Anyone Applying To MCG Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beatnik10884

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there! anyone applying to MCG, if so, how was your application process?The interviews? Your stats? Major? School you attended?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, Ive already sent my application in. Cross my fingers I get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me! Still haven't sent in my app but will within the next couple of weeks.

Stats:

Degree: Electrical Engineering, Georgia Tech
GPA: 3.25 overall, 3.74 BCP
DAT: 21 AA, 21 PAT

Good luck and hope to see you guys there!

Im actually an industrial engineering major at GATech, DrTacoElf, are you a GA resident?

i probably will just cuz i live in GA..but my gpa is a 3.02 so if i don't do real well on the DAT i think my chance of getting in is zilch

Nice to see another one on here. :) I assume you're graduating this spring... Congrats on making it through. I'm class of '99... Good luck in the app process and hope to see you in Augusta!

ps. I heard from an MCG admissions officer that they like us Tech grads, so don't sweat it too much. :cool:

MitchSE-R said:
i probably will just cuz i live in GA..but my gpa is a 3.02 so if i don't do real well on the DAT i think my chance of getting in is zilch

Dude, their avg DAT score is around 17. DAT score of 18 or so would be suffice to get an interview spot. I think your personality and your commitment to the profession are far more important if you are offered an interview.

Good luck.

jjdaddy said:
Dude, their avg DAT score is around 17. DAT score of 18 or so would be suffice to get an interview spot. I think your personality and your commitment to the profession are far more important if you are offered an interview.

Good luck.

thanks for the boost of confidence! i just really hope i nail the DAT..i've been studying a ton so it should pay off..it would be nice to be able to go there cuz it would cost like 1/4 of what a private school would know what i mean?

Yeah, I definately give props to anyone who has made it through this college. (Definately doesnt help your GPA) Dr.TacoElf, you go to school around here to?

shahz2fly said:
Yeah, I definately give props to anyone who has made it through this college. (Definately doesnt help your GPA) Dr.TacoElf, you go to school around here to?

no i just work at tech...
i graduated from another school last year.

DrTacoElf said:
no i just work at tech...
i graduated from another school last year.

just out of curiosity what school? also where did u take the DAT? im taking mine at the one on windy hill rd. have u heard anything about it?

MitchSE- also where did u take the DAT? im taking mine at the one on windy hill rd. have u heard anything about it?[/QUOTE said:
took mine at peachtree dunwoody center

Did you hear that the Medical College of Georgia requires you to collect about 200 teeth :eek:

collect 200 teeth? que? lol i dont' understand...am i supposed to dress up as the tooth fairy and sneek into peoples' houses and steal kids' teeth? or what? and why? where did u hear this?

MitchSE-R said:
collect 200 teeth? que? lol i dont' understand...am i supposed to dress up as the tooth fairy and sneek into peoples' houses and steal kids' teeth? or what? and why? where did u hear this?

Well, most dental schools require you to collect some teeth. You're going to work on those before you get to drill a tooth in a real person! I think there is a thread about collecting teeth in this forum. Check that out.

However, I do not think 200 is the right number. Isn't it more like 40? *shrug* Can someone from MCG confirm this?

jjdaddy said:
Well, most dental schools require you to collect some teeth. You're going to work on those before you get to drill a tooth in a real person! I think there is a thread about collecting teeth in this forum. Check that out.

However, I do not think 200 is the right number. Isn't it more like 40? *shrug* Can someone from MCG confirm this?

I sure hope so :D, an old post on here said 200, maybe the person was kidding. :laugh: