Any school that'd accept my DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lgk5x4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I wanted to know if there is any school that would accept my dat scores, I tried to lookup them up, however, dental schools usually post their avg. dat score. any help would be appreciated!
QR 15
RC 15
OC 18
Bio 19
GC 19
PAT 20
AA 17
GPA 3.79

Members don't see this ad.

with a higher GPA like yours schools are going to expect higher DAT scores, it might tell the schools that the school you attended gives out a lot of easy A's. Usually its very difficult to get an interview if any of your scores are below 17. I would definitely consider retaking the DAT to get a higher math and reading score. the rest of the sections are average. best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
The two 15s and 17 AA will hurt you. Plus, with your GPA, they might infer some sort of grade inflation at your school. I'd retake to give yourself the chance you deserve.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally had RC15 and was told that it was the reason for me to be denied. Applied to 9 schools with zero interviews and this cycle I applied with RC19. Also, I think by applying last cycle I learned a great deal of lessons that improved my application this time. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Schools will likely not accept it due to your high GPA- this is a case of grade inflation. You can try to apply with these scores, but to give yourself the best possible shot of getting in without having to reapply, you should retake. Be sure to look in the DAT disc forum for breakdowns on how others studied so you could implement their tips and tricks. Good luck!

I visited University of Michigan and one of the seniors at the time told me he got int with a 17AA. It’s possible, but not highly probable to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.