Anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got off the PCOM-GA waitlist last week, so there is still hope for everyone! good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Mike.

Still waiting to hear from them myself. The "word" from the inside is that I will get in, but as soon as I get a letter saying that, I won't trust anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thantis you said:
Still waiting to hear from them myself. The "word" from the inside is that I will get in, but as soon as I get a letter saying that, I won't trust anything yet.

Is there a special someone to contact to find out your status? We need to know our chances too.

Be very careful listening to those "words". When I applied, I was told by the admissions dean of my #1 choice that I was at the top of the waitilist and would definitely get in by early summer (she had a reputation of being very honest and was telling people there was virtually no hope if they were lower on the list). End of May came around, and she was dumbfounded at the lack of waitlist movement. June and only 5 people had come off the list. That year only 8 people were pulled when the average was usually 30 or so. And I didn't get off the list.

Be very very careful listening to that "word from the inside" and as hard as it is... just wait.

bump... still waiting for nycom wait list to move

Anyone hear anything from MSUCOM????

Is it me or is this years wait list moving a lot slower than years past? I know nycom, western, umdnj, dmu has yet to move

bumps are bad for my suspensions ;) anyways, i officially pulled my seat from Nova so for those who are waiting to get in, good luck. I'm officially headed towards TouroNY now!!!

Out of curiosity, why would you choose TouroNY over NOVA? You plan go to a school with practically no reputation... Granted Touro is well known but the NY school isnt... You dont even know how the students will do on the boards which in part, is a reflection of the program/ academic curriculum/ teaching staff, etc at Touro NY... Please dont take this as me being judgemental, I am seriously curious of your reasoning.... I was in a similar position but decided to go with a school that had more of a substantial reputation over Touro NY. My thought was that the reputation, well established curriculum, in addition my board scores would help with residency placement. Any thoughts?

It seems that in general waitlists the past two years have moved more slowly than before. Perhaps it has something to do with the increasing number of applicants? Just pure speculation on my part.

It seems that in general waitlists the past two years have moved more slowly than before. Perhaps it has something to do with the increasing number of applicants? Just pure speculation on my part.

yea even last year, it seemed to move more (from the post's i searched). From your experience does the wait list process speed up during late june and july. Or is it usually the same pace as it is now, which is some are hearing but mostly it is quiet?

BTW; I know i asked this before, any other NYCOM withdrawals?

Hard to say. Generally yes, june is about the best month for movement. But folks have gotten in even a couple of days into classes. Predicting waitlist movement is just darn near next to impossible. I know it's really tough but.. ya gotta just wait. Yeah, it sucks. I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on six waitlists and have not heard anything. I feel like im in the middle of the pack for most of them from what I have heard form these schools. This is my second time applying and am worried it will happen all over again. The thought of applying for a third time is so awful. What do you think?

EVMS mid third
MCV "not in a bad place"
SUNY Downstate
George Washington
Temple
USUHS

Just found out
USUHS disqualified for hospitalization last summer

I am on six waitlists and have not heard anything. I feel like im in the middle of the pack for most of them from what I have heard form these schools. This is my second time applying and am worried it will happen all over again. The thought of applying for a third time is so awful. What do you think?

EVMS mid third
MCV "not in a bad place"
SUNY Downstate
George Washington
Temple
USUHS

Just found out
USUHS disqualified for hospitalization last summer

I'm not sure if any of us have good info on those schools seeing as how this is the pre-osteo forum. Hopefully with that many waitlists there will be a good chance you will get off at least one. If you do have to reapply I would suggest applying to DO schools. We are pretty awesome if I do say so myself. ;):luck:

Reading this thread scares the crap out of me. I see a bunch of you freaking out about being on waitlists, but then I see your MDApps and your stats are better than mine. :scared::scared:

Reading this thread scares the crap out of me. I see a bunch of you freaking out about being on waitlists, but then I see your MDApps and your stats are better than mine. :scared::scared:

If you don't mind me asking what are your stats? Also some of these folks with good stats may have applied late in the season hence they are on a waiting list instead of in.

The unofficial SDN motto is "Apply Early!"

Yeah....apply early is the best information one can get. I finished early Feb for AACOMAS....verified and all that in March, got interview invite shortly after....interview in April...Put on an alternate list about a month later (being May). Everything has been happening in ~1 month intervals for me.

ooo...Just realized its about 1.5-2 wks left to being a month. Shazzam. :luck:

Last edited:
The hubby got the news this morning and he is now off the waitlist and going to DCOM!

As of Friday, June 6 9:21AM
I got offa Nova's waitlist
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAaahhhhhh

Just got in off the ASA list at UNECOM and now I have no idea what to do. I have two days to decide between there and KCUMB... great.

Just got in off the ASA list at UNECOM and now I have no idea what to do. I have two days to decide between there and KCUMB... great.

No sympathy for you. only congratulations.

has anyone been accepted off of pcom's wait list (PA campus)? how does pcom notify you? does anyone have any info on how the wait list works? i called admissions but really can get no info!:cool: ... lalala!...i can't get no satisfaction!

im starting to get a bit concerned with this years slow movement... it just seems that past years had more ppl off the waitlist bythis point. I mean, were nearing the middle of june!!:eek:
whats going on?!

im starting to get a bit concerned with this years slow movement... it just seems that past years had more ppl off the waitlist by this point. I mean, were nearing the middle of june!!:eek:
whats going on?!

It dose not look like a good year for people on wait lists. A couple lists haven't even moved yet. It might have to do with more applicants, I thought the new schools would have offset that, but it looks like it did affect the wait list

I know the allopathic wait lists are moving fast lately, I am surprised not many people are stating that they withdrew from a DO school on this forum.

good luck, DMU is not a bad fall back option to have :p

ugh. still waiting on my part. im actually excited about tourocom, but going to be in quite a dilemma if i get off waitlist at western.

ugh. still waiting on my part. im actually excited about tourocom, but going to be in quite a dilemma if i get off waitlist at western.

haha... i think i am loosing all hope i will get into nycom, its looking like i will be in tourocom next year

Well, I'm still waiting to get off MSUCOM's list!!! Class starts on the 24th of June, so I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I'm really depressed! :( I think I got my hopes up a little too much. At least I have acceptance for next year at MSUCOM. I don't think I'll go to LECOM and will most likely give my seat up this week. I have no idea what to do with another year! I've already been out of school for two years and I hate it! I just want to get on with my life. The waitlist is not a good place to be, and I hope others hear something good soon.

It dose not look like a good year for people on wait lists. A couple lists haven't even moved yet. It might have to do with more applicants, I thought the new schools would have offset that, but it looks like it did affect the wait list

I know the allopathic wait lists are moving fast lately, I am surprised not many people are stating that they withdrew from a DO school on this forum.

good luck, DMU is not a bad fall back option to have :p

You are right about that :) and im pretty happy to have had several options to choose from but its only fitting that i get waitlisted at my top choice. ALL in all.. ive come to terms with moving to iowa and tho not thrilled about the location i do think its an awesome school. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Well, I'm still waiting to get off MSUCOM's list!!! Class starts on the 24th of June, so I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I'm really depressed! :( I think I got my hopes up a little too much. At least I have acceptance for next year at MSUCOM. I don't think I'll go to LECOM and will most likely give my seat up this week. I have no idea what to do with another year! I've already been out of school for two years and I hate it! I just want to get on with my life. The waitlist is not a good place to be, and I hope others hear something good soon.

Thats such a sucky situation to be in! Any particular reason you dont want to go to lecom?? Best of luck to ya!

Thats such a sucky situation to be in! Any particular reason you dont want to go to lecom?? Best of luck to ya!

Geez! Yes, I know it sucks! :( But I'm really trying to be positive. For the past two days I've done a third eye chakra mantra meditation and it seems to be numbing the pain, sort of like alcohol. It's a weird feeling. I know the situation sucks but I have actually been smiling for no reason the whole day, sort of weird. Anyway..I guess the reason for not going to lecom is just personal preference. I felt like I belong at MSUCOM, but right when I got off the freeway to first experience Erie, PA, my heart just wasn't in it. I've heard good things about LECOM, I don't want to down the school at all. However, I feel it does not work into my lifestyle. I'll just leave it at that.

Geez! Yes, I know it sucks! :( But I'm really trying to be positive. For the past two days I've done a third eye chakra mantra meditation and it seems to be numbing the pain, sort of like alcohol. It's a weird feeling. I know the situation sucks but I have actually been smiling for no reason the whole day, sort of weird. Anyway..I guess the reason for not going to lecom is just personal preference. I felt like I belong at MSUCOM, but right when I got off the freeway to first experience Erie, PA, my heart just wasn't in it. I've heard good things about LECOM, I don't want to down the school at all. However, I feel it does not work into my lifestyle. I'll just leave it at that.

Hey, Zoey, you said in a previous post that MSUCOM is offering you a seat for next year's class if you don't get off the alternate list, right? I'm in a similar situation, with one acceptance at a great school that just isn't what fits my life best right now, and VERY HIGH on a waitlist at another school that I'd LOVE to go to. I don't have official word that I'd be able to go there next year, but the director of admissions said that some students on the waitlist would be offered acceptance for 2009 if they don't get in this year. \

Anyway, I've pretty much decided that if I have to take another year off (it would be my second), I'd take some refresher courses at a really good university here, travel to places I've always wanted to go, and do things I've always wanted to do. I just don't want to waste another year waiting to go to med school. Maybe if you do something like that for a year, it won't seem like such a waste. :)

Hey, Zoey, you said in a previous post that MSUCOM is offering you a seat for next year's class if you don't get off the alternate list, right? I'm in a similar situation, with one acceptance at a great school that just isn't what fits my life best right now, and VERY HIGH on a waitlist at another school that I'd LOVE to go to. I don't have official word that I'd be able to go there next year, but the director of admissions said that some students on the waitlist would be offered acceptance for 2009 if they don't get in this year. \

Anyway, I've pretty much decided that if I have to take another year off (it would be my second), I'd take some refresher courses at a really good university here, travel to places I've always wanted to go, and do things I've always wanted to do. I just don't want to waste another year waiting to go to med school. Maybe if you do something like that for a year, it won't seem like such a waste. :)

Yes, MSUCOM has given me acceptance to the class of 2013 if I don't get off the waitlist. It's good you only have to take one more year off. You have acceptance to West Virginia? That's where my friend is going this year. The tuition is pretty high for oos. My whole family just wants me to wait so I'll be closer to them. I know it sounds bad, but I really want to go this year, because it's the only way my parents will let me move out of the house!

Yes, MSUCOM has given me acceptance to the class of 2013 if I don't get off the waitlist. It's good you only have to take one more year off. You have acceptance to West Virginia? That's where my friend is going this year. The tuition is pretty high for oos. My whole family just wants me to wait so I'll be closer to them. I know it sounds bad, but I really want to go this year, because it's the only way my parents will let me move out of the house!

Yeah, I'm in at wv, which is really great, but like you said, tuition is high. And it would be a lot better if I could be closer to home for family reasons.

It stinks to have to live at home, I'm sorry about your situation. I really don't have any advice, but hopefully you won't need it because you'll get off the waitlist for this year! Good luck

i hear ya all with the waitlist.... at least ya all have schools to fall back on.... im on LMU waiting list and not from the appalachian area so I have no idea where i fall on the list...which sucks cuz all ive everwanted was to go to medical school....im hoping today is my lucky day and I get that call.... I mean it is Fri the 13th and that is a lucky day for me.... fingers crossed...best of luck to everyone

After a quick check of school admission sites...it looks like June 14 (tomorrow) is the next general deadline for seat deposits. Assuming this is correct...wouldn't it reason that we should start seeing some across the board waitlist movement starting next week?

Just another anxiety-laden post from a waitlister who's startin to panic :oops:

After a quick check of school admission sites...it looks like June 14 (tomorrow) is the next general deadline for seat deposits. Assuming this is correct...wouldn't it reason that we should start seeing some across the board waitlist movement starting next week?

which schools? i know tourocom was 5/15. How do you guys know if you guys get guaranteed admissions? does the school contact you when school is about to start?

which schools? i know tourocom was 5/15. How do you guys know if you guys get guaranteed admissions? does the school contact you when school is about to start?

Hopefully some more movement will occur after June 14th, then. Now my hopes are way up again!!! I haven't heard of this second deadline, though. I don't think LECOM has this deadline. I'm not sure if every school does guaranteed admission for next year. MSUCOM gives the top 1/3 of the waitlist guaranteed admission if students don't get off. Some years everyone gets off the "high waitlist" other years it is much less. My friend who's going to WVCOM was on a waitlist with guaranteed admission also. From what I've seen, many schools will tell you if guaranteed admission when you're put on the waitlist. However, this may not be the case with every school. You should ask the specific school.

Sorry guys...but it looks like i misread/mispoke. What I read was...

"Colleges of osteopathic medicine may begin extending offers of admission at any time after the interview. Applicants will be requested to submit necessary matriculation documents, including a deposit, according to the following schedule:

those accepted prior to Nov 15 will have until Dec 14

those accepted between nov 15 thru jan 14 will have 30 days

those accepted jan 15 and june 14 will have 14 days

those accepted after june 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit"

again...it looks as though i mispoke. for some reason i read the above to mean that deposits were due tomorrow...my bad. hopefully though the ever shortening envelope of time to put down deposits will start to yield some more definitive answers as far as if people are going to start being pulled off of some of the lists.

keep the faith...

This wait is almost killing me.:( One day I am very hopeful the next day I feel like I am in the gallows waiting for my turn of the "sorry... please apply next year.....":eek:
Oh well, what else to do but wait.:luck:
I am on touro NV. waitlist but not much movement. I am also hoping for the possible early acceptance for '09.:luck:

This wait is almost killing me.:( One day I am very hopeful the next day I feel like I am in the gallows waiting for my turn of the "sorry... please apply next year.....":eek:
Oh well, what else to do but wait.:luck:
I am on touro NV. waitlist but not much movement. I am also hoping for the possible early acceptance for '09.:luck:

Thats the exactly how i feel, it varies day to day. :rolleyes:

pop, lock it, drop it.

this is why I'm hot. :banana:

hope i can give you my seat, but NYCOM told me that they dont expect the list to move until july. Hopefully some people will withdraw from NYCOM.

i got an email from NOVA that they will finally be sending out my rejection letter they said they got real busy and forgot.......