Anybody still not AMCAS verified?

Started by lunaire
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does applying this late really put you at that much of a disadvantage? how much of this is hype?
 
does applying this late really put you at that much of a disadvantage? how much of this is hype?

It is not hype at all. Look, even if you are a competative applicant (high GPA, MCAT and good ec's) your making life hard on yourself by applying late becuase most schools have been handing out acceptances for a while now. You are then left to compete for fewer seats with a large pool of applicants (you remember the supply and demand equilibrium from econ right?). Its not some rumor or wishful thinking. Its true, the sooner you get in this game the better your chances of getting accepted are.
 
does applying this late really put you at that much of a disadvantage? how much of this is hype?

Yes, it puts you at a TREMENDOUS disadvantage. Not to say that it CAN'T happen, but your chances of being accepted decrease with every day that goes by. There were people with incredible stats last year (I mean 35+ MCAT and 3.8/3.9 GPA) who applied late and didn't even get interviews!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does applying this late really put you at that much of a disadvantage? how much of this is hype?

Last year, I turned in my AMCAS October 7th, a week before the deadline, and I got two interviews, no acceptances.

This year, I turned in my AMCAS in June. I'v gotten 10 interviews and 3 acceptances already.

And my application is not significantly different (except that I graduated) between the two years.

The math is for you to do.
 
Last year, I turned in my AMCAS October 7th, a week before the deadline, and I got two interviews, no acceptances.

This year, I turned in my AMCAS in June. I'v gotten 10 interviews and 3 acceptances already.

And my application is not significantly different (except that I graduated) between the two years.

The math is for you to do.

What were your stats like and when were you complete with schools in the year when you applied late? Thanks.
 
What were your stats like and when were you complete with schools in the year when you applied late? Thanks.

34 MCAT, 3.6/3.8 GPA

I think I was complete last year at most schools by mid-November or early December, but that was a long time ago. I did jump right on my secondaries and had them in and out the door.
 
34 MCAT, 3.6/3.8 GPA

I think I was complete last year at most schools by mid-November or early December, but that was a long time ago. I did jump right on my secondaries and had them in and out the door.

ouch, i have similar stats but haven't even been verified yet
 
verified this morning 11/30, complete 10/26

mistake on my AMCAS though, so I'm back in line for another 2-3 weeks 🙄
 
Submitted 10/15, had some transcript trouble so didn't get complete until 10/23, verified 11/26- hooray, now i can get started on those deadline extensions...
 
Last year, I turned in my AMCAS October 7th, a week before the deadline, and I got two interviews, no acceptances.

This year, I turned in my AMCAS in June. I'v gotten 10 interviews and 3 acceptances already.

And my application is not significantly different (except that I graduated) between the two years.

The math is for you to do.


wow...this is depressing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
34 MCAT, 3.6/3.8 GPA

I think I was complete last year at most schools by mid-November or early December, but that was a long time ago. I did jump right on my secondaries and had them in and out the door.

did you apply to the same schools this year as last year? secondaries were out the door rapidly as in you were complete at schools right away, or were you still waiting on recommendations at some places? rolling deadlines are a mystery to me.
 
I submitted on 10/25 and my status says Transcripts Recieved. Still not verified. Should I call?

🙁
 
Last year, I turned in my AMCAS October 7th, a week before the deadline, and I got two interviews, no acceptances.

This year, I turned in my AMCAS in June. I'v gotten 10 interviews and 3 acceptances already.

And my application is not significantly different (except that I graduated) between the two years.

The math is for you to do.
Well, being older does help, lol.
 
I submitted on 10/25 and my status says Transcripts Recieved. Still not verified. Should I call?

🙁

When were your transcripts received? I think it's been taking about 1 month from ready to review and verified. If they just received your transcripts, it's going to be awhile... 🙁
 
Submitted 10/31 (transcripts already received)
Verified 12/6

Last name 'R'

Sorry to those who were in before me and still waiting.
 
What if the deadline for the secondary comes before your AMCAS is verified? What can you do?:scared:
 
What if the deadline for the secondary comes before your AMCAS is verified? What can you do?:scared:

northwestern secondary deadline was nov 15th.

i was verified nov 17th.

got my secondary on friday from northwestern. submitted today 😀
 
forgot to mention, they gave me a secondary deadline and references deadline of dec 14th.
 
Submitted 10/7/06, transcripts received 10/30/06 (wasted 3wks sorting out the mess!), verified 12/6/06. 37 days.