Anyone attending/accepted to these schools, could we talk? Trying to see if the schools are good fit for me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vigamusa

Reaction score
Hello!

If you are from any of these schools, could you shoot me a DM? Trying to see which university I would fit in the best with!

LSU NOLA
LSU Shreveport
Tulane
Baylor
UW-Madison
MCW
University of Tennessee
University of Miami
University of Colorado
University of VermontVirginia Commonwealth University, and Sidney Kimmel

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Considering 6 in 10 applicants don’t get any acceptances and a strong majority of those accepted only get a single acceptance, this is a question that is better asked once you have an acceptance in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Considering 6 in 10 applicants don’t get any acceptances and a strong majority of those accepted only get a single acceptance, this is a question that is better asked once you have an acceptance in hand.
I was asking for application purposed before wasting my time and money if I wouldn't fit into the program lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you willing to live in those cities? And pay their tuition rates?

In my opinion, the opinion of others about schools is fairly meaningless, since they are not you. Schools change rapidly, so only the opinion of current/recent grads is all that relevant. And you need the opinion of multiple (20-40?) students to get a somewhat decent dataset. Otherwise the few opinions you get could actually skew you away from programs you should be considering. SDNers are also not representative of the average student at most med schools.

Apply broadly. Interview and make as personal and informed of a decision as you can make. Then become a doctor, and make friends along the way.

Reactions: 5 users
I was asking for application purposed before wasting my time and money if I wouldn't fit into the program lol
If looking to save money, Baylor and Wisconsin have very low out ofmstste acceptance rates compared to most.

Reactions: 1 user
Read each school's MSAR page and go to each school's website and inform yourself on their mission, history, and goals. If you align with them, then educate yourself on the city/area. Can you see yourself living there? Do you like the metro area or are you more suburban, or perhaps rural? How is public transport? What is the cost of living?

You can also try visiting the past school threads for each school and see if current students have commented about their time at the school.

Saving time and money in the medical school application process?
That's a luxury few people have my friend lol
If you want that acceptance then you better get ready to spend the time and the money cuz it's not a process that favors the applicant

Reactions: 2 users
Hello!

If you are from any of these schools, could you shoot me a DM? Trying to see which university I would fit in the best with!

LSU NOLA
LSU Shreveport
Tulane
Baylor
UW-Madison
MCW
University of Tennessee
University of Miami
University of Colorado
University of VermontVirginia Commonwealth University, and Sidney Kimmel
This is kind of a wide range of ranked schools... you can search these schools on SDN and find posts from current/former students that could help answer some of your questions. Make a solid school list and apply where your stats are appropriate. Worry about the rest post interview/when you get accepted. Don’t apply somewhere you don’t want to live. There’s a lot you can find online about the locations/schools.