Anyone accepted from UC Davis yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Patiently Waiting

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in finding out how many applicants have received acceptance from UCD so far. When I got an email from the school notifying me that I'm placed in the acceptable pool, I called Terri to see if UCD's been placing almost all of their "early" interviewees in this category. She said, the school's been definitely accepting and rejecting folks. As far as I know, I haven't heard much about the acceptance from anyone yet; instead, what I've been hearing is that UCD's been rejecting their interviewees left and right. Am I mistaken?
 
i am alum at davis. at least you got an "acceptable this or that". i was placed in the reconsideration pool which means they will decide on me after they interview everybody. i have posted on this subject before asking people about Davis acceptances. looks like you might have gotten accepted. i will probably be withdrawing my application soon. good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't realize there was another posting about the UCD post-interview status....d'oh. BTW,I re-read Terri's email...I must have lost my mind cuz mine also said I'm under reconsideration and they won't rank people til they interview everyone. 🙁 I translated the word "reconsideraton" = "hold" = "acceptable" since it's definitely not a rejection. In any rate, thanks for your input.
 
I believe that UC Davis is the furthest behind of all the UCs. I just got an interview last week from them.

I would hold the faith!! It will come (hopefully before the summer 🙂 )
 
25 peeps have been offered acceptances to UC Davis thus far. I was there recently for an interivew and this is what they told interviewees. they're pretty selective; you have to be approved by two comittees to get an offer of acceptance.
 
I'm interviewing at UCD on Jan 22. So is UCD on non-rolling admissions?
 
UCD is rolling and they were quick to start interviews i think (earlier than other UCs???). so i guess i wasn't one of the special 25. i'm in the "reconsideration pool" which irritates me because i was a true aggie when i went there for undergrad. grrrrrrrrr oh well, i will be withdrawing soon from UCD anyways.
 
Yeah...I was placed in that darn "reconsideration pool" as well. I have no idea what that means...good, bad? Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait for a couple more months.
 
They are on a rolling admissions basis, but they started interviewing at least two to three weeks after some of the other UCs (like San Diego). I believe they were the last UC to begin interviewing.