Anybody still waiting on PCOM-GA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's about time pcom-ga got back to me! i got waitlisted...again. so that makes 3 waitlists for me so far. ahhhhh

When did you get it? Does it give your ranking?

Members don't see this ad.

it's about time pcom-ga got back to me! i got waitlisted...again. so that makes 3 waitlists for me so far. ahhhhh

Well, it is better than a rejection. I think you have a really good chance of getting off at least one of them. GOOD LUCK!!!!:luck:

thanks, i hope so too!! although if dcom let's me in after my interview this tuesday when i don't have to worry about silly wait lists:D

i just got the letter in the mail today (i'm from nc), so hopefully everybody else will hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, i hope so too!! although if dcom let's me in after my interview this tuesday when i don't have to worry about silly wait lists:D

i just got the letter in the mail today (i'm from nc), so hopefully everybody else will hear soon!

I really hope that it works out at DCOM! BEST OF LUCK!!!:) :love: :luck:

I live in Knoxville and I have not heard a thing today. Congrats, and have no worries about DCOM! I know they will love you.

Sorry to hear about the waitlist:(...but atleast you know now! I'm sure you will kick A$$ on your DCOM interview...good luck:luck:

I'm in Atlanta and I havent heard anything:mad: :mad: Maybe i will get something in mail next week!!!

thanks for all the support!!:D keep me posted whenever you guys hear from them!!

got the infamous waitlist letter today:eek:

got the infamous waitlist letter today:eek:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? Ok, I need to calm down. Please tell me you are kidding. That just sucks big time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish I was kidding!!! Got the letter yesterday...had to go pick it up last night. I dont even feel like coming to class today or care for the test on thursday!!!! Am I the only one who got the letter???

I wish I was kidding!!! Got the letter yesterday...had to go pick it up last night. I dont even feel like coming to class today or care for the test on thursday!!!! Am I the only one who got the letter???

No lala got it a few days ago. Things will work out. ;) G'luck :luck:

mbp1608, when did you interview? I had mine on 3/22 and I'm just trying to get an idea of how long they take to respond.

-Redox

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the waitlist letter today also. Seems like everyone on hold got waitlisted. How about lauren, we haven't heard from her lately?

did you guys all think it was the nicest waitlist letter you had received? i've gotten 2 other waitlist letters from other schools, but this one sounded the most optimistic. has anyone called in to see if they could find out what their rank was?

just received the waitlist letter. i seriously can't believe i only applied to one school when my MCAT scores expire for the next round of apps... no rank known yet. good luck to everyone - waitlisted or accepted elsewhere!

mbp1608, when did you interview? I had mine on 3/22 and I'm just trying to get an idea of how long they take to respond.

-Redox

I interviewed 2/19! I'm a biomed though...so they were waiting for all biomeds to finish interviewing before they let any of us know anything. My letter was postmarked 4/6.

Is it just me, or are they waitlisting everyone??? I know of only one person that has gotten in from our biomed class thus far:eek:

did you guys all think it was the nicest waitlist letter you had received? i've gotten 2 other waitlist letters from other schools, but this one sounded the most optimistic. has anyone called in to see if they could find out what their rank was?

I haven't read any other waitlist letters, but it was optimistic..leading you to believe that you will get in! I've been hearing around the school that there are 2 waitlists....one for biomeds and one for everyone else...take it with grain of salt though. We hear lot of rumors around this place:rolleyes:

Hopefully we will hear some better news after that April 15th deadline :)

is april 15 their last day of interviews too?

I thought they were done interviewing at this point???

oh, even better! i didn't know if they were finished since i know other schools have a couple more weeks of interviews left. oh well, better for us:D

i tried calling aisha, but she wasn't there. i wanted to ask if we could find out our rank on the list/how many people were on the waitlist/whether they had any spots left. i'll keep trying, but if anybody gets through to her in the meantime, could you let us know?

Here is what my letter said:

We have experienced a 20% increase in applicants for the fall 2007 entering class. Throughout the interview process, it has been apparent that the interest in PCOM-GA as a first choice for medical school has increased as well.

At this time, the Faculty Commitee on Admissions is not able to offer you a seat in the class and has placed your name on the Wait List. You will be notified immediately should yo be selected to fill a vacancy that may arise between now and the beginning of classes in August.

Please return the enclosed......

Please be advised.....$$$

We are hopeful that we will have a place for you in the Class of 2011 and appreciate your continued interest in PCOM and in the osteopathic profession.

Love and Kisses from your biggest fan,

Dr. E

Oh, sorry the above salutation is reserved only for those accepted. :lol:

i tried calling aisha, but she wasn't there. i wanted to ask if we could find out our rank on the list/how many people were on the waitlist/whether they had any spots left. i'll keep trying, but if anybody gets through to her in the meantime, could you let us know?

I don't think they can rank it until the deposit deadline has passed on April 15. So probably early next week. That also means however that some may get pulled from the waitlist as early as next week. :luck:

Here is what my letter said:

We are hopeful that we will have a place for you in the Class of 2011 and appreciate your continued interest in PCOM and in the osteopathic profession.

Love and Kisses from your biggest fan,

Dr. E

Oh, sorry the above salutation is reserved only for those accepted. :lol:

LMAO :laugh: :bow:

haha!:laugh: yeah that's the same letter i got.
okay so fingers/toes crossed for next week then!

Deposit deadline has passed...but you can't physically hold your breath! Everyone chill, people will start hearing soon. :)

Let's hope, we all hear by the end of this week :D :D

yeah hopefully!!:luck:

heard (from 2 different sources) that letters were sent out today.
i dont know if it's only for biomeds, just know that they were sent out today and we should know either this week or next week. :confused:

we'll see....

heard (from 2 different sources) that letters were sent out today.
i dont know if it's only for biomeds, just know that they were sent out today and we should know either this week or next week. :confused:

we'll see....

I hope you're right! Were these reliable sources? There have been A LOT of rumors about these letters for about 3 months now. I check my mail everyday expecting to hear something, and still nothing. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! :luck:

yeah i never know who to believe when it comes to pcom-ga now. keep us posted if you hear!

good luck guys, hope you hear good news soon :)

hah, yes, there have been a lot of rumors going around the biomed class buuut i personally think they are somewhat reliable sources. i def think we'll be getting something this/next week.

good luck!

anybody know any waitlist info?? how many seats opened up...etc?? Im sure we will hear something before the exam tonight...maybe

ahhh....I love biomed rumors :smuggrin:

Anybody hear anything? :oops:

Several biomeds got acceptance letters today. They supposedly were mailed out on Tuesday, so some of us didn't get them yet. Hopefully we all will get good news soon. :) :luck:

darn it, i KNEW i should've chosen to go to pcom-ga for my post-bacc!

darn it, i KNEW i should've chosen to go to pcom-ga for my post-bacc!

where did you go? I don't know how much it will really help us, since we did have to interview late (after almost 2 semesters) we kind of ended up with less chance I think.

where did you go? I don't know how much it will really help us, since we did have to interview late (after almost 2 semesters) we kind of ended up with less chance I think.

I think that if they take you into the post bac program and you are wanting to go to the med school, they should automatically take you. I mean you would have to keep a min. gpa, but other than that, you should be assured of a spot. :thumbup:

i'm at virginia commonwealth's som post-bacc program, but i had applied and gotten into pcom-ga's. i was just a little wary at the time since it was the first year they had ever had such a program.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of Virginia's program? Did you apply to med school there?

No word for me yet. :mad:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of Virginia's program? Did you apply to med school there?

No word for me yet. :mad:

the program here is pretty tough, but i'm just hoping it prepares me well for medschool. i initially sent out my primaries to both osteopathic and allopathic shools, but i didn't send secondaries to any of the MD schools b/c i had decided i only wanted to go DO. a lot of my friends here applied and none of them have gotten in yet. it seems like some of these schools with post baccs don't really value their own students that are in the program as much as i think they should.

...and no word from pcom-ga here yet.

Has anyone called and found out how many are on the list or when the list started to move last year?

no i didn't ask about that. i asked aisha if we could find out what rank we are and she said they weren't allowed to give that info out. but i didn't ask how many people were on it.

no i didn't ask about that. i asked aisha if we could find out what rank we are and she said they weren't allowed to give that info out. but i didn't ask how many people were on it.

poo :(