Anybody going to Baylor??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deciduous

ready to shed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd try to find a single soul or two out there.....but I won't hold my breath.

Members don't see this ad.

hehe.. hopefully next year for me? =) i'm applying this year.
have fun! good luck at baylor! i love the facilities and people there when i visited last time.

Boy was I surprised to see a reply to this thread. Best of luck to you!! I hope to see you next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to go to Baylor. Was it easy to get accepted?

does Baylor accept transfer students into 2nd year?

Bucky

I don't know if it was easy to get into or not. They have a breakdown of entering students for the class of 1999 on their website at tambcd.edu under the admissions section. I have a 3.3/3.4 20/18. Hope that helps.

Oh, and I am not sure about the transfer students. I think they do, under proper circumstance, but I don't know what their feelings are about out-of-state transfers. I know they don't accept a lot of out-of-state first years. :confused:

during my visit at baylor, someone in my group asked about going to another school for 1st year, then transfer back to any of the 3 schools in texas. the dean, dr. long said "i don't know about other schools like UT-Houston, but we don't accept any transfer students, there's no back door to get in easier." hmm... i am not sure... but that's what he said exactly. why don't u call the school and ask?

oh.. the reason he mentioned UT-Houston is the recruitment director from UTH said they take transfer.

I am interested in baylor, can ya give me the skinny on the school?

Good school (I'm not biased!). Their website is tambcd.edu....they're a member of the Texas A&M university health science center, after being taken over by A&M in '96. In the middle of downtown Dallas. No med. school adjacent to it. ~90 students admitted/year, give or take. Class profile for '99 class on website under admissions. I don't know about much else to say. Good luck to you. Texas schools are very exclusive when it comes to out-of-state applicants. I do know that. But they do accept a few each year, I think.

thanks for the info, I may consider applying

hey deciduous, did you also apply to the other 2 texas schools?? if so, what made u choose baylor over them? how was the interview? i heard at baylor out of the 3 people, one of them is gonna be hypercritical, is that true? =) thanks!

I just talked with Dr. Long and he said that they do not accept transfer students. Hope this helps!

I did apply to the other two schools. I chose Baylor for two reasons. Firstly, Location (of course) and secondly I really liked the school & atmosphere. If location was not an issue, I would have had a hard time deciding between Baylor & SA, but I really liked the feel at Baylor so probably would've still gone there. The interviews were okay, I think everyone just gets so nervous that they don't click with at least one of the interviewers. Different people felt differently about each interviewer when I was there (6 students per interview day at Baylor).