Anybody still not AMCAS verified?

Started by lunaire
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Finally received the magic email of verification 10 minutes ago. Exactly one month (submitted 9/25, verified 10/25).
 
i'm getting violent.. 9/19 sumbission, transcripts received in August, still sitting around "ready for review."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm getting violent.. 9/19 sumbission, transcripts received in August, still sitting around "ready for review."

Something has got to be messed up, since so many people who submitted after you are being verified. I would consider calling at this point if I were you.
 
i called yesterday... the lady told me it could take up to two more weeks. definetely did not help me, but i really didn't expect to hear anything intelligent from the other end.
 
the amcas creature gobbled up my $700 mighty quickly... please verify my application soon!
 
still no verified the waiting is making me go nutttttttttttttttttttttts
 
Fellow unverified guys/gals, make sure that the med schools that are supposed to have sent you the supplemental applications have done so! Brown sent me theirs after I emailed them, and Stanford wants me to contact them before they look into the problem. Apparently, there's some kind of glitch for this application cycle, so some med schools you designate may not have received your application AT ALL. At least email them!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what is the longest it has taken to be verified? i am working on week #6 now and i am not happy about it. i called a second time and was told my application must be in the hands of a "slower verifier" WTF does that mean?

now that i'm so damn late, will 3.7 31Q no longer cut it?
yes i am obsessing, but i have lost my mind..
 
Submitted AMCAS on Oct 15, praying for it to be verified in mid November. Shouldn't it get faster is it gets later in the cycle because less people are applying later. This AMCAS slowness is ridiculous.
 
Submitted AMCAS on Oct 15, praying for it to be verified in mid November. Shouldn't it get faster is it gets later in the cycle because less people are applying later. This AMCAS slowness is ridiculous.

I empathize. I submitted AMCAS on Oct 14th, but I think my transcripts actually came in a week later due to a screw up on my school's part. :-( I feel so behind, especially when I come on this forum where almost everyone is ahead of the game.

Hurry, AMCAS.
 
I submitted on October 9th and they received my last transcript on Oct. 17th. Is there a thread that has a list of all the schools that send in secondaries before verification? I received secondaries so far from New York MC, George Washington, UChicago, Columbia, and Boston.

I'm glad that there are other people out there that are a bit behind...I thought I was the only one! =0)

Jenny
 
Yeah, i really do feel behind as well. Sdn doesn't help nor do my premed advisors. It seems like if you are not applying in June you're late. I'm just hoping for the best. We should make a thread for applicants late (i.e. late Sept-Oct. AMCAS submissions) in the process after we get verified. I'm sure plenty of people apply in Sept/Oct for various reasons so we're not the only ones. Most Sdners are ahead of the game tho which is nervewrecking for those of us who aren't.
 
Jenny B , how long did it take for you to get something from NYMC and did u just get COlumbia's online or they mailed it..... nervous sorry:scared:
 
Funny story... I called AMCAS for a reason other than checking up on my verification process. I was adding a school 3 weeks after I had completed my application and wanted to make sure they didnt make me wait another 4-6 weeks.

Neway,The lady took one look at my application and said something seemed wrong, so she said she'd try to fix it and would call me back within 24 hours. Fifteen minutes later she called me back and said that the processing time was coming up funky on their computers for my application. So she was fast tracking my app for immediate processing. It was done 3-5 days later. All in all, i think my app was processed alittle under 4 weeks which kicked ass cuz i'm also an august mcater. On the flip side, if i didnt call, i probably would have never been processed. Whatever problem they had with my app seemed to confuse the lady... maybe it was the fact that I had accidently had 3 copies of the same transcript sent to them a week apart from one another, hahahaha.
 
Woot! AMCAS finally verified my app!!! Total time taken: exactly 5 weeks (transcript received 9/23, verified 10/30). Unfortunately, I just found out that my research advisor still have not submitted his recommendation letter yet, and he's in Chile, chillin'😡

:luck: all.
 
Jenny B , how long did it take for you to get something from NYMC and did u just get COlumbia's online or they mailed it..... nervous sorry:scared:


I got the secondary from NYMC on October 17th (easiest one ever!) and I only got something online from Columbia.
 
I'm still not AMCAS verified either 😡 😡 and it's been almost a week!!!😡 😡 😉
 
I'm still not AMCAS verified either 😡 😡 and it's been almost a week!!!😡 😡 😉

Dude, that's so not what this thread has been about. These SDNers are complaining about not being verified for over a month. That'd stress me out, too. And I'm sure it doesn't help them being on SDN on all day looking at all the interviews and acceptances people are already getting.
 
Yeah, i really do feel behind as well. Sdn doesn't help nor do my premed advisors. It seems like if you are not applying in June you're late. I'm just hoping for the best. We should make a thread for applicants late (i.e. late Sept-Oct. AMCAS submissions) in the process after we get verified. I'm sure plenty of people apply in Sept/Oct for various reasons so we're not the only ones. Most Sdners are ahead of the game tho which is nervewrecking for those of us who aren't.

good idea on starting our own thread. I submitted mine on 10/18, and i feel like i'm ridiculously late in the game. I guess sometime in november i'll get verified...wonder when i should start expecting secondaries.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good idea on starting our own thread. I submitted mine on 10/18, and i feel like i'm ridiculously late in the game. I guess sometime in november i'll get verified...wonder when i should start expecting secondaries.

Here's my post-verification secondary schedule:

Applications available before AMCAS verification: Jefferson, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, Yale, NYMC, Columbia, Boston University

Verified by AMCAS: Friday, October 13th (in the morning)

Friday, 10/13: Cornell
Monday, 10/16: Georgetown, Albert Einstein, NYU
Tuesday, 10/17: Buffalo
Wednesday, 10/18: Tufts, Mount Sinai, Harvard
Friday, 10/20: Albany
Monday, 10/23: Brown
Wednesday, 10/25: SUNY Upstate

Still waiting on Loyola's secondary, which comes via snail mail.
 
submitted 9/29, verified 10/31

5 secondaries so far, more to come hopefully.


p.s. is there any way to see your final science and non-science gpa?
 
submitted 9/29, verified 10/31

5 secondaries so far, more to come hopefully.


p.s. is there any way to see your final science and non-science gpa?

Use the "print application" function when you sign in. It will generate a pdf that has the values in a table somewhere in the middle of the app.
 
Dude, that's so not what this thread has been about. These SDNers are complaining about not being verified for over a month. That'd stress me out, too. And I'm sure it doesn't help them being on SDN on all day looking at all the interviews and acceptances people are already getting.

thanks for explaining that to me... I wasn't quite sure what the purpose of the thread was 👍
 
submitted 9/26 verified 10/31. It's interesting that amcas uses the -/+ system. My GPA is higher for amcas then tmdsas. Is this true for you guys?. Also they left out my human phys class. That increased my GPA. I'm not complaining.
 
submitted to AMCAS 9/29 : verified today 10/31

Best of luck to all the rest of you out there who are still waiting.
 
just wanted to maek sure, the 1 month --> that's from the first day you get the READY TO REVIEW, correct?
 
Submitted: 10/15
Status: Waiting to be verified since 10/26

about one month even turn around... so the times are shortening just a tad bit from the 5-6 weeks a bit back
 
how does that work?

do you only get the 'ready to review' once your transcripts arrive?

Yeah, for the first one week (10/15-10/26) it said waiting for transcripts. Once they received all of them, it changed to "waiting to be verified by an AMCAS verifier".
 
Sumitted around 9/26....still waiting.😴

So does this mean we miss the deadlines for the UC's whose deadlines are Nov. 1st???
 
The verification people tell me, in a very roundabout nonbinding way, that the last week of September is pretty much getting verified now. So all of you who were "ready to review" by then should be ok this week.
Me? I'm screwed.

Also, Oil Rig, did Stonybrook send you the secondary right away by email or is there some other process to it? I submitted 10.13 and received nothing from them.
 
according to amcas you're put in the line for verification when all your transcripts are received. the guy i spoke with said they are reaching peak processing times right around now so about 4-6 weeks. I submitted on 10/15, transcripts received by 10/26, so hopefully end of november.
 
Will it say Under Review on Amcas for a little bit right before you are verified? I am expecting to get verified any day now....I submitted 10/1. So I keep checking AMCAS to see if it says under review but it stills says ready for review. Did anybody else check AMCAS as much as I do and notice that is says under review....I thought people said that somewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The verification people tell me, in a very roundabout nonbinding way, that the last week of September is pretty much getting verified now. So all of you who were "ready to review" by then should be ok this week.
Me? I'm screwed.

Also, Oil Rig, did Stonybrook send you the secondary right away by email or is there some other process to it? I submitted 10.13 and received nothing from them.

Their application is available from this page:

http://www.stonybrookmedicalcenter.org/education/som_admissions.cfm
 
I just got verified to and am VERY stressed out. My only question to you all is HOW SCREWED ARE WE EXACTLY?🙂
 
I don't think you guys are screwed. Just make sure you get those secondaries out ASAP. Hopefully you were lucky enough to get the essay questions in advance(by searching this forum) for the schools you applied to. However, you will then run into the problem I have-which is making sure schools have your letters and process your secondaries. This has been taking awhile (going on 3 weeks now for some schools). So please, make sure those secondaries get done soon and you should be fine :luck:
 
Sumitted around 9/26....still waiting.😴

So does this mean we miss the deadlines for the UC's whose deadlines are Nov. 1st???

No, as long as AMCAS has received your application & transcript prior to that date, you're fine. Some med school also told me that they will give a deadline for the sec apps based on when they send you the invite.


Btw, for the non-rolling med schools, we're not screwed too badly... For the rest... The pessimistic part of my brain says yes, we are.