1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone designate classes that they plan to take in the fall?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by E'01, Jul 31, 2001.

1. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys,

Do you think we're obligated to take the classes (I put down Biochem and Calc. II) that we've designated to take in the fall? I just got a FT research position and plan to engage in some personal hobbies (music lessons) so now I'm unsure as to how I'd manage. Also, if I did just leave them in my AMCAS app, would it be possible to change the college at which I'd take them? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thanks!

PS. For those who applied to non-AMCAS schools, did they receive your MCAT score? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I put down classes for fall and spring. My fall ones are for sure, but who knows about spring. I'm a post-bacc, so if I get admitted before spring semester starts, I hope I don't have to take classes. Save me $3000, if schools will let me.

4. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

According to AMCAS, you are not obligated to take any class designated as current/future, for what that is worth. I wouldn't intentionally deceive them by indicating weighty classes (like P-chem)and actually taking volleyball and psych courses, but I am sure they will understand slight changes. When going to interviews (or maybe even sending in secondaries), you may want to attach your ammended schedule. I wrote down courses I thought I would take in the spring, but will send them exact schedules when I know them.

5. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks guys for your input. I really appreciate you sharing your experience. :)

6. Sarena

Sarena Member
    7+ Year Member

Greetings from your Harkness Dorm neighbor!!!

Glad to hear about the new position. It appears that things are working out. How are the secondaries coming? I have been communicating with R. Silverman regarding the EDP issue. It turns out that AMCAS says that since I already submitted my application I can not do EDP this year because they have already sent my information to the other schools and cannot retrieve it (we know that did not happen). He forwarded a copy of their e-mail. They had the nerve to say that I could void my application and reapply next year as an EDP candidate. Are they crazy!!! He was still very encouraging and helpful.

I can't believe how much I miss you guys. Have you talked with anyone since leaving? I did not get the e-mail list. Did you? Anyway, great to see your post on here. Take care.