Anyone else here gone greek?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fraternity or sorority that is (excluding kappa psi/phi delta chi). I'm SAE and was really hesitant to pledge at first because I thought it would ruin my grades or chance of getting into pharmacy school, but from my experience its been one of the best decisions i've made. Anyone else feel the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

Sigma Chi (EX). Drew Brees is a Sig from Purdue there. Always wanted to visit campus. I thought it would hurt my chances, but when I joined, my GPA improved, I was more focused on school, I earned volunteer experience, and my social calendar filled up. It was great. However, any bad press about your fraternity/sorority could come back to haunt you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fraternity or sorority that is (excluding kappa psi/phi delta chi). I'm SAE and was really hesitant to pledge at first because I thought it would ruin my grades or chance of getting into pharmacy school, but from my experience its been one of the best decisions i've made. Anyone else feel the same way?

I'd like to go Greek, but my g/f keeps saying no.

When you go greek, ask yourself whether pledging's worth it.

I tried going greek...didn't work out so well. Now, however, I found something better to do with my life (APhA).

I don't have a completely anti-greek attitude, but I just want to warn people to really think through what fraternity/sorority they want to join, and to hang out with the fraternity/sorority as a whole a bit, not just at rushes, before you pledge.

Phi Alpha! I also joined SAE. I think joining a fraternity was one of the best decisions I've made in college! As long as you limit your partying and have a place to study such as the library (because I know how hard it is to study in a fraternity house) you should be fine. I've been a member since my freshman year in college and was able to maintain 3.7+ GPA while living in the house. Good luck.

I was a Phi Mu in undergrad and it was a wonderful time! I met my best friends, gained important leadership experience, volunteer oppertunities, and just had a whole lot of fun. I definitely recommend it!

I was president of my fraternity, Sigma Alpha Mu, in undergrad. Im no longer active though. I have more important things to do now.