Anybody still waiting on PCOM-GA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the letter today....I'm IN!!!!:love:

Hang in there guys....its not over till its over!!! Good luck to all of you :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

congrats, me too! :D :D

i know some people got wait list letters (even if they got them before), so good luck!!! i think people have a good chance of getting in, you always hear those stories about people getting in last minute/after school has started.

GL! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, congrats, congrats! I am sooooo excited for you all. I hope there are more spots opening soon!

Congratulations to those who have gotten in. I know it has been a long hard wait. For those still waiting, I do hope you hear some good news soon.

I will be starting in August. TO help facilitate some communication amongst us, I have set up a yahoo group : GA-PCOM2011
Everyone is welcome to join. The more the merrier.

Marcia

congrats guys!!!!! i'm sure it's such a relief!

i was just curious if all of you guys live in/near georgia...i was just wondering if i should be holding my breath for a letter in the next few days or not.

congrats guys!!!!! i'm sure it's such a relief!

i was just curious if all of you guys live in/near georgia...i was just wondering if i should be holding my breath for a letter in the next few days or not.

yea they do, mbp and curiousg are both biomeds at ga-pcom, so they are in a different pool of applicants. hopefully you guys will hear soon, just dont stalk the mailman bc biomeds are hearing now. good luck!!!

But it does mean that there are openings in the class! Frankly, I am still going to be holding my breath today. :hungover: When the biomeds got their waitlist letters, I got mine the next day. :idea: Maybe that's a trend...they got acceptances yesterday, so I will get one today -right? :laugh:

i don't know WHAT to think anymore!

stop stalking the mailman?! it's going to be extremely difficult to break that habit....

Nothing today. Poo!

Lala, again I'm really sorry about DCOM. Email Dr. Leo another letter of intent and tell them how much you love all of us and can't bear to not go! Just don't say you like opera :laugh:

hi guys! for those of you still waiting, keep holding out! i am waiting on NYCOM, and i too stalk the mailman everyday! i always check in on this thread too to see how the wait is going for others :) congrats to those who got the good news! and lots of luck to those still waiting. :luck:

Thanks for the support guys :)

And I agree.....don't give up!!!! In last yr's class, the last person was admitted 2 days after classes had started!!!

I hope you guys hear soon :luck: GL :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

And I agree.....don't give up!!!! In last yr's class, the last person was admitted 2 days after classes had started!!!

Do you know how many were pulled off the waitlist last year? How many are on the waitlist this year? And if they offer all those waitlisted deferments for next year -if they want them?

Though I have been accepted at another school, there are a couple who are waitlisted at several schools, so a deferment is as good as in because then they could take a year off and play!

I would love to be the newbie who enters med school 2 days behind, all knowing the amount of material already covered just to spite you.

That is simply pathetic. If anything, it should be the 1st day of class as the final cut-off. Totally disorganized, this school is.

Do you know how many were pulled off the waitlist last year? How many are on the waitlist this year? And if they offer all those waitlisted deferments for next year -if they want them?

Though I have been accepted at another school, there are a couple who are waitlisted at several schools, so a deferment is as good as in because then they could take a year off and play!

it would be greatttt if anybody had this info!
p.s.- welcome back dr. inviz!

it would be greatttt if anybody had this info!
p.s.- welcome back dr. inviz!

Thank you.

Sorry about the recent DCOM news. Keep in touch with them. Another LOI to Dr. Leo. Did they receive your post-interview LOI?

I would love to be the newbie who enters med school 2 days behind, all knowing the amount of material already covered just to spite you.

That is simply pathetic. If anything, it should be the 1st day of class as the final cut-off. Totally disorganized, this school is.

Inviz--

You mean to say if your top school offered you a spot 2 days after classes started, and you hadn't matriculated elsewhere, you wouldn't be thrilled to start? Give me a break...and stop being so bitter about everything!

Dr. I ,

All schools have that situation, someone drops out or gets pulled to their top choice suddenly leaving a spot open. The school then needs to make the decision, do we let that one spot go to waste (which will have a trickle down effect all the way to the patients) or do we see if there is someone will to catch up. Really if the class is good, they will find a way to help them out.

As an example, many moons ago Georgetown lost a student becuase on the first day of anatomy, they fainted, hit their head on the table, and realized they couldn't do it. Wala, second day of classes new student was willing to take their spot.

I am not sure what your beef is with PCOM-GA specifically, but considering they are new,etc I think they are doing the best they can to do right by the students and be fair.

I can't even begin to tell you some of the stories I have heard or experienced myself with adminstrations of other schools. :eek:
Just my 2 Cents. take it or leave it.

I actually dont know how the waitlist is looking this year besides the fact that biomeds are probably on the top of the waitlist (don't know how many). From what I've heard, last year's waitlist had minimal movement. Sorry, maybe someone else has more concrete info on this. I've not heard of any waitlist deferments for next yr either. They might just advice waitlisters to enter thier biomed program for a yr...I know they did this last year!

P.S--marciah---well put :thumbup: . Its tough to start med school 2 days later than everyone...but I would do it in a heartbeat if it was my top choice.

I actually dont know how the waitlist is looking this year besides the fact that biomeds are probably on the top of the waitlist (don't know how many). From what I've heard, last year's waitlist had minimal movement. Sorry, maybe someone else has more concrete info on this. I've not heard of any waitlist deferments for next yr either. They might just advice waitlisters to enter thier biomed program for a yr...I know they did this last year!

P.S--marciah---well put :thumbup: . Its tough to start med school 2 days later than everyone...but I would do it in a heartbeat if it was my top choice.

My interviewers said I would be accepted or deferred -but I'm not sure if this is true or not.

My interviewers said I would be accepted or deferred -but I'm not sure if this is true or not.

did you contact your interviewers recently by email or phone? or did they say this to you on interview day?

did you contact your interviewers recently by email or phone? or did they say this to you on interview day?

I wish I could contact them, I would kick their butts! HaHa. They told me on the interview day.

Dr. I ,

All schools have that situation, someone drops out or gets pulled to their top choice suddenly leaving a spot open. The school then needs to make the decision, do we let that one spot go to waste (which will have a trickle down effect all the way to the patients) or do we see if there is someone will to catch up. Really if the class is good, they will find a way to help them out.

As an example, many moons ago Georgetown lost a student becuase on the first day of anatomy, they fainted, hit their head on the table, and realized they couldn't do it. Wala, second day of classes new student was willing to take their spot.

I am not sure what your beef is with PCOM-GA specifically, but considering they are new,etc I think they are doing the best they can to do right by the students and be fair.

I can't even begin to tell you some of the stories I have heard or experienced myself with adminstrations of other schools. :eek:
Just my 2 Cents. take it or leave it.

I agree...every school has/had this situation at some point. It's a normal part of any organization that has to rely on "expected attendance"

DCOM, the school I hope to attend, and the school Inviz is supposedly attending this fall, even says that it will pull people from the alternate list "through the first week of August, 2007"....funny thing is, classes start August 1, 2007 at DCOM.

Now why is it that Inviz would choose to attend a school that is willing to accept students after classes had already started? After all, clearly the school is unorganized if it has such a policy?:rolleyes: :sleep: :rolleyes:

The answer is clear why Inviz is attending DCOM, and why he posts the things he does: his hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I agree...every school has/had this situation at some point. It's a normal part of any organization that has to rely on "expected attendance"

DCOM, the school I hope to attend, and the school Inviz is supposedly attending this fall, even says that it will pull people from the alternate list "through the first week of August, 2007"....funny thing is, classes start August 1, 2007 at DCOM.

Now why is it that Inviz would choose to attend a school that is willing to accept students after classes had already started? After all, clearly the school is unorganized if it has such a policy?:rolleyes: :sleep: :rolleyes:

The answer is clear why Inviz is attending DCOM, and why he posts the things he does: his hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Orientation is on Aug. 1st, it's okay though, I wouldn't expect you to know this given that you haven't been accepted yet. :laugh:

the waitlist last yr did not move at all, i think only 2 people got in off of it and that was in august. however, they do say that last yr was an abnormal yr and this yr there will be much more movement. I dont know the size of the waitlist this yr but there are a handful of biomeds at the top of it. the previous yr though apparently over 40% were from the waitlist. I'm pretty sure they do not do waitlist deferments...I was on the waitlist last yr and they told me to do the biomed program and reapply like mbp said.

I finally got accepted today!!!! :D Good luck to all those still waiting. :luck:

congrats!!!!!:D

are you a biomed student?

congrats!!!!!:D

are you a biomed student?

Thanks! Yes, I am currently a biomed student. Only 3 more weeks to go!!! By the way, thanks for answering the question for me Dr I. :rolleyes:
I think there are somewhere around 3-5 biomeds still on the waitlist. I'm not really sure. I know that some have been rejected already.

Thanks! Yes, I am currently a biomed student. Only 3 more weeks to go!!! By the way, thanks for answering the question for me Dr I. :rolleyes:
I think there are somewhere around 3-5 biomeds still on the waitlist. I'm not really sure. I know that some have been rejected already.

Get over yourself Ms. biomed ...

Are they getting rejected off the waitlist? :confused:

I figure once the biomeds get pulled off the waitlist, they will dip into the other waitlist...

Thanks for answering so fast! :)

Are they getting rejected of the waitlist? :confused:

I figure once the biomeds get pulled off the waitlist, they will dip into the other waitlist...

I think a few were rejected, not waitlisted to begin with. I agree with you. I think there will be more movement from the waitlist this year. Good luck! :luck: Would love to have you in Atlanta. Are you still planning on going to DCOM?

I think a few were rejected, not waitlisted to begin with. There are still a few biomeds waitlisted. I agree with you. I think there will be more movement from the waitlist this year. Good luck! :luck: Would love to have you in Atlanta. Are you still planning on going to DCOM?

PCOM-GA is my first choice. I love DCOM (staff, sim man, woman & infant, cirriculum), but PCOM-GA would be the best fit for my family and me. I love the relaxed atmosphere and the rotation sites. And I already know Dr. Pifer would be my fav Prof! :) Plus I love that I could possibly do my residency in Atlanta -Peds.

I have a daughter who is an elite gymnast and she really needs to be in Atlanta to have any real chance at the 2012 olympics. Also, the living arrangements at DCOM are difficult because you have to choose to either live close to the school, close to the rotation sites, live in the middle, or move after 2 years. With four children that is really difficult.

So, for now we are focusing on DCOM. Once we get our house on the market we will have to start finalizing plans. I can't up and move last minute b/c of my family. So if we receive an offer on our house and I still haven't heard from PCOM-GA, I will pull my name off the list. :(

Are they getting rejected off the waitlist? :confused:

i'm waiting for the same to happen! i really do hope you hear soon so you can make a final decision. i can't imagine having to take kids and a husband into account when choosing a medical school and what's best for everyone. it already seems hard enough with everything else involved.

hey sam, congrats! glad to hear you have been accepted :)

I know it has been a difficult wait for you, but it paid off!
See you in August!
Marcia

PS join the yahoo group: ga-pcom2011