Any students from Einstein?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Kermit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

I was hoping that (a) current student(s) could help me decide where to go to med school next year. I was recently accepted to to Einstein and I was hoping to have a few questions answered.

1. Are your classrooms, library, and study rooms internet accessible (i.e. are you able to hook up your laptop)?
2. How do you feel about the P/F system and does it hurt you in applying for residencies? I noticed on USNews that Einstein had a pretty low residency director reputation and I don't know enough about the Match to conclude from the low rating. I also don't know how reputable USNews is!
3. What is your anatomy laboratory like? I know this a random question and it really isn't pertinent to my decision. I was just really curious since I was there twice, but was never shown the lab. The first time, the tour guide said that the first years hadn't started Gross yet and the second time they had already finished the course!
4. Do you guys have a bookstore. I only ask out of curiosity because a lot of people on the Pre-Allopathic site are bashing Einstein right now following their rejections...

Thanks and any additional insight you could give me on your school would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from Einstein on this board?

i dont know ill ask my next door neighbor hes a anatomy professor at einstein, i hope to go there in 2004 . im taking my mcats in april. when i find out ill post

Members don't see this ad :)
This guy used to have a Einstein class page up, but it looks like he may have taken it down:

<a href="http://www.docz.com" target="_blank">http://www.docz.com</a>

Nevertheless, you can find his email on the page.

I am not an Einstein student,but I can tell you ater looking at their match list that it is excellent with many graduates entering very competitive programs.I dont know what the residency directors rating means(in US news) or how its calculated but the ultimate rating of a school by residency directors can best be judged by who they choose to take into their programs.

Hi,

I am a second year at AE.

1. Are your classrooms, library, and study rooms internet accessible (i.e. are you able to hook up your laptop)?

YES! YES! YES!
2. How do you feel about the P/F system and does it hurt you in applying for residencies? I noticed on USNews that Einstein had a pretty low residency director reputation and I don't know enough about the Match to conclude from the low rating. I also don't know how reputable USNews is!

P/F is only in the first year! I don't have answers for other questions since I am 2nd year.
3. What is your anatomy laboratory like? I know this a random question and it really isn't pertinent to my decision. I was just really curious since I was there twice, but was never shown the lab. The first time, the tour guide said that the first years hadn't started Gross yet and the second time they had already finished the course!

Great! Our Anatomy starts somethime in November and end in March. I had a great experience there! Very nicely organized!!!
4. Do you guys have a bookstore. I only ask out of curiosity because a lot of people on the Pre-Allopathic site are bashing Einstein right now following their rejections...

Of course we have a bookstore. Actually, they are selling us books without any profit. (cheaper than anybody else)

sorry for misspelings...I have a pulmonary pathophysiology exam tomorrow so I typed in a hurry.