Anyone designate classes that they plan to take in the fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you think we're obligated to take the classes (I put down Biochem and Calc. II) that we've designated to take in the fall? I just got a FT research position and plan to engage in some personal hobbies (music lessons) so now I'm unsure as to how I'd manage. Also, if I did just leave them in my AMCAS app, would it be possible to change the college at which I'd take them? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thanks!

PS. For those who applied to non-AMCAS schools, did they receive your MCAT score? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I put down classes for fall and spring. My fall ones are for sure, but who knows about spring. I'm a post-bacc, so if I get admitted before spring semester starts, I hope I don't have to take classes. Save me $3000, if schools will let me.

According to AMCAS, you are not obligated to take any class designated as current/future, for what that is worth. I wouldn't intentionally deceive them by indicating weighty classes (like P-chem)and actually taking volleyball and psych courses, but I am sure they will understand slight changes. When going to interviews (or maybe even sending in secondaries), you may want to attach your ammended schedule. I wrote down courses I thought I would take in the spring, but will send them exact schedules when I know them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for your input. I really appreciate you sharing your experience. :)

Greetings from your Harkness Dorm neighbor!!!

Glad to hear about the new position. It appears that things are working out. How are the secondaries coming? I have been communicating with R. Silverman regarding the EDP issue. It turns out that AMCAS says that since I already submitted my application I can not do EDP this year because they have already sent my information to the other schools and cannot retrieve it (we know that did not happen). He forwarded a copy of their e-mail. They had the nerve to say that I could void my application and reapply next year as an EDP candidate. Are they crazy!!! He was still very encouraging and helpful.

I can't believe how much I miss you guys. Have you talked with anyone since leaving? I did not get the e-mail list. Did you? Anyway, great to see your post on here. Take care.