Any word from Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Zahri,

Yeah, over my 2 current offers I'll definitely pick AECOM! I just really feel as if I'd fit in their very well and I liked almost everything about the school :) .

Good luck to you too! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I have no idea. I assumed that since I hadn't heard anything in a while, that I wasn't going to get in, so I've been trying to decide between 2 other schools. This new info kind of throws a wrench in that plan, so I'll probably go take a second look at AECOM next week. For now its a toss up.

ugh.. I'm dying from the suspense :laugh:

Anyone with any new news?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here!!

I interviewed on the 14th of last month and called AECOM yesterday. The admissions lady told me I should wait 10-12 weeks until i get a response. She said until the end of may beginning of june for me...

el_izalco said:
I interviewed on the 14th of last month and called AECOM yesterday. The admissions lady told me I should wait 10-12 weeks until i get a response. She said until the end of may beginning of june for me...

Honestly, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. How can they get back to you after May 15th? If there is some kind of decision deadline on us, why not on them? I hate these admissions double standards... :mad:

Got a rejection from AECOM today. Interviewed 1st Wed. in March. Good luck to the rest of you!

(I agree, I think it's rediculous that late interviewees wont hear til after May 15.)

sorry to hear lochmoor :( I hope everything still works out for you.

Hrmm... so they're already at the march interviews in terms of evaluating? The lady on the other side of the line (Ms Kerrigan I'm guessing?) told me that March interviews wouldn't find out till after May 15th :confused:

And as for finding out late... On the bright side at least they're still looking at them :) .

I interviewed Feb 25 and haven't gotten anything in the mail from aecom yet......school takes way too long to get back to people :smuggrin:

Lochmoor said:
Got a rejection from AECOM today. Interviewed 1st Wed. in March. Good luck to the rest of you!

(I agree, I think it's rediculous that late interviewees wont hear til after May 15.)

I interviewed one week after lochmoor...so maybe I'll be getting something soon? As soon as I hear something, I'll pass it along.

i called today and the lady said that last year, they "didnt even get to the waitlist".. that kind of shocked me, how is that possible? ANd does AE have a reputation for waitlisting a lot of people and not taking them?

Hey Lochmoor, good to see you online...I thought you were trying to get over your SDN addiction :D

I called today and heard the same thing...they didn't get to the waitlist last year...there were just not enough people who withdrew their acceptances. She said she couldn't really tell if this year would be different or not, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they are also so slow that they can just gradually take the later interviews as spaces open up, so they never have to make a waitlist.

precisionplus said:
hey lochmoor, when was your letter dated and postmarked?

My rejection letter was dated and postmarked May 6. Also, I interviewed in some guys office down the street from Monte--they did CME stuff. Hope that helps.

Did anyone who received that email from Kerrigan asking if you were still interested in AECOM hear any word yet from the school?

No, not yet angstrom. I am expecting acceptances for those who are still interested to be sent out after the 15th (last year people who expressed their interest got acceptance e-mails on the 19th).
Can't wait to get mine!

Audioslave said:
No, not yet angstrom. I am expecting acceptances for those who are still interested to be sent out after the 15th (last year people who expressed their interest got acceptance e-mails on the 19th).
Can't wait to get mine!
ooohhh....very promising news! hehe :)

Why did you get an e-mail from her? If yes, when?

i interviewed at einstein Feb 25, got an email from kerrigan asking if i'm still interested in the school on May 06. That's pretty much the last time I heard from einstein. I only have waitlists at this point, so any glimmer of hope of any kind of acceptance I'll gladly take :D

Well, based on the research I've done (in this thread and last year's), everyone who has received an e-mail and indicated his or her interest in Einstein has been accepted. I treated my "favorable review" e-mail as an acceptance. So...see you at Einstein this year! (unless something unpredictable happens).

I've gotta Q and sorry if this one has been done to death, but:

Would you go to Einstein over a school in Manhattan? What's it like in the Bronx?

Super Rob said:
What's it like in the Bronx?

Scary. Dark, and there are dragons and demons and trolls.

Really it's the same as manhattan without the architectural diversity.

On a different note did anyone else hear that they cut down their waitlist?

P.S. Is it ranked?

Any news lately, people? I'm still waiting for a decision for 13 weeks now. Good luck everyone.

No news since April 29th (e-mail). You should call them, Marr. I mean this is my 12th week of waiting but I got the e-mail, so I'm not worried. You, on the other hand, should definitely give them a call, or e-mail Dean Kerrigan.

Emailing dean kerrigan is a good idea. She's good about getting back to you by email.

Thanks Angstrom55 & Audioslave. I took both of your advice and email Dean Kerrigan. Hopefully, I will get a decision. Good luck everyone.

hey all,

Just found out that I was Waitlisted :( . Interviewed March 1st and they sent the Letter on May 13th. Which from what I'm reading means that it's pretty much a rejection?

Good luck to the rest of you!

I'm so sorry to hear that, tombit. :( Last year the waitlist didn't move, but the years before it did - I've seen a couple of SDNers who got off the waitlist around June.
Best of luck to you!! I hope you get in - keep us updated.

I don't think the wait-list didn't move last year at all. When I interviewed, one of the first years said that she got off the wait-list at the very end. Her cousin had graduated from Einstein and put in a good word for her. She said that if you keep your file updated, you'll probably get in. :)

Interviewed Mar. 26th. No positive indicators, ie that "Are you still interested?" email. :confused: Oh well. I'm going to Ohio State...just got in off the wait-list. :oops:

BUMP BUMP BUMP :thumbup:

That's great news, marr! Congrats on the "favorable review" e-mail.

Here's some good news for those who got the "favorable email". I got one of those after a FEb 25 interview and just got my acceptance email today! (yay--my first acceptance). :D

OMG congrats angstrom!!! I am waiting for mine!

Audioslave said:
What time (EST) did you get the e-mail?
It came into my mail box around 6am so eastern time should be around 9am-ish.

The extra things that I had done since they reviewed my app was sent in an extra letter of rec and I also sent an email to kerrigan last week asking when I should hear a decision (and I also said again how i'm excited about einstein and possibly going there and stuff like that)

Hopefully you guys should hear news soon.

anyone get cut from the einstein waitlist?

I got the Einstein "still interested" e-mail today. I interviewed on March 13th....so probably those who interviewed on that date may hear soon. I am planning on withdrawing - I would have earlier but just found out I got off the waitlist at my top choice yesterday :) Good luck to you all!!I'm crossing my fingers for you :D

angstrom, congrats once again! I am kind of bummed out I didn't get in today...I got the e-mail one week earlier than you (although I interviewed one day later). And yeah...I did e-mail Dean Kerrigan about when I should be expecting a decision and did not get any certain reply.

tova said:
anyone get cut from the einstein waitlist?

Sad to say, yes it does happen. I got cut this week.

ma-bas said:
Sad to say, yes it does happen. I got cut this week.

I'm sorry. :( How did they let you know?

Hi. I was rejected post interview today. So I guess there's another space open for someone. Can you imagine? Someone rejected me? Moi? I'm mean....I'm so charming. I really can't understand it.

Brickhouse said:
Hi. I was rejected post interview today. So I guess there's another space open for someone. Can you imagine? Someone rejected me? Moi? I'm mean....I'm so charming. I really can't understand it.

sorry to hear about your rejection. it's great that you have somewhere to go to, though. i was just curious if you could tell me when you interviewed, as i am still waiting to hear post-interview (it's been over 10 weeks). also, how did you hear: email? snail mail? what was the postmark? where do you live? the answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

precisionplus said:
sorry to hear about your rejection. it's great that you have somewhere to go to, though. i was just curious if you could tell me when you interviewed, as i am still waiting to hear post-interview (it's been over 10 weeks). also, how did you hear: email? snail mail? what was the postmark? where do you live? the answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Uh - let's see....I interviewed the second week in January, got waitlisted late February, and got my rejection today. All correspondence was via snail mail. I'm not really that broken up about it since I didn't follow up on the waitlist status and I have already planned on going to GW. I'm in L.A. Good luck, hope you hear good news!!

ughh... just got my waitlist letter in the mail. Dated 5/20. Postmarked 5/20. I live in massachusetts. Interviewed 3/10. this is upsetting but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i noticed that there is nothing to send back to confirm that i want to stay on the waitlist. do they just assume that we want to stay on it? also, i saw that people are getting waitlisted and then rejected? how does this work? do they provide an explaination?

Audioslave said:
angstrom, congrats once again! I am kind of bummed out I didn't get in today...I got the e-mail one week earlier than you (although I interviewed one day later). And yeah...I did e-mail Dean Kerrigan about when I should be expecting a decision and did not get any certain reply.

Hey audioslave... I am absolutely baffled by the "favorable email" that they are sending out. Is it really an acceptance just waiting to be handed out in near time, or is it possible that you can also get rejected after receiving this email? As you believe now, I've been told by current AECOM students and others that this is pretty much an acceptance. Now that it's been nearly 2 months since I've received that email... I'm not too sure if this really guarantees anything. I'm just awfully disappointed right now at the way they are handling this. If they didn't have a spot open then and continue to not have any spots open, then why keep sending these emails out to students??????? I got that that email 3/31. and every time I call, it's as if they are programmed to say "you are very close". yeah... very close for freakin' 2 months!!!!!!! absolute nonsense!

precisionplus said:
ughh... just got my waitlist letter in the mail. Dated 5/20. Postmarked 5/20. I live in massachusetts. Interviewed 3/10. this is upsetting but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i noticed that there is nothing to send back to confirm that i want to stay on the waitlist. do they just assume that we want to stay on it? also, i saw that people are getting waitlisted and then rejected? how does this work? do they provide an explaination?

Definitely send them a letter of interest! I didn't - and maybe I'm wrong but I think they assumed from my silence that I was not interested in being considered after being waitlisted. Plus I think they see that I have already signed on to go to GW so they have rejected me post interview. Even though everyone swears that med schools don't know who's accepted you and who hasn't, I don't buy it for a minute. Bottom line - send a letter to the adcomm. Good luck!