Should I email letters of interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovemydog

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if I should send some schools like a continual letter of interest in their program? It's been radio silence from most of my schools. Would that be stupid?
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Are we talking pre-interview at this point, or are you post-interview?

If pre-interview, it might be too late at this point.

If post-interview, take your lead from the school. Did they mention ways /reasons that you might be in touch after interview such as up-dates or being receptive to thank you messages?

Some schools like to be wooed and know that you are still excited about the prospect of being admitted. Others know their own mind and won't be swayed by the academic equivalent of Valentines.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Are we talking pre-interview at this point, or are you post-interview?

If pre-interview, it might be too late at this point.

If post-interview, take your lead from the school. Did they mention ways /reasons that you might be in touch after interview such as up-dates or being receptive to thank you messages?

Some schools like to be wooed and know that you are still excited about the prospect of being admitted. Others know their own mind and won't be swayed by the academic equivalent of Valentines.
I haven't been invited for an interview yet, so too late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
From your post history it appears you have been accepted at a school, so release your worries about those other schools!
That is true! I just hate feeling ghosted by 99% of my schools

That is true! I just hate feeling ghosted by 99% of my schools
Get over it. Same thing happens to job seekers. It sucks but that seems to be the way it is these days. Some schools will hold off until their class matriculates and then tell you in July that you didn't get admitted. They like to keep their powder dry just in case something weird happens and they need replacements at the last minute.

Reactions: 1 user
Be happy with the A you have. Welcome to the world of marketing where the best response rate you get is less than 5%. (That's the world of recruitment...)
Thank you Mr. Smile! I will smile :)

Reactions: 1 user