Anybody bought ACU's from the web?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FizbanZymogen

Guitar Hero Champion
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I found a handful of websites which claim to sell ACU's up to Military spec. and say they are 100 percent acceptable. Has anybody bought ACU's from these types of sites and if so are they as good as the ACU's you can buy on base. I am asking because I will have a limited amount of time to get my uniforms before I report to OBC and want to make sure I get them in time rather than find out the base is out of stock in my size. Also how long does it take to get your name tags made for the uniforms? Thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

I've found that AAFES is cheapest for most stuff when compared to ranger joes and some of the others. If you have one close, just get yourself to a base clothing store. (not sure what's near ellensburg, WA) or order the stuff now online (some things have a backorder time I believe).

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine on ebay. A lot of Soldiers who ETS sell their stuff on ebay. Name tags can be done over night at your local AAFES Clothing and Sales. I can tell you have no prior service

I tried to buy AF BDUs from AAFES website and a month later they sent my my name tapes (thats it!). When I called they said that the rest of the uniform would be backordered for another month! I'm going to go to an MCS in person once I get my ID and get my uniforms then.

Yes, because if you don't buy your ACU's on ebay, it means you have no prior service.

04JAN01-03JAN05 don't count.

Yes, because if you don't buy your ACU's on ebay, it means you have no prior service.

04JAN01-03JAN05 don't count.

I bought mine on ebay because it was cheap. Of course, this has nothing to do with having prior service or not.

I just assumed all prior service knew that they can have name-tags done at clothing and sales.

I was just messing with you. :)

Some of the stuff I have bought at places like Ranger Joes and General Jacksons is crap, and only to save a couple of bucks per item. Poor OP. He/she has to go through all this the hard way.