homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Ok, I'm not encouraging anyone to cheat the system, but I apparently did...inadvertently.
I purchased 3 mos. of USMLE Q-bank way back in Feb. My final day--after the extra days they gave me from the handful of times the system was down--was June 7th. It is now July 8th...and, for some reason, I still have access.

The catch is, I'm not accessing KAPLAN by just opening up Explorer and going to their site...back in Feb or March I saved a link to the page you're at just before entering the actual Q-bank...the one that has the "GO" button on it, which--when you click it--opens up a new window...

This must be a design fluke in their programs, because I logged onto my KAPLAN site by opening up Explorer, and my access was gone.
But...when I open up the link saved on my desk top...there it is.

Anyone else get back door Q-bank...?

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
UserNameNeeded said:
Post the URL of this special page, so we can check what the troof be.
I would but I can't: the address in the Exlplorer address box reads "C:\Documents and Settings\...."--I merely saved the link to my desktop way back in Feb. When I click on any button that redirects me (other than the "GO" button, which opens up the Qbank window), I have to log in to my account...where it doesn't show up.

About the Ads

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
homeboy said:
I would but I can't: the address in the Exlplorer address box reads "C:\Documents and Settings\...."--I merely saved the link to my desktop way back in Feb. When I click on any button that redirects me (other than the "GO" button, which opens up the Qbank window), I have to log in to my account...where it doesn't show up.
So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior.

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
homeboy said:
So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior....

Northerner

Coquettish Haberdasher
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Status (Visible)
homeboy said:

So if anyone does what I did, they may inadvertently get a back door to their Qbank long after it has expired...which would be absolutely horrible and I don't condone such behavior....

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Not that it matters since nobody would ever take advantage of this, but if you right-click the icon then click on Properties, you should be able to find out the URL the icon's pointing to.

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
liverotcod said:
Not that it matters since nobody would ever take advantage of this, but if you right-click the icon then click on Properties, you should be able to find out the URL the icon's pointing to.
eh...tried that...nothing showing.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.