anyone has done this course or heard anything about it. I was thinking it would be helpful to boost my residency application, but I was not sure if it is really worth it. Its about a 50 hour long course so I don't want to just just jump into it if it really won't boost my application.

I know people say "anything helps" for a residency application, but I have not been able to find anything about the IPPCR course and residency applications.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't imagine it is that helpful. Many programs have their own stuff so it is like getting your CITI training done early. It doesn't really set you apart in any way, just makes it so you don't have to do something fairly minor later on. but most of those types of trainings aren't helpful in actual research but required from an IRB perspective so they can say you were properly informed.

Reactions: 1 user