Anyone dying to hear from Einstein next week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never knew AECOM rejected applicants straight after an interview. I always thought that applicants were either accepted, put on the alternate list, or put on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah looks like they're pretty selective this year too...

I never knew AECOM rejected applicants straight after an interview. I always thought that applicants were either accepted, put on the alternate list, or put on the waitlist.

wait...I thought the alternate list was the same thing as the waitlist. Is it not?

Members don't see this ad :)
wait...I thought the alternate list was the same thing as the waitlist. Is it not?

Oh, I'm not sure. I thought that my student host said that the alternate list is better than the waitlist, so I assumed that they are two different thing. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

are there people out there who received notice on Jan 15th that they are on the "alternate list" as opposed to the unfavorable waitlist group?

I interviewed in late November, but no decision has been made for me yet.

When is the next round of decisions?

yeah, well they abviously do, don't know what their freakin' problem is,
who the hell wants to live in the bronx :mad::thumbdown:

i do! esp ppl who want to work wth the underserved..=)

rejected and i also wanted to live in the BX. oh well

post-interview rejection hurts like a btich :(

i thought only wierdos get rejected post interview. guess i gotta reevaluate my own self image

Members don't see this ad :)
word. :idea: Maybe we ARE weirdos, we just don't know it

I know! Here I thought that my interview went well and now I find myself analyzing every part of the day and trying to figure out if I pissed off someone at anytime throughout the day... I figure that that would be better than just being a socially inept loser.

I know! Here I thought that my interview went well and now I find myself analyzing every part of the day and trying to figure out if I pissed off someone at anytime throughout the day... I figure that that would be better than just being a socially inept loser.

I keep going through my interview wondering what I could have said that might have resulted in them thinking I didn't want to go there. But, as long as it doesn't make it to my dreams, I'll be ok. Once that happens, I'm a wreck.

post-interview rejection hurts like a btich :(

No kidding. Pre-interview rejection isn't that nice either, but post-interview rejection hurts more.

preinterview rejection is better cuz they are rejecting your application and numbers. post-interview it's like "hey we just dont like u as a person"

snail mail rejection

Did you receive the acceptance email before you received the snail mail acceptance letter? Just curious.

Anyone know how much of the class has been filled? Or whether AECOM offers as many interviews this late in the season as it did the last few months? Big thanks.

go figure :confused: my interviewer and I got a great connection, and he even said he would STRONGLY recommend my candidacy to the committee :(

i thought only wierdos get rejected post interview. guess i gotta reevaluate my own self image

Hey guys, I interviewed there earlier this month, and all these rejections have got me hella nervous! :scared:

At the same time, just remember that they interview nearly 1500 people, which means that A LOT more people will be rejected post-interview than for most schools.

And I agree, I would rather get the pre-interview rejection.

hmmm... I don't know if I want to go through the process of interviewing if there's a high probability of getting neg'd.

A little mail error has probably torpedo'd my chances. I got a letter today asking if I still wanted to interview. Apparently they sent a letter inviting me to interview a little while ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get that letter. Grrr...

For people that got waitlisted, did the notification come by email, snail mail, or both?

I know that acceptance are by both email and snail mail and a rejection is by snail mail only. Just wondering about waitlists.

bump

Does anyone know the answer to the post above?

Thanks!

sorry i don't know...but for those accepted, there's class thread in the allopathic section! please join in the fun!

The waitlist letter comes by snail mail. However, I also called on January 15th and was given my decision over the telephone as well. The lady was super nice.

Good luck!

did anybody else who got accepted get a video on some dvd?

The waitlist letter comes by snail mail. However, I also called on January 15th and was given my decision over the telephone as well. The lady was super nice.

Good luck!

icic, thanks for your input!

You guys are excited to hear from Einstein? Seriously? I remember, at my interview several years back: Once I finished dodging bullets and traffic, I stepped inside only to go "Where's the medical school? THIS is a medical school? This part, right here?"

You guys are excited to hear from Einstein? Seriously? I remember, at my interview several years back: Once I finished dodging bullets and traffic, I stepped inside only to go "Where's the medical school? THIS is a medical school? This part, right here?"

YES!!!

don't hate

i know youre only joking, but the bronx never gets a fair shake, the 1 mile radius around einstein is a very safe and pleasant residential neighborhood, ie the traffic isnt bad, compared to sinai which gets so much love just cuz its in manhattan where if you cross the train tracks youre liable to be solicited for drugs, robbed, or worse.

lol rejected pre-interview

my neighbor knocked on my door on Sunday and said that he received a piece of my mail. he handed it to me and bam! rejection. freaking hilarious

same here, pre-interview rejection..

I think they must make decisions fairly frequently. I called on the 15th and they said I wouldn't hear back until 8 weeks after my interview. However, I got an email on the 17th. So, they must have made a decision on the 16th or 17th.

When did you interview?

I think they must make decisions fairly frequently. I called on the 15th and they said I wouldn't hear back until 8 weeks after my interview. However, I got an email on the 17th. So, they must have made a decision on the 16th or 17th.

compared to sinai which gets so much love just cuz its in manhattan where if you cross the train tracks youre liable to be solicited for drugs, robbed, or worse.

hey, i been workin at mount sinai since september and i park my car on those streets across the train tracks anywhere from 97th to 106th and i walk to my car around 830 every night. hasnt been a problem.

anybody else having trouble with their website? i keep getting the error message after i click on md program

does anyone know if einstein is making any notifications this week, and when?

you can call the # posted earlier in the thread and ask.

i'm sure there are set dates for notifications to go out.