If 4 of my classes are normally done in 1 semester, does it look bad if I do 1 class early in the summer and the other 3 in the fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lita0632

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As opposed to doing all my classes in 1 same semester?
I have a really easy class and am thinking about just starting it early and getting it over with by doing it in the summer. I can't do all of them right now in the summer because I have to work and save extra money for rent, etc. in the fall while I'm going to classes.

Members don't see this ad.

You're being neurotic. Take a breath.

If you stay full time and keep a normalish path of degree progression, no one will care or make any assumptions or judgements about you taking a summer course.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're being neurotic. Take a breath.

If you stay full time and keep a normalish path of degree progression, no one will care or make any assumptions or judgements about you taking a summer course.
Well this whole college application process has felt really neurotic and stressful to the point where it feels like they want my soul and blood, what else do they want.

It legitimately does not matter when you take your courses as long as you just do well and obviously, enjoy them. Knowing how to schedule them leniently and having time for other life responsibilities is perfectly normal and this will not be the first time you will do something similar in university.

Reactions: 1 users
As everyone stated above, don’t worry. Medical admissions won’t know what is the typical schedule / course load for each individual undergrad school that students apply from. They aren’t going to scrutinize the timeline of each of your courses and they won’t be like “oh this person couldn’t handle doing course x, y, z all together? They can’t handle medical school.” A lot of students take summer courses. I did my physics at a different institute from my four year undergrad. Just do well in your courses.

Also I wouldn’t call moderators like gyngyn a troll. They have reputable knowledge of medical school admissions and are more qualified than most people in these forums.

Good luck!

As everyone stated above, don’t worry. Medical admissions won’t know what is the typical schedule / course load for each individual undergrad school that students apply from. They aren’t going to scrutinize the timeline of each of your courses and they won’t be like “oh this person couldn’t handle doing course x, y, z all together? They can’t handle medical school.” A lot of students take summer courses. I did my physics at a different institute from my four year undergrad. Just do well in your courses.

Also I wouldn’t call moderators like gyngyn a troll. They have reputable knowledge of medical school admissions and are more qualified than most people in these forums.

Good luck!
His answer was very vague I had no idea what he was talking about and my mind is really overwhelmed by a lot of things going on this month with a death in the family and trying to sign up for classes and moving, looking for a new job all of this at once. Not looking for a pity party I just thought he was being a troll saying no one on this forum knows the college's schedule...

I just thought he was being a troll saying no one on this forum knows the college's schedule...
No. I really mean it. Nobody knows what is "normal" at your school.
I am an admissions officer at an LCME-accredited medical school.
When you see verification badges on SDN, you can believe them.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
No. I really mean it. Nobody knows what is "normal" at your school.
I am an admissions officer at an LCME-accredited medical school.
When you see verification badges on SDN, you can believe them.
I thought you meant on this forum nobody knows and therefore nobody could help. I dont pay attention to the badges I dont research what they mean I already have a ton of other things going on in my life. I understand your comment now that the other person explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Telling medical school faculty taking the time to answer your questions about how they perceive things that they're a "troll" is certainly a choice.

I mean, it's rude to do to anyone taking the time to try to help you and answer your questions, but particularly mind blowing when they're literally the target audience for your question.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
His answer was very vague I had no idea what he was talking about and my mind is really overwhelmed by a lot of things going on this month with a death in the family and trying to sign up for classes and moving, looking for a new job all of this at once. Not looking for a pity party I just thought he was being a troll saying no one on this forum knows the college's schedule...

Sorry about your recent loss. It can be easy to misunderstand tone / misread / misinterpret things over the internet. Just know that you’re in good hands in these forum when someone like gyngyn replies

Wow. Telling medical school faculty taking the time to answer your questions about how they perceive things that they're a "troll" is certainly a choice.
Excuse my mistake. Didn't know it was a huge thing and that people are so sensitive over the internet.

As opposed to doing all my classes in 1 same semester?
I have a really easy class and am thinking about just starting it early and getting it over with by doing it in the summer. I can't do all of them right now in the summer because I have to work and save extra money for rent, etc. in the fall while I'm going to classes.
It's fine

Reactions: 1 user
Badges are relatively self-explanatory from their titles.

A reminder that all users should keep their posts professional on this forum.

Closing since the OP has received the answer to their question.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.