Any tips for studying over an elongated period during the semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I plan on taking the DAT in May. I've been studying for the DAT since the start of my winter break which was about a month ago. During winter break, I was able to finish Chad's gen chem and QR videos.

This semester I'm taking only 13 hours. My classes are biochem, physics 2, and an integrated bio class. I've started the semester doing one of Chad's Ochem video a week and working at taking notes on Cliff's bio. I plan on doing DAT and math destroyers as well.

I've been having troubles balancing my courses with my DAT studying, and am worried that I'm studying at too slow of a pace. Do you guys have any tips or suggestions to improve studying during the semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I am studying over the semester as well. I made an excel sheet to help map out what I want to accomplish. I personally try to do 1 hour of Chad's videos a night and read and take notes on 5 pages of Cliffs each day. This equates to about 1.5 hours a night, as I watch chads at 1.5 speed.

The hardest part for me was setting aside the time. So I had to get much better at studying for my classes during the day and then I take about 2 hours between setup, studying and putting my materials away at the end of the night for the DAT. If this doesn't work with your schedule I would try setting aside 3-4 hours maybe on Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure if this helps you but this is what I am trying.

i would focus on school first. make sure your GPA is awesome. It is hard to do that and study for the DAT at the same time. It can be done but I wouldnt recommend it. The dat can wait till you finish the semester. DAT Studying needs to be your main focus if you're aiming for 20+ in all sections.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah make sure you don't let your grades slip. What I would do is finish all my school work first and if I had time, I would try to study a little bit. A lot of times I didn't have time because I was taking a full schedule. Also, I know it's tough but maybe try studying friday nights/other times when you would typically just use for relaxing. Every little bit counts.