Any word from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pallie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
I interviewed at UIC earlier this month and am patiently (hmm...well, maybe not) waiting for a response. Has anyone who interviewed in March heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, haven't heard a thing...I interviewed on 2/26 and I "think" the adcom met 3/25...I will let you know if I here anything(I am in Cali so it should take a week to get to me).

Anyone hear anything? Waiting sucks...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed back in November, and every month I get a lame email that says, 'admissions committee has not yet made a decision on your application'.
Was I the only one who got interviewed by non-faculty members?

Hey guys I recieved my acceptance from UofI today(in CA)! I interviewed 2/26....now if I can just get them to place me in Chicago! Good luck to you!:)

same here, interviewed in January, get the lame email every month.....committee couldn't make a decision. Why can't these committee's just make an executive decision....they seem to be pretty indecisive.

Hey Bob, what's wrong with him...hmmm...i don't know, come back in 6 months and we may be able to diagnose...meanwhile patient dies.:rolleyes:

X

I interviewed in December and I just got my fourth "no decision" e-mail yesterday.

Hey all --I interviewed in early Feb, got my acceptance in early March and was placed in Chicago mid March. GOOD LUCK to you all! I hope to see you there!! :D

Hey all I live in Mpls & got my acceptance yesturday. I interviewed in the first week of March.

Anyone who interviewed in the new year and got accepted from out of state, wanna post up their numbers? I think with this school, it's all about numbers...their interviews were 20 min on the day I was there and I doubt 20 min could change anybody's mind. Any thoughts.

X

Originally posted by X
Anyone who interviewed in the new year and got accepted from out of state, wanna post up their numbers? I think with this school, it's all about numbers...their interviews were 20 min on the day I was there and I doubt 20 min could change anybody's mind. Any thoughts.

X

I have the same opinion. UIC seems to be all about the numbers now since they changed up their admissions process. I feel that us non residents won't hear anything until May or so.

Hey y'all...

Just wanted to share some words of inspiration.

My friends at UIC tell me that the committee is typically slow, so don't worry too much about it. And even if you get waitlisted, the game is far from over. Last year they had to go REALLY deep into their list. In May, when all the GPPA students who are going elsewhere and all the people who got accepted early but are also planning to go elsewhere withdraw from UIC, there will be a ton of spots opening.