Anybody still not AMCAS verified?

Started by lunaire
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has everyone already written their essays for the secondaries they haven't received yet?

That was the plan. Yet somehow I'm still writing essays now. hmmm

oh and 10/16? Sounds like someones getting a verification this week.
 
Who has been checking their AMCAS more than 20 times per day? Me!!! I submitted on 10/9, transcripts received 10/16, so I'm guessing/praying I'll hear back tomorrow? Hopefully!?! Everyone else who was recently verified heard back almost exactly a month after they submitted. Has everyone already written their essays for the secondaries they haven't received yet?

I am signed on to messenger all day hoping for some email!

I submitted one secondary (Rosalind) even though I am still not verified. I am complete there! They sent me the secondary link last week and I decided to finish that one up.
 
any news out there? have the 10/15 applications been going through verification yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who has been checking their AMCAS more than 20 times per day? Me!!! I submitted on 10/9, transcripts received 10/16, so I'm guessing/praying I'll hear back tomorrow? Hopefully!?! Everyone else who was recently verified heard back almost exactly a month after they submitted. Has everyone already written their essays for the secondaries they haven't received yet?

im there with you, submited in september, last transcipt recieved 10/16. crossing my fingers for tomorrow.
 
im there with you, submited in september, last transcipt recieved 10/16. crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

I think today's the day!! Someone a few posts up was verified a month and a day after she was complete...that would be today for us!
 
friend of mine submitted 10/15, still not verified... she's making me check this thread for her, so keep the updates coming 👍
 
They must have seen an application spike between 10/13 and 10/15! No wonder no new updates over the past 2 days.
 
They must have seen an application spike between 10/13 and 10/15! No wonder no new updates over the past 2 days.

Of course, MCAT scores came out on 10/13, which is when a great number of people submitted their apps. (after they found out how competitive they were).
 
can you guys give your last name initial?
 
can you guys give your last name initial?

B. And I haven't gotten the e-mail confirmation yet from AMCAS, but on the website it says I'm verified...meaning that you should check AMCAS every five seconds.
 
verified today, but they made a mistake converting my credits at one school. submited early september, last transcipt recieved 10/16.
 
Damn, i submitted 10/19 since they are running a little over 4 weeks, i might have to wait until 11/20 or later 🙁

How soon do schools that screen send out secondaries?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, that sucks that you missed some of the November 15th secondary deadlines...

It is the date the application is submitted to AMCAS that counts. I submitted mine on Oct 15 for a Oct 15 deadline school. My application is still not verified, but it should be fine as long as AMCAS does not find too many errors in my application and returns it back for correction.
 
It is the date the application is submitted to AMCAS that counts. I submitted mine on Oct 15 for a Oct 15 deadline school. My application is still not verified, but it should be fine as long as AMCAS does not find too many errors in my application and returns it back for correction.

No, I mean that some of the secondaries have hard deadlines-like they must be submitted by November 15th. So since you can't do the secondary until after they got your primary and sent you an e-mail with the username and whatnot, you're basically locked out of some applications.

Some schools will extend the deadline if they couldn't send you the secondary until very late (for example, Cornell gives you 2 weeks from whenever they e-mail you about your secondary if it's past November 1st-although they still want your recommendations and everything else to be in by the 15th). But a lot of schools don't care and want everything in by the 15th-and if you can't fill it out you get shut out.
 
That might be a problem. But looks like schools have a list of all those who made the AMCAS deadline and are still waiting to be verified. One sent me an email saying that it will extend it. But this whole delay is making the process even more challenging than it actually is!
 
i hate this waiting. still haven't been verified. it's been to the month and one day. a friend said that last year it took 7 days for amcas to verify him and this year it took a month and 1 week. i just called amcas and the girl said that they just have a lot more applications than last year. does anyone know y? (sorry if this has already been answered and im just repeating the same question).

please advice: should i call the schools i am interested in and ask them for their secondary application deadlines so i can know whether that school is even an option for me or just wait a few more days and wait and see?
 
Boyfriend got verified today.

Submitted 10/19, transcripts way in advance,
Verified 11/21
 
Submitted 10/24, all transcripts in 10/26, verified 11/21

Looks like they have kicked the verification process into high gear. Good luck to all the rest of the late applicants!

I was suprised to see I was verified before Thanksgiving, I guess I really have something to be thankful for!
 
Complete 10/25 still nothing... but I'm glad they are getting faster
 
If you submit your app, but then later add med schools to your app, do you get moved to the back of the line?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really feel sorry for those of you who are not verified yet. I took the April MCAT, and didn't get verified till August. I feel your pain.
 
Submitted: Oct 13
Complete: Oct 20
Verified as of 3 hours ago: Nov 24

Last name Y
 
submitted Nov. 1

not yet verified, but I should be within a week or so, hopefully.

received secondaries to uasom and meharry, and complete with those.

waiting for mcw, usacom, and evms.

received secondaries for the DO schools im applying to: LECOM-B, PCOM-Ga, Nova.
 
my transcripts were received in september

submitted 10/22
still nothing

some schools (UMDNJ, RFU, USF, Cincy, NYMC) have sent me their secondaries but most haven't, should i expect a barrage of them after i get verified? Like I didn't get Meharry's even though you did, whats the deal, should i call them?
 
I submitted 10/25 and still not verified. Still hoping :luck:

I did recieve secondaries from NYMC and NJMS. Should I call Meharry and Howard? I heard they usually send secondaies right away (as soon as AMCAS is submitted) but for some reason, I did not get any from them.🙁
 
my sister submitted 10/15, transcripts in 10/21
verified today at 9:40am 11/25

So they are working through the weekend
 
my transcripts were received in september

submitted 10/22
still nothing

some schools (UMDNJ, RFU, USF, Cincy, NYMC) have sent me their secondaries but most haven't, should i expect a barrage of them after i get verified? Like I didn't get Meharry's even though you did, whats the deal, should i call them?


you could email/call them, i didnt do either and was surprised to have received one from them; however, i do a friend who was appliying to meharry for dental school and she said she got it immediately following turning in the dental application.

i was also surprised with uasom, too, until i found out they always give it out following turning in amcas.

usacom, mcw, and evms requires a hard-copy of the amcas (upon verification).

and, i guess aacomas is much faster than amcas; however, i was expecting to get a secondary from pcom-ga at the time i posted the above post, but did not yet. I did receive one from nova and lecom-bradenton (finished with nova and i have to mail in lecom-b's). i hope i get one from pcom-ga soon, i really want to go there if i cant get into an md program, although nova sounds really nice too.

EDIT: Just received my PCOM-GA secondary in the mail, yay.
 
submitted 10/15
transcripts in 10/20

verified 11/24, yayy!!!!!
exactly 5 weeks

when schools have secondary deadlines are those for the LORs also?
if any one knows anything specifically about RFU, SUNY upstate and Case please let me know. The deadlines for secondaries are Dec.1 and Dec.15, i dont think my LORs will arrive by then. Any info would be great.

All those still waiting, good luck :luck:
 
Submitted transcripts way before I submitted my primary on 10/25. Still no love, but I assume it will happen sometime this coming week or early the following week. I'm hoping its this coming week so I can have a little extra time to work on any post-verification secondaries I get...
 
submitted 10/15
transcripts in 10/20

verified 11/24, yayy!!!!!
exactly 5 weeks

when schools have secondary deadlines are those for the LORs also?
if any one knows anything specifically about RFU, SUNY upstate and Case please let me know. The deadlines for secondaries are Dec.1 and Dec.15, i dont think my LORs will arrive by then. Any info would be great.

All those still waiting, good luck :luck:
Different schools have different policies on that. Northwestern asks that the LORs get in 1 week after the secondary is due.
 
They swore 11/20 would be the day for me. It came and gone and I am still not verified. Asking for extensions from 11/15 deadline schools was a pain and I am still waiting. *shakes fist at AMCAS*
 
8/3/2006 - AMCAS receives transcript.
10/16/2006 - AMCAS submitted for review. Very late, unfortunately.
11/27/2006 - AMCAS verified.
 
Transcripts submitted in Aug
AMCAS submitted 10/25

AMCAS verified....................................TBA

:scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok so submitted AMCAS 10/15 but then my schools were slow transcripts recieved 10/26 and verfied today 11/28 now im bracing myself for the flow of secondaries not thrilled with amcas calculation of my gpa =( its low but i do go to a top 5 engineering school (US weekly) so i hope that helps some
 
ok so submitted AMCAS 10/15 but then my schools were slow transcripts recieved 10/26 and verfied today 11/28 now im bracing myself for the flow of secondaries not thrilled with amcas calculation of my gpa =( its low but i do go to a top 5 engineering school (US weekly) so i hope that helps some

sweet... I was complete 10/25, so I'm expecting mine any time now...

I just hope my GPA calculates above 3.0😡
 
yeah my gpa is a little over the 3.0, im sure u'll be done today or tomo, if it helps my last name is K.
 
10/26, still waiting. Maybe they should think about outsourcing this entire verification process next time round. Probably their current budget will let them hire, easily, a few hundred more people in a lower labor cost location.