Any thoughts on SUNY Stonybrook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIGA ARTZIT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about SUNY Stonybrook. Program, Hospital, Location etc...

Thank you for any input.... I'm trying to figure out where to rank it. I liked my interview day a lot and think that it is a nice place for me and my family but don't know too much about the reputation and strengths/weaknesses of the program.

How would anyone recommend ranking Stonybrook vs. Duke. I think these will be my 1 and 2.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is actually my back-up- jackflassh

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh:

easy tiger. anesthesia is for nice people. and with the board scores you posted on the optho forum you probably wont match in gas either.

All I said was that it is my back-up.. I am not putting the field down in any way...I feel very upset that I have maybe offended someone. I am not american but am hoping to come to your wonderful country to practice quality medicine

Then maybe you should live in another country and stay there. You're not welcome here.

Originally posted by LIGA ARTZIT
If the next reply to this thread doesn't answer any of my questions I will be very very upset. I don't have the time to be fooling around with you americans...

I dont think anyone here gives a flip if you are VERY VERY upset. Like Eric said stay wherever you are if you dont like dealing with AMERICANS. We dont need you. With your scores and attitude we dont want you. My parents are immigrants and i know for a fact that this is the best damn country in the world. If you dont like it dont come here Liga. Ill be lookin out for you.

I feel very bad and anxious and am sorry - I would not want anybody to make things difficult for me - I am just looking to fulfill the ammerican dream. It is a dream for me because america is paradise. Thank you for any information to help me fulfill my dream. I was a little upset before because I did not understand what I had done wrong. I only have the desire to be humble about the opportunities I have been offered. I wanted to be an ophthalmologist in the first place but now I will be happy and grateful to be an anaesthesiologist. I am not a selfish man I want only comfort for my family. Thank you for your understanding.

Good luck to all applicants- I hope everyone is blessed with an easy road to a full medical license in the place where their family will be happy.

Thank you again

Originally posted by LIGA ARTZIT
I feel very bad and anxious and am sorry - I would not want anybody to make things difficult for me - I am just looking to fulfill the ammerican dream. It is a dream for me because america is paradise. Thank you for any information to help me fulfill my dream. I was a little upset before but now I am not feeling my hot blood -only the desire to be humble about the opportunities I have been offered. I just wanted to do my laser eye surgery but now I will do my anaesthesia and my wife will still be proud in her fur coat and my chidren will walk proud in their clothes of their choosing. I am not a selfish man I want only comfort for my family. Thank you for your understanding.

Good luck to all applicants- I hope everyone is blessed with an easy road to a full medical license in the place where their family will be happy.

Thank you again

LAMO! That is the biggest crock of bs ive heard in a while. Well im glad to see you are doing it for all the RIGHT reasons:rolleyes: If your heart is in optho then just try again next year. If you are going into you anesthesia interviews with the "its my back up" mentality then i think people can smell that from a mile away. No one is going to want to work with your miserable ass for three years. Hearing you whine everyday about how you really loved optho. There are ample applicants for which anesthesia is their first and only choice who want to do it 100%. And FYI i think using anesthesia as a back up was a bad move in your case. Your board scores are not competitive for anesthesia this year esp as a foreign medical grad. In case you havent heard, there are alot of great american grads this year applying. A good back up for you would have been family med somewhere in Arkansas, not anesthesia homie.

i agree with doc strange 100%. i dont get these people applying to radiology with anesth as a backup. two completely different specialties. set your goals on one specialty....

I read that Beefyredeye also sees anaesthesia as a reasonable alternative to ophthalmology. I was trying to be a friendly inquisite person- eager to learn what I can in order to be a successful doctor in your country. Instaed I receive animosity. I have not yet heard any advice from anybody -if my picture were of an american would I still receive such racist treatment??. I feel as though i am not wanted in your country and I am surprised because I have heard my of my people and others immigating to be most welcomed. I may indeed decide to remain in my country because I believe that my personal happiness and that of my family will be more affected by the friends and colleages we make than by the money I am offered. I believe that the double plane accident in new york may have affected the welcoming nature of your country and I feel that my experience here justifies this statement.
Goodbye to everyone

I do nto understand how "I attacked" mr jackflash. i was received very nicely at my interviews with my usmle scores and I do not need the backhand slap of other students... I will achieve my goals with or without support on this studentdoctor message ccenter. The virtues of a person are more valuable than the scores he achieves on tests when he is measured among fellow doctors.