Anyone else interviewing at U K Saturday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if any of my fellow SDN'ers will be there.

Saturday 25 Sept 04

Members don't see this ad.

I did two Saturdays ago....anything you wanna know???

Good luck

Sure!

How did it go?

What questions did they hit you with in the interview?

How many were interviewing with you?

Think you'll get in? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
slightly OT, Tas, how long did it take you to be complete there? I'm worrying ... My recommendations should have arrived there last Thursday and according to the UK secondary-app page they still haven't "received" them. So I don't know if I should call and inquire, or if it's likely that they have them but haven't processed them into my file yet.

ya, I got worried about mine as well.

There was apparently an unavoidable delay in processing at the school. You are probably complete w/o the website showing it.

Send them an email, they're quite helpful and will let you know quickly if you're ok or if something is messed up.

Phew, that's good to know. Thanks. (I ended up calling and they told me they had a big stack of recommendation envelopes that would be processed in the next two days.)

Good luck with your interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) Is UK your top choice? Where else are you considering/applying?

aparecida said:
Phew, that's good to know. Thanks. (I ended up calling and they told me they had a big stack of recommendation envelopes that would be processed in the next two days.)

Good luck with your interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) Is UK your top choice? Where else are you considering/applying?

UK would be a dream as it not only caters to what I want to do (Rural primary care) and much more, but is also less expensive than my D.O. choices.

I honestly didn't think I'd get an interview there, but ... well, sometimes things work out.

Basically, it was UK, Pikeville (Pikevegas :) - no interview yet), WVSOM, and U of L.

U of L rejected me w/o secondary.

Tas said:
Sure!

How did it go?

What questions did they hit you with in the interview?

How many were interviewing with you?

Think you'll get in? :)

It went well. Very conversational. FOund out that the interviewers aren't picked at random, they are assigned to you.

The biggest questions concerned my grades (they are low in my early college years) and why i want to be a doctor. My interviewers were both 75+, I heard that people with younger interviewers had harder questions, but nothign super stressful. I did have to talk about my family, what my parents do, how do they feel about me doing this, etc.

You have two interviews each with one person. The interviewers were really nice.

I did get in. I went ED, so I heard the Thursday after my interview. Let me know if there is anything more I can help you with.

abraxas20 said:
It went well. Very conversational. FOund out that the interviewers aren't picked at random, they are assigned to you.

Anyway to find out who is interviewing you ahead of time so you can brush up? As far as 'science questions' what was the trend with that, off-the-wall hard/weird or related to class you took, etc. ?

I'm interviewing there Sat the 7th. Kind of worried now about my grades, they were pretty hairy back at community college - but that was eons ago (I'm an old-foggie)

THey asked zero science questions. And as for hairy grades...I failed a class and got Ds in bio back in the day (nine years ago) and have retaken them. All they said was way to go on grade improvement over time.

So are you guys interviewing from out of town???

I'm coming up from Clarksville, TN. I haven't decided if I'm going to drive up in the AM, or stay in Lexington Friday night. I hear parking up there is difficult/confusing/limited; is this true?

Well we have the usual university parking drama. However, if you are interviewing on a Saturday you can park in the hospital parking structure and not pay. There should be a map with the letter they sent you. I can probably explain how to get anywhere, just let me know what you need to know by PM and I will send you directions.

Hi everyone ,
My interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning. ( 25 Sep ) How many of you guys will I see there ? I already know of someone else who will be there as well. The Admissions office told me there will be 12 of us? I wasnt too nervous but right about now I have a ton of butterflies in my stomach. How are you guys coping? Also I was told that most of the interviewers will be older retired people. Do you think they would prefer to see women in skirt suits rather than pansuits (since its considered more conservative of course) . I was planning on wearing a pantsuit till I heard that. Let me knwo what you guys think?

Tas said:
Just curious if any of my fellow SDN'ers will be there.

Saturday 25 Sept 04

Members don't see this ad :)
I will interview tomorrow as well. Are you from out of town? I am in Lexington. If you are from out of town and want to hang out with some one who can feel your pain, PM me or email me at [email protected]. Good Luck tomorrow.

lihini said:
I will interview tomorrow as well. Are you from out of town? I am in Lexington. If you are from out of town and want to hang out with some one who can feel your pain, PM me or email me at [email protected]. Good Luck tomorrow.

I am in Lexington too, so PM if you need anything. Of the 12 interviewers during mine, only three were old, the rest were clinical faculty and four med students. One girl did wear a pantsuit. I wore a long flowery skirt and a jacket. (No suits for me, I look like a linebacker in a suit jacket.) Two people were so inappropraitely dressed it was funny.

abraxas20 said:
I am in Lexington too, so PM if you need anything. Of the 12 interviewers during mine, only three were old, the rest were clinical faculty and four med students. One girl did wear a pantsuit. I wore a long flowery skirt and a jacket. (No suits for me, I look like a linebacker in a suit jacket.) Two people were so inappropraitely dressed it was funny.

inappropraitely dressed ?????????? wow! How did the interviewers react? Wow!

Dang! I wish I had seen the replies earlier, I certainly would have hung out if for no other reason than to burn some stress.

I doubt you'll see this post before you go to the interview, but - I'll see you guys there and good luck everyone!

Tas said:
Dang! I wish I had seen the replies earlier, I certainly would have hung out if for no other reason than to burn some stress.

I doubt you'll see this post before you go to the interview, but - I'll see you guys there and good luck everyone!

Good Luck Tas and everyone else I will see in a couple of hours! I hope we all do great!

as I write, you guys are getting nervous, but please let me know how it goes.

Amywa, shoot me a PM if you want hosting -- I live less than a 15 minute walk from the med school and I can provide a parking space as well. :)

Hey guys. Hope the interviews went well. I'm MS1 at UK... feel free to ask any questions about the school.

Thanks Tugbug :)

I feel like my interviews went well, I am sure hoping for a decision in my favor!

Now the waiting is on... and on ... and on...

I believe they said oct 15 was the earliest they could let us know anything b/c of the people that are enrolled in early decision

Tas - and all

I know that they make the last decisions on EDP applicants on Thursday. But they seem to be hell bent on not breaking the rules.

By the way, I also found out there were 41 EDP applicants....

WOW!!

October 15 is the AAMC mandated earliest date... I had to wait too. No fun. But, at least you have a date and dont have to check the mail daily.

Just give them a call on the 15th.

41 EDPs is a lot.

They get much better, they will fill up all their slots via EDP :)

But that's just 41 that applied ED, right? Not 41 who were accepted ED....

I can find out how many were accepted ED next week. I am pretty sure they eliminated some pre-interview (5-6).

S

I finally called admissions to investigate why they didn't have one of my LORs on record and they told me they had some weird computer glitch where the LOR I told them they were going to get wasn't transferred into their overall system. Long story short, they checked my physical file, the LOR was there, and I'm now complete. I'm super aggravated this seems to have delayed my application processing by a few days, but at least it's sorted out now. The email they sent me to confirm said they encourage me to keep an eye out for another message from someone else in their office, so hopefully that means interview :)

I have some weird pre-interview deal there Monday too.

hey aparicida. Have you heard anything about a date for your interview yet? I will be complete today since I am having central advising fax them my LORs. When I called today they said they have enough complete applications to probably fill up all of november. I really want to interview at least by early december b/c I know of people who interviewed later than that and were put on waitlist last year and got in ED this year. In any case keep in touch with me if you like. Maybe we can ride this thing out together. That goes for anyone else waiting to hear about interviews at UK :)

cowgirl said:
hey aparicida. Have you heard anything about a date for your interview yet? I will be complete today since I am having central advising fax them my LORs. When I called today they said they have enough complete applications to probably fill up all of november. I really want to interview at least by early december b/c I know of people who interviewed later than that and were put on waitlist last year and got in ED this year. In any case keep in touch with me if you like. Maybe we can ride this thing out together. That goes for anyone else waiting to hear about interviews at UK :)
My LORs arrived there 9/16, but they didn't get them registered in my file to make me officially "complete" until 9/30. And I am interviewing there this Friday (like in two days ... eep). I don't know why the turnaround was so fast.

Don't worry about it -- I was talking to someone in admissions and she said that right now is still considered relatively early in the process. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck :)

Yea that turnaround is absolutely amazing considering when I called them the guy that works there, David, told me that they probably already had enough apps to fill up november. I hope I am as lucky as you were in that respect. I would love to have an interview there within the next few weeks. When I went in today Robin told me that I was in a good place, that I am in the "thick of things." I guess it helps that the people in the admissions office are so nice considering how much I have been bugging them the past few weeks. Congrats on the interview. I'm sure you'll be fantastic tomorrow. :D