anyone accepted to MERCER w/ really low PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neopentane

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
plsss do share if u got accepted/interviewed there and had a PCAT btw 60-70

Members don't see this ad.

i got in with a 59 and i know at least a dozen of other people that got in with scores below 70. Not sure about Mercer though

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldnt of said it better myself Kellybean. I guess pertending to be a famous baseball player is part of building that personality.

I personally don't know anyone who got in with a score lower than 70. Mercer looks for the entire package. I had a friend with 97PCAT, 1 year chem TA but no pharm experience and guess what, he got rejected! The year after that, he got some tech experiences and got in. So if your pcat score is not that impressive, you really need to work hard on your interview day to impress MErcer. Remember that for MErcer, you'll be scored by every single person you see on the interview day. If you need help with MErcer interivew,PM me and I'll give you hints. By the way, I get accepted to Mercer starting this Fall 2007 (got the YES letter 2 weeks after the interview)

Bary Bonds you hear that 97 and got rejected hope your cring now.

I just got rejected from Mercer with no interview. :(
3.7 GPA/70 PCAT/3 years nuclear pharmacy

I personally don't know anyone who got in with a score lower than 70. Mercer looks for the entire package. I had a friend with 97PCAT, 1 year chem TA but no pharm experience and guess what, he got rejected! The year after that, he got some tech experiences and got in. So if your pcat score is not that impressive, you really need to work hard on your interview day to impress MErcer. Remember that for MErcer, you'll be scored by every single person you see on the interview day. If you need help with MErcer interivew,PM me and I'll give you hints. By the way, I get accepted to Mercer starting this Fall 2007 (got the YES letter 2 weeks after the interview)

Agreed that the interview is extremely important and that you have to impress everyone. I thought I didn't have a chance since I have absolutely no work experience, minimal extracurriculars, and my GPA is a 3.65 (good but not stellar), and 99% on the PCAT. Mercer's website mentioned how over 90% of their students had previous work experience. I busted my butt so hard during my interview. Prepare tons of questions ahead of time. Every single person will ask you if you have any questions and if you don't have any, you won't have anything to talk about. From 1pm to 4pm I made sure I was talking to someone at any moment.

If the interview process could help me with the fact I've never set foot in a pharmacy it'll help you with your PCAT. I can't emphasize it enough, prepare questions. If there's a circle of people talking, don't just stand there, speak up and get yourself involved.

I haven't received an interview or a rejection yet. I did get a letter saying they wanted to see another PCAT and I got an 85. But, I didn't retake the test. I've been accepted at NOVA, but I'd like to get into Mercer or South b/c it's closer.

Average for Class of 2010 was 82. They didn't give us a specific breakdown or highs/lows on that stat.

I'll just second what was said above. There certainly isn't one "typical" Mercer student, but I realized after I started school there that the school places a pretty high value on students and faculty who are congenial, interesting to talk to, good to work with, friendly, etc. It makes for a very nice atmosphere to attend school in. Also, it's the South, so polite behavior goes a long way!!

Hello,

I just received a letter from Mercer stating that they cant make a decision rite now and that they need some more time regarding my application and that they will seriously consider my application and let me know of the decision soon. Soo i dont know if its good or bad...I m hoping I get in cuz it has a gr8 program...and its a gr8 university...so lets see!!!!:(

Hi!!! Congratulations on your acceptance to Mercer :)
I just received my letter from Mercer to interview on MArch 30th... I have lots of questions to ask u... Can i ask directly from here or can I contact through email... Thank you so much