Any word from Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medis4me

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to this forum, but I have a quick question that perhaps someone can shed some light on.

I interviewed at Albert Einstein Dec 8th, received a letter in January saying that they hadn't reviewed my file yet, and now it's March 1st and still no word either way! I called about a week ago, and the woman on the phone told me that I should here in a week, 2 at most. She didn't sound optimistic, but I may just be paranoid. Is anyone else in this situation? Does this mean I probably won't get in, or is Einstein just being slow? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the timing sounds about right... I interviewed there in mid-December (16th), and received my letter about a week and a half ago. So they seem to take approximately 2 - 3 months to send out a decision. When I interviewed, my interviewer told me that I should hear from them around the end of March/ middle of April, so I think that mine was unusally early... I would say don't worry yet... give it a week or two!!

Good luck!!!:) :) :)

I am also waiting on einstein and i expect that they will be sending decisions around march 15th. I do have a general question - when you guys interviewed, did anyone's interview take place in the admissions office or was it in montefiore like most? Mine was at the admissions office and i wonder if it makes a difference... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that when I interviewed at Einstein, other applicants interviewed all over, at different locations on the campus, be it the admissions office or the hospital. So I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to the interview location - I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

And another annoying question from me....if I've been waitlisted at schools that are ranked "lower" than Einstein, does that mean I probably won't get into Einstein either? Or is it a guessing game just like applying to undergrad? :cool: ;) :p

med, I am in the same situation, I have been waitlisted in a state school with a lower status than einstein, but i know others who were waitlisted at the state school and gotten into einstein... i am beginning to wonder if it is the paradox that the low state schools put you on a waitlist if you have good stats because they think you will get in somewhere else and decline their acceptance?

FWIW, I just got an interview invite from Einstein...maybe I'm just interviewing for the waitlist, but I got the invite on Friday and just today they confirmed for March 30.

So the process apparently continues.

I interviewed at Einstein Jan 12 and received my waitlist letter on Saturday, Feb 28. Good luck to you all.

I interviewed 12/29 and got my acceptance 2/17.

From reading these posts, it seems that for the most part Einstein has sped up a bit, making decisions in 6-7 weeks vs. 8-10 post-interview as they often quote. I interviewed 1/26 and am anxiously waiting for an answer.

Has anyone else who interviewed Dec/Jan received decisions in the 6-7 week time frame?

Thanks everyone :)

Treg

I interviewed at einstein the end of december and received an acceptance on 2/14;

hope that helps;

Originally posted by Treg
From reading these posts, it seems that for the most part Einstein has sped up a bit, making decisions in 6-7 weeks vs. 8-10 post-interview as they often quote. I interviewed 1/26 and am anxiously waiting for an answer.

Has anyone else who interviewed Dec/Jan received decisions in the 6-7 week time frame?

Thanks everyone :)

Treg

Hey, Good Luck on the upcoming weeks. It seems that your application will be reviewed soon.

It took them exactly 8 weeks for me and I interviewed on 12/10. And to Med's questions, even though I got waitlisted at schools "ranked lower" than Einstein, I got accepted right away at Einstein. For me, I think it just had to do with having a really good interview at Einstein compared to the other schools.

So do those of you who were accepted think that you will be going to Einstein? For me, it my top choice (keeping fingers crossed...).

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
So do those of you who were accepted think that you will be going to Einstein? For me, it my top choice (keeping fingers crossed...).

Treg

I thought Einstein was great, but I'll probably withdraw at some point. NYU and MSSM are basically quite similar to Einstein in terms of reputation, so there should be a lot of waitlist movement between these three schools.

bumping for medappgurl!

Treg

Treg

Yes, I'm excited. The more I do my research and ask questions from those who have done residencies and fellowships there, they only had good things to say about Einstein students. Everyone seems to complain about its location, but coming from NYC, I kinda like it compared to being in the city - a lot more students who took time off and some who have families. NYU is great too, but I got the sense that most of the students there were fresh out of college. Sinai is great too, nice hospital, laid back curriculum, great research. I trying to decide between the 3, but I still haven't heard from Sinai yet.

thanks guys!
i hope to hear back soon. einstein is my #1 as of now.
good luck to us who are still waiting.

yes I got my rejection letter today BASTARDS!

sorry to hear that ocean, was that post interview?

So it's me again, I just called the admissions office AGAIN (because I interviewed Dec 8th and still havent heard) and this time, the woman on the phone told me that "a decision has been made" and that I should find out in about a week. Does this mean I am waitlisted or rejected? If I was accepted would they have told me on the phone? This happen to anyone?

Originally posted by Medis4me
So it's me again, I just called the admissions office AGAIN (because I interviewed Dec 8th and still havent heard) and this time, the woman on the phone told me that "a decision has been made" and that I should find out in about a week. Does this mean I am waitlisted or rejected? If I was accepted would they have told me on the phone? This happen to anyone?

for a good number of schools it is their policy not to tell you your status regardless of whether it is good or bad over the phone. so just wait for the mail and let us know the hopefully good news.

You also get an email acceptance notification, but because it's Friday, you would have to wait until next week. Good Luck!

Not to add to the confusion, but I NEVER got an acceptance email from Einstein. I just got a letter. Only after I got my letter did I get an email, but that was several days after the letter was received. And the email was one of those: "Now that you've been accepted, here's how you can find out more about our school."

I hope your news is good.

medis4me, this is the way i see your situation... einstein has 2 general batches of acceptances, jan 15th and march 15th. since you interviewed dec 8th you probably were too late for the first batch and so you are just in the second batch so you (and i hopefully) will get the response on march 15th. good luck!

Originally posted by palatanmr6
medis4me, this is the way i see your situation... einstein has 2 general batches of acceptances, jan 15th and march 15th.

when i was there they told me that after jan 15th they would send out acceptances on a rolling basis. however, it doesnt seem to be the case since i've only really seen one acceptance in the interim...... hmmmmm..

No, I think they're rolling. A handful of us got in around early February. My letter was dated 2/6.

I never got an e-mail either; just a letter. Shortly after recieving the letter, however (the next day), I recieved a bunch of e-mails from them about financial aid and such....

I interviewed on 12/8 (MD only) and still haven't gotten a decision yet. Since a month ago, I started calling them every week to request my status. I always got the same answer: please call us back next week and we should have a decision for you by then. They've been lying to me for 3 weeks now. Let's see how they do this time....:rolleyes:

Is it me or does it seem like nearly everyone who has been accepted at AECOM already is likely to go somewhere else?

(not that I am complaining, since that will hopefully open up more spots for people like me that are waiting post-interview with AECOM as first choice ;))

:laugh: :D :laugh:

Is it me or does it seem like nearly everyone who has been accepted at AECOM already is likely to go somewhere else?

(not that I am complaining, since that will hopefully open up more spots for people like me that are waiting post-interview with AECOM as first choice ;))

:laugh: :D :laugh:

I think it's like that at a lot of schools; the people they interview and accept early are the cream of the crop...those people end up matriculating at top-10 places, which they get into around Feb-June. The people who end up matriculating at Einstein are the ones who weren't interviewed so early, and maybe even get in off the waitlist.

I'm also waiting on AECOM post-interview...it's one of my top two choices...I haven't done a perfect job of ranking all of the schools I've interviewed at, but I doubt I'll have too many options whehn the dust settles, anyway. I'm in at my state school, though, which is a cool option.

Good luck, Treg.

When I interviewed at Einstein I talked to a lot of people who ended up there for one of these reasons:

1) More inexpensive than similar options at Georgetown, USC, etc.

2) Cali residents who didnt get into any of the UCs

3) Liked the Jewish aspects of the school (kosher meals, library closed on shabbat, etc.)

4) Good PhD/MD program

5) Liked NYC but wanted the freedom to live outside of manhattan

------------------------------------------------------

Most of the students to whom I spoke told me that they were accepted late in the process, even in early summer, so keep your hopes up. Good luck to all of you, I hope you hear back soon.

Originally posted by BaseballFan
When I interviewed at Einstein I talked to a lot of people who ended up there for one of these reasons:

3) Liked the Jewish aspects of the school (kosher meals, library closed on shabbat, etc.)

Were these all Jewish people? Personally, I didn't like or understand the fact that the library is closed one day a week. It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I found it a little annoying. (I also find the elevator stopping on every floor a little irritating, but at least I understand the reasoning behind that.)

I think the email was sent a bit later than the acceptance letter. I believe that back in Jan 15, both waitlist and acceptance letters were sent out, so it's hard to tell anything by the date the letter's sent out.

Also after like 6 weeks of the acceptance letter, I got a card from my interviewer asking me to seriously consider Einstein...Einstein was one of the few schools that did that, so I thought that was nice.

I interviewed at Einstein Monday 2/23, and I just got my acceptance letter on Saturday 3/6. I have not received an email from them. Since I was told that I wouldn't hear back from them for 8-10 weeks, I was extremely pleasantly surprised to get such a quick response. Einstein is my #1 school, so I am very excited. I am also confused why I was accepted there but waitlisted or rejected from state schools.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you hear good news soon!

Originally posted by jlee9531
for a good number of schools it is their policy not to tell you your status regardless of whether it is good or bad over the phone. so just wait for the mail and let us know the hopefully good news.

I hope so. I too, called last week and got the same wait one week response...:rolleyes:

Einstein is my #1 as well...I am keeping my fingers crossed..haven't checked my mail box...been partyin on spring break...whoohh hoh:hardy: :horns:

Hope there's something good in there.

This process is horrible and so random. I interviewed in mid-jan and still no response thus far. I am very anxious to hear back clearly lol. This thread is frustrating, while I am happy for my fellow-snd-ers hearing back..i am confused about why some of us have been in application pergatory longer than others. +pity+

I called and apparently the computers were down and there was no way of determining if I was in the group reviewed this week. She did tell me letters went out this monday. So we'll see.

Goodluck everyone.

Originally posted by TotalEclipse
I interviewed at Einstein Monday 2/23, and I just got my acceptance letter on Saturday 3/6. I have not received an email from them. Since I was told that I wouldn't hear back from them for 8-10 weeks, I was extremely pleasantly surprised to get such a quick response. Einstein is my #1 school, so I am very excited. I am also confused why I was accepted there but waitlisted or rejected from state schools.

Very cool. Let us know when you get any e-mail from them.

So to update my situation, I got my waitlist letter from Einstein in the mail today :( I'm pretty disappointed, Einstein is definitely my top choice at this point, and it seems like there are conflicting opinions on SDN on how much their waitlist moves. Anyone have any advice on how to increase a person's chances of getting off the waitlist? Any general thoughts or words of encouragement? Thanks so much - you all have been great!

So to update my situation, I got my waitlist letter from Einstein in the mail today :( I'm pretty disappointed, Einstein is definitely my top choice at this point, and it seems like there are conflicting opinions on SDN on how much their waitlist moves. Anyone have any advice on how to increase a person's chances of getting off the waitlist? Any general thoughts or words of encouragement? Thanks so much - you all have been great!

The letter, which I got too, says they take a significant number of people after May 15th. Write a letter saying they are your top choice (make this very clear) and that will increase your chances I'm sure.

I called today and got the "you interviewed on 1/26 and it will be 8-10 weeks until you hear something" line.

Treg

(twiddling thumbs ever so patiently :) )

bump!

Is anyone as impatient as me??

:D
Treg

Treg, I am just as impatient if not more! I interviewed on 1/29 so we are in the same boat... I can't take it anymore!!! Einstein is totally my #1 choice and if we both get in it would be awesome to know that there are other people just as excited as me to go there... GOOD LUCK!

Interviewed 1/14 and still waiting myself. Definitely 1st choice at this point. At the interview I was told 6-8 weeks. We are on the end of 8 weeks. On the phone, I was told 8-10...so they just extended my wait potentially another 2 weeks. SIGH. IN FACT, when I said my name, the woman on the phone said...OH YEAH...YOU WERE JUST COMPLETED! and asked if I had received the email. LOL I told her that I had actually interviewed....and she said OOOOOOh ok, nevermind....it should take 8-10 weeks from your interview date. LOL So, suffice to say even though she was a sweetheart, I was mildly frustrated. :eek:

Hmmm...

What if we send them a combined LOI, for the group of us, saying, "look at the fabulous package deal you get out of all of us, who will definitely be at Einstein this fall! Save yourself the work of accepting people who will pick a diferent school."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Treg

I said my name, the woman on the phone said...OH YEAH...YOU WERE JUST COMPLETED! and asked if I had received the email.

Sounds to me like she let the acceptance out of the bag! Here's hoping....

Treg
:)

That's quite interesting that you were told 6-8 or 8-10 weeks. During my interview, my interviewer told me 4-5 weeks and he said this at the beginning and the end of my interview. I interviewed there last wednesday.

Originally posted by ewing
Very cool. Let us know when you get any e-mail from them.

I just received an email from Einstein today (3/10), which is 4 days after I received my acceptance letter.

I hope the rest of you hear good news soon!

Sounds to me like she let the acceptance out of the bag! Here's hoping....

Treg
:)

Most definitely! I was hoping she would tell me something after she seemed so sure to know my name. And my name is not very common. I am sure I was the only one with that name to apply. SIGH. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, Treg et. al waiting alongside myself....we will make it to the land of "Einstein Acceptances" someday! Fingers crossed....

:cool:

Originally posted by TotalEclipse

I inteviwed a few weeks before that and my letter came last week aslo.