Anyone else get this email about BU's secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYGirl12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get this email from BU? It instantly sent me into panic mode wondering whether they are one of those schools where the secondary needs to be turned in within 1-2 weeks. But I'm pretty sure, they're not. I'm turning it in soon, but just wondering if anyone else got this email.

---
Dear NYGirl12,

According to our records, we have sent you an email in response to notification from AMCAS that you had listed Boston University on your application. We have not heard further from you and would like to make sure that the lack of activity on your application is your choice, rather than a technical problem. If you have already notified us that you have not received a pre-registration email or if you are not having any difficulty, please ignore this message.

Sincerely,
Robert A. Witzburg, MD
Associate Dean and Director of Admissions
Boston University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get this email from BU? It instantly sent me into panic mode wondering whether they are one of those schools where the secondary needs to be turned in within 1-2 weeks. But I'm pretty sure, they're not. I'm turning it in soon, but just wondering if anyone else got this email.

---
Dear NYGirl12,

According to our records, we have sent you an email in response to notification from AMCAS that you had listed Boston University on your application. We have not heard further from you and would like to make sure that the lack of activity on your application is your choice, rather than a technical problem. If you have already notified us that you have not received a pre-registration email or if you are not having any difficulty, please ignore this message.

Sincerely,
Robert A. Witzburg, MD
Associate Dean and Director of Admissions
Boston University School of Medicine

Hmmm I wonder if they're sending these out to people they haven't heard from because so many people emailed them/contacted them about not having received the secondary when they first sent it out. They're probably just making sure you got the first email?

Total speculation, by the way.

That just sounds like a nice, considerate email. I've had my secondary for a lot longer than 1-2 weeks and haven't gotten that email, probably because i've logged "activity" on their secondary website or something else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm... I got the secondary over a month ago and haven't submitted it, because I think I'm not too interested in BU any longer... and I did not get that.

That just sounds like a nice, considerate email. I've had my secondary for a lot longer than 1-2 weeks and haven't gotten that email, probably because i've logged "activity" on their secondary website or something else.

I got their secondary 2.5 weeks ago, logged into their site and filled up everything except for the essay section. I agree, it's probably just a reminder, but nonetheless weird.