Any websites where I can get free journal articles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you know of websites that offer journal articles for free downloading and printing? I know I can probably go to a med school library but I just wanted to know if I can access anything from my home computer. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

many journals are now online and offer free downloads. but many require paid subscriptions to be able to access the more recent articles and only allow you to download old ones without a subscription, if anything at all, so for the 'best' access, it may be best for you to head to a university library.

pubmed offers links to downloadable articles and also has a listing of online journals. i would just search for what you're looking for on pubmed and you *may* be able to download the article right then and there, if no subscription is required.

Members don't see this ad :)
My college provides everyone with a valid library card access to all of their online journals. Check with your school to see if they do the same. (BTW, this is done thru a "proxy" server)

Thanks you guys :) Moo, I graduated a while ago, and sandflea, I had tried pubmed but it took me to ideallibrary.com or something, and I was denied access. But thankfully, I found out today that I can download articles through the server at where I work.