Any word on Georgia programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clair de Lune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight about path programs in Georgia? Specifically Emory or the Augusta program?

For that matter, any insight to any of the programs in the Southeast would be great! I tried scutwork already but there's not a whole lot there.

Thanks in advance :)

Clair

Oops--just did the search function and there's already a lot on these boards about these programs. Sorry! (but if you had anything else to add that would be great!)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a new PGY-1 at Emory, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. I plan to post on scutwork.com later this year, after I've done a couple of months on surg path (AP/CP residents alternate AP and CP rotations every one to three months here).

skoller said:
I'm a new PGY-1 at Emory, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. I plan to post on scutwork.com later this year, after I've done a couple of months on surg path (AP/CP residents alternate AP and CP rotations every one to three months here).

hey, did c. whitaker sewell leave/retire?? heard somewhere that he no longer does signouts or teaching or something at least.

anyways, hope you're enjoying emory....wow, what a program. I LOVED the residents there during my interview. Hands downs the way a program should be run. I needed to stay west coast, but other than that, atlanta and emory was a good choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Dr. Sewell used to be the PD here - and he was a big part of the reason we came to Emory - but he just stepped down from that position. He still teaches and signs out cases, though. I haven't done surg path yet, so I can't agree with you yet, Yaah, about Dr. Amin, but he definitely has quite the reputation around here (and is actually a nice guy, I've heard). Sharon Weiss is here, too, and comes to teaching conferences sometimes.

I have to say, the residents here are really supportive, smart, and fun to be around (myself excluded). I've really been impressed by how together everyone seems to be.