Any Wisconsin Residents Accepted This Year ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikePhen2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a Wisconsin resident and have been accepted to med school this year I would love to hear your story. Where did you go to premed ? What were your stats ? Did you volunteer ? How long ? Where ? Did you do research ? Where ? Were you accpeted at MCW and not Madison or vice versa ? Accepted anywhere out of state ?

Members don't see this ad.

yes i was accepted. from madison. went to wheaton college (just outside of chicago). you can find my stats posted here and on mdapplicants. accepted to MCW and waitlisted at UW. will be attending loyola in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
MadameLULU said:
Mike's back....
Oh man, is this the same Mike that was banned multiple times already?

Undergrad at UW-Madison. Applied to U Chicago, Northwestern, U Wisconsin, and Med Coll Milwaukee. Accepted to all except MCW (they were very picky about letters of rec that I didn't have). 11B 11P 10V and 3.9 GPA Biochem Honors.

Have basically no volunteer experience but did some interesting research and was an EMT-I for a couple years. Originally wanted to be firefighter/paramedic (for those of you who don't get in, it's a pretty sweet job, especially in a place like madison), but decided med school was a better fit for me.

Picked UW over U Chicago because here I'm closer to my research and already work with several faculty in Rad, Onc, Peds, and Surg. Northwestern is a sweet school, but I didn't feel right there (no good reason other than that).

YzIa said:
Oh man, is this the same Mike that was banned multiple times already?
Sounds like it, I wonder if he'll behave himself this time.

MWillie said:
Sounds like it, I wonder if he'll behave himself this time.
I thought the OP's post about the FMG that scored in the top percentile was going to turn into his next ban. So far its remained pretty tame though.

I'm from Waukesha, WI but I'm going to undergrad at Penn State. I've been accepted to MCW and I'm waitlisted at both UW-Madison (probably because of my MCAT) and Hershey (Penn State). My GPA is a little over a 3.7 with a mediocre MCAT of 27 O (stupid verbal). I have had volunteer experiences in 3 different positions in 2 different states. Also, I'm involved in many clubs/activities and I'm a varsity athlete.

I've basically crossed Penn State off the list because of its insanely high out-of-state tuition, but the people there are very nice. I really liked the facilities at both WI schools and would be happy to attend either one. Overall, I think that maybe MCW's relaxed atmosphere is a little more suited to my taste, but we'll have to see what happens in the end. Hope this helps.