Anyone else getting rocked by midterms this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jason UCSD2000

tabasco is my friend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... just got rocked by another midterm today - biostatistics. Since I know there are fellow UCSF P1s that read this - yes, I got ROCKED. Awesome.
Anyone else feel my pain?(I'm trying to get a sample population).:)
-jason

Members don't see this ad.

Not rocked, but i studied f'in hard for this exam and i still missed a buncha q's i think (we get our scores tomorrow). my prof dr. ahn was all sad and pissed. he was like 'why aren't people connecting with this?!?! he actually wanted me to come to his office to get my opinion on why they weren't figuring stuff out and how the TA could do a better job (i told him i wanted to TA for him next year, that probably means i have to pass it first, huh?)

There was all of these nutty questions about what mutations in receptors could mimic alpha toxin symptoms. It took me fifteen minutes just to figure out what the question was getting at. It was such a bizarres style of question that hardly anyone i talked to knew what the f*ck he was talkin about (oh just, so we don't get the wrong impression ahn didn't write that question.)

Oh yeah, SC peeps i heard the nastiest test writer for biosystems is still coming up (prof's initials are C.O.)

the baddest biostatistician ever is at ucsf jason (Stan Glantz the dude who did all the stats to figure out how jacked up Big Tobacco was.) I taught myself from his book 'Primer to Biostats'. It's cool.

hey bro, i hear ya. the CP and biostats were monsters!!
i'm glad we're done for this week.
let's go to castro this friday!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Our exams are spread out throughout the semester. I've had 10 so far, and 8 left including my pathophysiology final. I'm hoping to exempt my other finals. Pathophysiology sucks. They design questions to trick you, rather than test your knowledge.

I never dreamed that it would take this much work just to get C's.

Haha, I think that's quite funny, but sadly, true in my case. I hate our physiology prof. Why does he have to LOVE physics?! In addition, what's up with writing statements instead of questions on our tests (i.e. "the skeletal system" followed by 4-5 statements)?! Is it so much more work to write a complete QUESTION!:mad:

Originally posted by dgroulx
Our exams are spread out throughout the semester. I've had 10 so far, and 8 left including my pathophysiology final. I'm hoping to exempt my other finals. Pathophysiology sucks. They design questions to trick you, rather than test your knowledge.

I never dreamed that it would take this much work just to get C's.