Any word from Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all. I too got that cryptic email from Kerrigan late May. Replied back and got an acceptance email about 2 weeks later, oddly enough. I say that because I thought my interview was totally lame ("what animal/cell type would you be and why?" That WANKER.) Anyhow, ended up turning AE down- good luck to the rest of you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent in an email pulling my acceptance. So next time you call and they tell you the class is full, tell them that you know there is room for at least one more. ;)

Good luck to everyone!

Hi all! I just got my AECOM acceptance in the mail today! JOY! It's my first acceptance and I can't even believe it! I had gotten the favorable review email in late May and they sent out my official letter on June 9th. :clap: I know they said there's been no movement but I hope its not 100%. I want to see everyone else there too. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks spidermonkey11! And I love your signature btw! :D

Congrats!!!! :D

palatanmr6 said:
med, I am in the same situation, I have been waitlisted in a state school with a lower status than einstein, but i know others who were waitlisted at the state school and gotten into einstein... i am beginning to wonder if it is the paradox that the low state schools put you on a waitlist if you have good stats because they think you will get in somewhere else and decline their acceptance?
Interesting. Were they out-of-state schools? Because sometimes the out of state public schools are just as difficult to get into as the private ones.
Also, a few yrs ago, a guy from my state (oklahoma) was put on OU's waiting list yet was enthusiastically accepted into Georgetown. It may have been because he went elsewhere for his college education and OU has a tiiiiiiiny out of state acceptance rate, but I dunno. I don't understand the logic behind it.

So.... Any Einstein news as of late? This med app process has been the longest wait of my life... :(

nothing for me!!

To those still waiting. I have removed myself from consideration at Einstein following a favorable review of my application. I interviewed Mar. 26th and received the "favorable review" email June 10th. Hopefully this opens up a space for another acceptance -- or at least a place on the wait-list. Can't believe it took so long!

Good luck and Godspeed.

Long time no post by me. They are reviewing my new MCAT scores. I will keep you posted...

Treg :)

Members don't see this ad :)
MDMD said:
Interesting. Were they out-of-state schools? Because sometimes the out of state public schools are just as difficult to get into as the private ones.
Also, a few yrs ago, a guy from my state (oklahoma) was put on OU's waiting list yet was enthusiastically accepted into Georgetown. It may have been because he went elsewhere for his college education and OU has a tiiiiiiiny out of state acceptance rate, but I dunno. I don't understand the logic behind it.

MDMD, this was my state school - and i was waitlisted and then granted an acceptance recently (after much waiting) - but i went to another state for undergrad, so your explanation is a possible. as i heard someone else say, the acceptance process is absurd, seems like they throw all the applications on the floor, put scotch tape all over themselves and roll around to see what apps stick - the ones that stick are accepted, the ones hangin a little are waitlisted :laugh:

This is too funny. I was on the waitlist, I recently got the rejection letter. I sent them my mcat scores anyway, and I just got the favorable review email...

This process is so strange...

Treg

Just got the favorable review email.

So this is basically an acceptance? I mean, no one here who's gotten this email seems to have been rejected.

Now I have a decision to make.... :eek:

HawkeyeBFP said:
Just got the favorable review email.

So this is basically an acceptance? I mean, no one here who's gotten this email seems to have been rejected.

Now I have a decision to make.... :eek:
You know it doesn't look like the email is a 100% acceptance at this time. Everyone calling the office keeps getting the response that the class is full and movement isn't likely. I really hope that's not true :luck: . Has anyone else called admissions today? When did you interview?

I interviewed March 30.

Well, we'll see.

:cool:

HawkeyeBFP said:
I interviewed March 30.

Well, we'll see.

:cool:
Good attitude! I wish I would have had that while I was waiting. Where else are you in at?

Downstate.

So I can afford to wait and see. Not even totally sure I'd go if I got in, but I'm doing research this summer for the first time and I was really favorably impressed with Einstein's research facilities, among other things.

However, it's not like I can't still work there during the summer. :rolleyes:

No email, and I was freaking out, which was really stupid cause I called admissions and they let me know I got in. I waited to celibrate til I got the letter in the mail and 2 days later I got an email from Dean Kerrigen. Joy I'm off to take my last undergrad final in med micro! Good luck everyone!

I just got a favorable review e-mail as well, I interviewed April 20th. I'll be withdrawing, so if it was meant to be an eventual acceptance I hope it goes to someone here who is waiting.

APRIL 20!!?!

Geez Louise.

Are they STILL holding interviews???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HawkeyeBFP said:
APRIL 20!!?!

Geez Louise.

Are they STILL holding interviews???

Haha, yeah maybe. Actually they finished holding interviews April 30th, so all the reviews should be in within the next week.

Let's BUMP this thing....

to all who got the favorable email:

don't get too excited, it means nothing. It does NOT guarantee a spot. In all likelihood, you will be rejected in the upcoming few weeks.

Good news yet anyone? Even if you haven't gotten an acceptance email the admissions office will let you know if you've gotten in so don't be afraid to call. :)

I just gave up a spot to AECOM after hearing from my school of choice. Good luck!

I was waitlisted at the end of April after interviewing mid Feb. Haven't received a favorable email. I'm on one other wl with no acceptances, and AECOM is my first choice. I called today and was told what others have heard: they didnt' go to the waitlist at all last year. I'm really starting to lose hope.

BH

I heard from my first choice today and will be giving up my spot at AECOM on Monday. Good luck to everyone.

Bunsen Honeydew said:
I was waitlisted at the end of April after interviewing mid Feb. Haven't received a favorable email. I'm on one other wl with no acceptances, and AECOM is my first choice. I called today and was told what others have heard: they didnt' go to the waitlist at all last year. I'm really starting to lose hope.

BH

Hey, don't lose hope because there is still time. Keep your spirit up!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

What up ya
Well, I heard from my top choice school, so I will be freein up a spot at Einstein so don't worry and keep your heads up. good luck to everyone. :D

eek, after getting waitlisted in May, I was just rejected today. yipes!

Interesting, Marr...I called yesterday too and wasn't told about "ranking", specifically...but the woman I talked to looked up my name and then sort of stuttered a bit and said they would probably be having more movement next week as "they heard back from people".

Oh, who knows. I'm in somewhere else anyway, but I'd probably switch if I got into Einstein. I'd certainly have to think long and hard about it.

;)

I called today about my "favorable review" and was told that spaces will be offered as they become available. Then, this afternoon, I received a few emails from their listserve for class of 2008. Did anyone else get these???

Treg

Treg said:
I called today about my "favorable review" and was told that spaces will be offered as they become available. Then, this afternoon, I received a few emails from their listserve for class of 2008. Did anyone else get these???

Treg

bump!

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Not a clue, but it sounds like a good sign.

Call them on Tuesday. Not that you didn't think of that already. What, you don't like the exquisite anticipation and uncertainty of the application process???

Post-holiday BUMP!

Any news?

I called and the official acceptance letter went out yesterday. :D :clap:

Treg

Congrats Treg,
Will you accept or go through with another app process? Either way, you're golden. You show a lot of dedication... Congrats again.

Congratulations!

I'll be looking for the listserve, then... :D :D :D

Wow! Congrats after the long wait! Hope to see you at AECOM next year!

Well, I have declined my spot. :( There is no way that I can start there in four weeks, for a lot of family-related reasons. They told me that I have a good shot for the next cycle, though! Good luck to all AECOM c/o 2008 SDNers! :clap:

Treg

Wow!

I had no idea you were even considering declining, but I'm sure you'll get in next cycle.

Now if you could just designate where your spot goes.... :rolleyes:

Good luck and hope to see you next year! (Or if I don't get in, you can come visit me in Brooklyn. I'll be happy there too. :laugh: )

Hi peeps! After the long torturous wait, I'm in! Good luck to those still on the "favorable" list or waitlist :luck:

I'm in too!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Treg, what'd you do???!?

:hardy:

Hi all,

I applied this year during grad school with the hopes of deferring for a year while I finish up. Since I got accepted past the deferral deadline, I can't defer and for a number of reasons can't start in 4 weeks. Thus, I had to decline my spot and will be reapplying this year.

Einstein has always been near the top of my list for a number of reasons, and I would be really happy going to school there. However, my new MCAT has allowed me to feel more realistic about some of the top research schools, which is what I am now aiming for. Still, I could definitely be at Einstein next year :D

Thanks for the support you guys! It just goes to show that Einstein picks really great students :)

Treg