Any schools offer Scholarships based on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

biz_doc

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,


I took the MCAT in August and got a 521 (99%). I am a canadian and US citizen. I am in the demographic where myself/my family make enough to not qualify me for bursaries but not really enough to pay for school...

Are there any medical schools in Canada and US that give scholarships based primarily on MCAT performance (or even MCAT + GPA). My GPA is pretty good too. I am not trying to gloat or anything like that... I am in genuine need of assistance. Thank you.
 
Your MCAT is realistically not that unusual for Canadians schools.....and so no, there aren't scholarships for it. Focus on getting in first, if you're looking at Canada..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being both Canadian and American citizen, you will be eligible for federal loan from both countries. You will be able to cover the cost of attendance by living frugally for 4 years with these loans.