Anyone else getting "free" Q-bank?...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not encouraging anyone to cheat the system, but I apparently did...inadvertently.
I purchased 3 mos. of USMLE Q-bank way back in Feb. My final day--after the extra days they gave me from the handful of times the system was down--was June 7th. It is now July 8th...and, for some reason, I still have access.

The catch is, I'm not accessing KAPLAN by just opening up Explorer and going to their site...back in Feb or March I saved a link to the page you're at just before entering the actual Q-bank...the one that has the "GO" button on it, which--when you click it--opens up a new window...

This must be a design fluke in their programs, because I logged onto my KAPLAN site by opening up Explorer, and my access was gone.
But...when I open up the link saved on my desk top...there it is.

Anyone else get back door Q-bank...?

Members don't see this ad.

Post the URL of this special page, so we can check what the troof be.

UserNameNeeded said:
Post the URL of this special page, so we can check what the troof be.
I would but I can't: the address in the Exlplorer address box reads "C:\Documents and Settings\...."--I merely saved the link to my desktop way back in Feb. When I click on any button that redirects me (other than the "GO" button, which opens up the Qbank window), I have to log in to my account...where it doesn't show up.

Members don't see this ad :)
homeboy said:
I would but I can't: the address in the Exlplorer address box reads "C:\Documents and Settings\...."--I merely saved the link to my desktop way back in Feb. When I click on any button that redirects me (other than the "GO" button, which opens up the Qbank window), I have to log in to my account...where it doesn't show up.
So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior.

homeboy said:
So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior....

homeboy said:

So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior....

Not that it matters since nobody would ever take advantage of this, but if you right-click the icon then click on Properties, you should be able to find out the URL the icon's pointing to.

liverotcod said:
Not that it matters since nobody would ever take advantage of this, but if you right-click the icon then click on Properties, you should be able to find out the URL the icon's pointing to.
eh...tried that...nothing showing.