Anyone eagerly awaiting Pitt results????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mango6110

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am

Members don't see this ad.

mango6110 said:
Me too. I have horrible heartburn from all this waiting. Any idea when Pitt decisions are made/sent/available?

I think within the next week or two.

And if by "eagerly awaiting" you mean "can't stop perseverating about" then yes, I am "eagerly awaiting" Pitt results :laugh:.

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in too. I would love to go to this school :love:

I was fine (even a bit serene) waiting until I realized how *close* it is to march, and now I'm back to checking my phone and email a zillion times a day for msgs.

Pitt Med - Give me some love!!!!!!

boardchic said:
Me too. I have horrible heartburn from all this waiting. Any idea when Pitt decisions are made/sent/available?

anyone know?

madrigail said:
I was fine (even a bit serene) waiting until I realized how *close* it is to march, and now I'm back to checking my phone and email a zillion times a day for msgs.

Pitt Med - Give me some love!!!!!!

Yeah me too. The closer it gets the more time seems to slow down. I want in so bad!!!

davedavedave said:
anyone know?

I think they said the final decision is made the first week of march and letters go out at the end of the week.

I remember hearing something about March 7 at the interview. Dunno if this is the day letters are mailed out or expected to arrive. Anyone know?

I am also waiting from UPitt,

From what I hear, the letters are mailed on March 1st. I think we will know by either Friday next week

Good luck every body. and Carpe Diem

Ia anyone else psycho like me? Once I heard "special" e-mails went out to some people (read:not me), I've become convinced I'm on the rejection list. I need someone to slap me a la Cher in Moonstruck, "SNAP OUT OF IT ALREADY!" I'm actually dreading next week...

Yep I'm psycho and freaked out when I heard about the special e-mails too :laugh:.

But hey what can we do 'bout it?

uptoolate said:
Ia anyone else psycho like me? Once I heard "special" e-mails went out to some people (read:not me), I've become convinced I'm on the rejection list. I need someone to slap me a la Cher in Moonstruck, "SNAP OUT OF IT ALREADY!" I'm actually dreading next week...

what special emails??????

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, I do believe we've started an epidemic. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your week-end.

Okay, if you really want to ruin your weekend, read through the non-rolling achools thread.

i wish i had not read the non rolling admissions thread....... :(

Hehe well he did warn you

yah; im eagerly awaiting; i was really impressed by the facilities there and how everything is connected. What sucks is that im not gonna be in the first batch b.c i interviewed this past wk; ill have to wait a month longer

uptoolate said:
Okay, if you really want to ruin your weekend, read through the non-rolling achools thread.

:(

Guys, guys,guys-there are sooo many ways to rationalize this. I don't even have enough space to begin! You're bringing me down by showing me how I brought you down. Go,go-have a good weekend. To steal the happy thoughts from the UNC thread- Have some cake. And tequila.

Anybody submitting the Merit scholarship letter this weekend?

I put mine in a couple of weeks ago-only b/c I am swamped at school/work and knew it was coming for over a month. I'm almost too tired to think about the events of the coming week(s). Good luck!

Haybrant said:
i plan to

for you guys that are doing the scholarship app, about how long is your essay/app?

thanks

:laugh: lol. :laugh: i feel so responsible.
i posted about that special email and the cake and tequila.
who knows though, it was an "unofficial" sort of correspondence.... could be all smoke and mirrors.

"...that a letter of admission will be forthcoming within the next several weeks."

this is from that email. not very descriptive, but it was dated 2/16. several usually means 3. so my projection is March 7th mail date. i'll betcha a slice of peanut butter fudge swirl cheescake! :)

CalGoldenBear said:
for you guys that are doing the scholarship app, about how long is your essay/app?

thanks

for those of you who are applying, did you have a firm commitment to pursue academic medicine before the email?

And the 28th is here....I'm going craaazy over the wait, is there a chance we might receive something "unofficial" today from Pitt?

CalGoldenBear said:

thanks
So far, 2 paragraphs. But I'm really struggling with it. If you figure the scholarship is worth about $150,000 and you write 1,000 words, then each word is potentially worth $150! Heck, Stephen King doesn't even make that much per word.

My biggest problem is, I have no research experience. So I'm having to interpret "investigation" in interesting ways.

What a (very likely) waste of time and effort. :mad: I'll be turning it in sometime on the due date, tomorrow.

Last week I called and they said it would be sometime this week, today I called and they said the acceptances et al would be coming out March 9th.

Good luck everybody! :)

seethrew said:
for those of you who are applying, did you have a firm commitment to pursue academic medicine before the email?

Yes, I'm pretty much sealed into a life of academia whether they decide to fund me (or accept me) or not.

Don't apologize re: cake and tequila- I wish a lot more threads advocated cake and tequila use. :)

I haven't decided whether to be an academic physician or not, that's why I haven't sent in the application. I'm kind of leaning toward it but I'm not sure yet. Reading over my app, I just didn't sound committed to doing academic medicine and I didn't want to lie about being committed. Plus I don't exactly have a ton of research experience ;).

The choice for me is to turn in a kind of crappy application or not turn one it at all, so I probably won't send mine in.

I definitely see myself as an attending one day, teaching med students and residents while having my own patients. Research is less appealing (hence my difficulty with the scholarship app) but, as I told the chief of Emergency Medicine during my interview at Minnesota: "I want your job."

Kazema said:
I haven't decided whether to be an academic physician or not, that's why I haven't sent in the application. I'm kind of leaning toward it but I'm not sure yet. Reading over my app, I just didn't sound committed to doing academic medicine and I didn't want to lie about being committed. Plus I don't exactly have a ton of research experience ;).

The choice for me is to turn in a kind of crappy application or not turn one it at all, so I probably won't send mine in.
I hear yah. Except I haven't had a debacle yet today, so maybe I'll write one for the hell of it. I can be so last minute...

I just sent in my merit scholarship application... i wonder if i'm too late...

any recent speculations on when we might hear anything?

boardchic said:
I just sent in my merit scholarship application... i wonder if i'm too late...

any recent speculations on when we might hear anything?
The invitation email said that the deadline is March 1st, so I think you made it. It also said that they "hope to notify awardees by the beginning of April."

Eagerly awaiting a decision :(

iggyboop said:
Last week I called and they said it would be sometime this week, today I called and they said the acceptances et al would be coming out March 9th.

Good luck everybody! :)

iggyboop, do you know if they will also send an email? I was hoping to hear this week, but now it might be 2 more! considering how slow mail is. Bummer.

CalGoldenBear said:

thanks
438 words, 5 short-ish paragraphs, mostly consisting of "here is why I am great. Oh yeah, here's also why I am great. Please give me the scholarship. It would make me very happy. Did I mention that I am great?"

tommerbommer said:
438 words, 5 short-ish paragraphs, mostly consisting of "here is why I am great. Oh yeah, here's also why I am great. Please give me the scholarship. It would make me very happy. Did I mention that I am great?"
486 words, 6 short paragraphs.

liverotcod said:
486 words, 6 short paragraphs.
449 words, 4 long-ish paragraphs.

i also just noticed that i made absolutely no mention of the scholarship in the essay, only my aspirations toward academic medicine. (oh yeah, and why i'm awesome)

criminallyinane said:
Is this March 9th thing for real? Damn!
ok i did bet a cheescake on the 7th, but that was to mail out... close enough right?!?!?

mailing my punkass merit essay out. its short <400. three paragraphs. i said. you know im awesome, so ok, lets get to the point and i'll tell you what i think about medicine and investigation. like it or leave it! :D

Guys, did you get any "essay received" type email from Pitt? I sent in my (ugly) essay a while back but haven't heard anything... just hoping they got it. Though yeah, it would be a pain to email all 500 applicants or something. I guess I'm just neurotic.

leechy said:
Guys, did you get any "essay received" type email from Pitt? I sent in my (ugly) essay a while back but haven't heard anything... just hoping they got it. Though yeah, it would be a pain to email all 500 applicants or something. I guess I'm just neurotic.
there are 500 applicants for the merit scholarship?

seethrew said:
They sent the invitation to everyone who interviewed. Then, they sent some (#?) of those another email inviting them to apply again, and telling them they were accepted.

liverotcod said:
They sent the invitation to everyone who interviewed. Then, they sent some (#?) of those another email inviting them to apply again, and telling them they were accepted.

i know of people who have interviewed at pitt that didn't receive the "you're in" email that are applying for the scholarship, so i don't know how many total people will have applied. im assuming a lot, since any one that interviewed is invited to apply.

seethrew said:

Nope, that's just a wild estimate. Like Liver said, everyone who interviewed got invited to apply for the scholarship, and people don't even know if they were admitted yet, so I suppose Pitt will be getting quite a few applications.

Can anyone answer my neurotic question? :)

leechy said:
Nope, that's just a wild estimate. Like Liver said, everyone who interviewed got invited to apply for the scholarship, and people don't even know if they were admitted yet, so I suppose Pitt will be getting quite a few applications.

i submitted mine today and didn't get anything back from pitt to confirm they received it

leechy said:

wrote mine 1p, watched as the world turns at 2p, edited and sent mine 3p, no reply...

I sent my in a couple of weeks ago and received no acknowledgment- and then (b/c I'm a geek) I sent something on Sunday and got no response. No worries.

Last year's thread said they had about a hundred applicants and 10-12 awards. Don't know about the accuracy of it, but hey, these're the jokes folks.