any texas residents in SMP?

Started by premed7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed7

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was considering doing the Georgetown SMP next year and was hoping to matriculate in medical school immediately after. But, I've heard (on sdn) that most medical schools tend to wait for the fall semester grades in SMP before granting an interview. How would this work for the TX schools where the schools finish interviewing in December? Does anyone know how these med schools view the SMP? Anyone care to share their thoughts/experiences? Thanks.
 
I am currently in the SMP and I know a TX resident. He already has had 3 interviews in TX. I heard the TX schools match you to a school around February. Therefore, his first semester grades and a letter of recommendation will be sent to the schools prior to gaining acceptance. As for second semester grades, a few may be out before the TX schools make their decision. Hope that helps!