Any schools offer Scholarships based on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biz_doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I took the MCAT in August and got a 521 (99%). I am a canadian and US citizen. I am in the demographic where myself/my family make enough to not qualify me for bursaries but not really enough to pay for school...

Are there any medical schools in Canada and US that give scholarships based primarily on MCAT performance (or even MCAT + GPA). My GPA is pretty good too. I am not trying to gloat or anything like that... I am in genuine need of assistance. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any medical schools in Canada and US that give scholarships based primarily on MCAT performance (or even MCAT + GPA). My GPA is pretty good too. I am not trying to gloat or anything like that... I am in genuine need of assistance. Thank you.
I know of no schools in the US that do this.

Your MCAT is realistically not that unusual for Canadians schools.....and so no, there aren't scholarships for it. Focus on getting in first, if you're looking at Canada..

Members don't see this ad :)
Being both Canadian and American citizen, you will be eligible for federal loan from both countries. You will be able to cover the cost of attendance by living frugally for 4 years with these loans.