Anybody else here suck at chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshualander

Reaction score
Chemistry is not my thing! I've been spending the last few nights testing myself on chemistry concepts from gen chem I and II as well as orgo I and the results are not what I was expecting:( I'm still in content review for another 6 weeks or so but man oh man, it certainly is discouraging when the results are going the opposite way you'd like. Anyways, while I sit here a little down in the dumps, I figured I'd give a shout out to all the other hard working students on here pursuing their dreams. Hang in there and work hard fellow pre-pods, we've got this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you try Khan Academy yet?

I’ve been using that and it has helped a lot. I think I just need to do more practice problems. I’m good with biochem problems but chem/phys seems to be a different beast.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long have you been studying?

if it's been a couple months, you definitely should take a 3rd party practice test to see where you approximately stand

how long have you been studying?

if it's been a couple months, you definitely should take a 3rd party practice test to see where you approximately stand
I’ve been doing content review for about 8 weeks or so. I’ve been doing chem for about a week and half and the rest of that time was bio and biochem. I planned on taking another two weeks to do chem review but since it needs a little extra work, I’ll add a couple weeks to my content review for chem before I move on to psych/soc. My mcat is scheduled for June 30th so I’ve got time:)

I’ve been doing content review for about 8 weeks or so. I’ve been doing chem for about a week and half and the rest of that time was bio and biochem. I planned on taking another two weeks to do chem review but since it needs a little extra work, I’ll add a couple weeks to my content review for chem before I move on to psych/soc. My mcat is scheduled for June 30th so I’ve got time:)

highly recommend taking a 3rd party diagnostic test now. it's not a great idea to aimlessly study for months

the test may underpredict your score a bit, but it will be useful so you can properly plan out the next few months. It's especially important because you want to know if your CARS (reading comp section) needs a lot of work, or a little, as it is by far the most difficult section to improve. Psych/soc however, is the easiest section to improve (it's just hundreds of easy terms to flashcard)