Anyone accepted into dental school with 18 AA??

Started by Cassy99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cassy99

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting into dental school with 18AA and 3.91 GPA?? Please share your story or someone whom you know that got in with this score. Also, list some dental schools that I might have chances of getting into this cycle. Please share your advice on what I should do??
 
Hi,
I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting into dental school with 18AA and 3.91 GPA?? Please share your story or someone whom you know that got in with this score. Also, list some dental schools that I might have chances of getting into this cycle. Please share your advice on what I should do??
Yes I have known students with those stats, but a lot depends on where you are applying. Can you give down a breakdown of all your scores, that would be more helpful and what is your science GPA? Your overall GPA is excellent, I am surprised you did not score higher on the DAT exam. Are you a traditional student?

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer
 
Yes I have known students with those stats, but a lot depends on where you are applying. Can you give down a breakdown of all your scores, that would be more helpful and what is your science GPA? Your overall GPA is excellent, I am surprised you did not score higher on the DAT exam. Are you a traditional student?

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer
PA: 16
QR: 20
Reading: 17
Biology: 18
Gen chem: 20
OCHEM: 17
Total sciences: 18
AA: 18
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting into dental school with 18AA and 3.91 GPA?? Please share your story or someone whom you know that got in with this score. Also, list some dental schools that I might have chances of getting into this cycle. Please share your advice on what I should do??
It’s possible. But best case scenario just retake the DAT. You have a high GPA so assuming you have the academic chops. Maybe just didn’t have enough time to study that first round.

Give it a solid few weeks and retake. May get you into a state school that could literally save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
 
It’s possible. But best case scenario just retake the DAT. You have a high GPA so assuming you have the academic chops. Maybe just didn’t have enough time to study that first round.

Give it a solid few weeks and retake. May get you into a state school that could literally save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Great advice, and I agree with a 3.9GPA a student should be able to score much higher on the DAT. And with that high GPA and high DAT scores many many schools will be possible for interviews.

Nancy
 
It’s possible. But best case scenario just retake the DAT. You have a high GPA so assuming you have the academic chops. Maybe just didn’t have enough time to study that first round.

Give it a solid few weeks and retake. May get you into a state school that could literally save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Thank you.
 
Thank you for your advice and I am sorry, but what do you mean by IS (school dependent) and OOS private?? I never heard that before so could you please explain a bit more.
IS = in-state dental schools
OOS private = private out-of-state schools

i also know someone who got into a dental school with 18 so yeah. you got a shot