SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone apply to the PBP at Baylor College of Dentistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Drill2Fill, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe 5+ Year Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Tejas
    Just wondering if any body applied for the Post Baccalaureate Program at Baylor. I'm trying to get finish with the application, and wanted to see what other students thought of it.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. TexDDS

TexDDS 5+ Year Member

Jan 26, 2007
    My friend applied. The only thing he was unsure of was if his county of origin is in the lowest 10% of the nation. The table used for this information was limited.

All that are applying, did Baylor send you the application on their own accord or did you have to request it?

4. Drill2Fill

Mar 20, 2006
    Tejas
    I had to request one.

5. ddsjess

ddsjess

Feb 6, 2007
    Im actually in the Baylor Post Bac program right now. I have nothing but good things to say about it. You get great experience and you really get to know the dental school inside and out. I feel like I am really prepared to enter dental school this fall. As far as post bac programs go this one is great, I mean you get a nice stipend to do what youd probably be doing anyway if you didnt get accepted this cycle , which is take more science classes and improve that DAT score. Plus you wolnt have to bother with the application cycle next year cause youre automatically accepted. If you have specific questions about it lemme know I'll be happy to share what i know.

6. sanah

sanah 5+ Year Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Does anyone have a link for this? I tried looking for one, but I couldn't find it. Sounds kinda interesting...

7. darksky

darksky 2+ Year Member

Feb 22, 2007
    does this program only accept minority students ??

8. Drill2Fill

Mar 20, 2006
    Tejas
    I believe so.

9. TexDDS

TexDDS 5+ Year Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Did you apply to Baylor for the 06-07 cycle?

10. ddsjess

ddsjess

Feb 6, 2007
    I'm pretty sure they accept non minority students also. You just have to fufill some of the criteria like coming from economically disadvantaged background or an underserved area. I think last years post bac had 2 or 3 non minority students.

11. ddsjess

ddsjess

Feb 6, 2007
    http://bcd.tamhsc.edu/stddev/postbac/postbac.html

There is info at the bottom of the page for requesting an application, you should probably call ASAP. Good Luck