Latin America Any UAG or UNAM students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureTXDr

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering UAG (Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara) as "plan B" incase I don't get into a United States school. I was wondering if any current UAG students or graduates or former students could provide information on their experiences at UAG and wether they would recommend for people to go the fifth pathway? Thanks
 
You might have better luck and more informed responses either in the foreign school portion of this site (further down on the main forum page) or on a site that has much more traffic from IMG's (ie valuemd.com)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the place is not conducive to self-expression and the school is just a cesspool of corruption, and greed. you make one false step and it might become your worst nightmare.
 
Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news, but the AMA is no longer recognizing the fifth pathway as avenue of getting a medical degree and practicing in the U.S. I don't know all the details, but I say before you consider going to UAG you might want to go their website and ask a representative of how that will affect your chances of practicing in the U.S.
 
I am considering UAG (Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara) as "plan B" incase I don't get into a United States school. I was wondering if any current UAG students or graduates or former students could provide information on their experiences at UAG and wether they would recommend for people to go the fifth pathway? Thanks


UAG is not a bad option at all. First of all go to valumd and talk to the students there. Secondly, since 5th pathway is discontinued that means it would take you 6 yrs to graduate as oppose to 5 yrs, and then you have to take ECFMG. As far as the actual school its nice and big, and sure there are problems there like as in anywhere else but you do end up working with spanish speaking folks which if you do well on your boards can be a great advantage for you come residency.
Dont forget you would also be living in mexico, a big country with plenty to offer.

So, make your own decision.....I strongly recommend the valumd forum for this decision.
 
I am considering UAG (Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara) as "plan B" incase I don't get into a United States school. I was wondering if any current UAG students or graduates or former students could provide information on their experiences at UAG and wether they would recommend for people to go the fifth pathway? Thanks

I am considering UAG (Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara) as "plan B" incase I don't get into a United States school. I was wondering if any current UAG students or graduates or former students could provide information on their experiences at UAG and wether they would recommend for people to go the fifth pathway? Thanks
Did you ever end up going to UAG? If so how was your experience?
 
Did you ever end up going to UAG? If so how was your experience?
I’m in Guadalajara now... I went to UAG Med school tour Friday it was very brief...look if I go here it will be my last option... I connected with some students. I’m older with no school debt...which caused low GPA that I’m 100% accountable for...it was a choice not to have school debt and pay off personal debt...blah, blah, Blah... I’m a RN of 10 years medic of 17... I have to write a impressive MCAT and interview... I may have to go to a Caribbean school or UAG!!! If you don’t have to take that route stay your SELF in the USA for Med school.