anyone else pi$$ed off by these "this school or that school" threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trail Boss said:
You people have an attitude problem. Having myself posted a "here or here" thread I responded to the OP origional obvnoxious post about "shutting up". SDN is a place for discussion and advice, so I don't see the problem with asking for it. Deciding on a school is not easy, especially when you don't have complete fin aid info or know if you have gotten into special programs that you want. I appreciate the anxiety that you all feel because it wan't that long ago that I felt it too, but just because some of us are holding multiple acceptances doesn't mean that we are gunning for your self confidnece, it just means that we don't want to make a bad decision that will come back to haunt us in the near future, and I think that is fair. We all know that there is a fair bit of chance in who get into medical school, but you will hear that a lot more about that talking to people who didn't get in than from those who did. Some of you will get in and you will deserve to, some of will not get and maybe you deserved to and maybe you really didn't. Whatever the case forgive me if I came across as terroristic with my "it you own fault" comment, but I don't see why I am supposed to tolerate sarcasm and rudness and you all are not. May 15th will be here very soon, so you should all just chill for a week and a half. Until I can make the decision that I have earned the right to make, I will ask advice whenever I feel like it, if you don't like it then don't read the "here or here posts"

Pot meet kettle...

Members don't see this ad.

Trail Boss said:
It's not my fault you couldn't get in first round--it is your fault.

Attitude problem, you say?

ND2005 said:
Attitude problem, you say?

ya, ya I said I was sorry. I withdrew my multiple accepts this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trail Boss said:
You people have an attitude problem. Having myself posted a "here or here" thread I responded to the OP origional obvnoxious post about "shutting up". SDN is a place for discussion and advice, so I don't see the problem with asking for it. Deciding on a school is not easy, especially when you don't have complete fin aid info or know if you have gotten into special programs that you want. I appreciate the anxiety that you all feel because it wan't that long ago that I felt it too, but just because some of us are holding multiple acceptances doesn't mean that we are gunning for your self confidnece, it just means that we don't want to make a bad decision that will come back to haunt us in the near future, and I think that is fair. We all know that there is a fair bit of chance in who get into medical school, but you will hear that a lot more about that talking to people who didn't get in than from those who did. Some of you will get in and you will deserve to, some of will not get and maybe you deserved to and maybe you really didn't. Whatever the case forgive me if I came across as terroristic with my "it you own fault" comment, but I don't see why I am supposed to tolerate sarcasm and rudness and you all are not. May 15th will be here very soon, so you should all just chill for a week and a half. Until I can make the decision that I have earned the right to make, I will ask advice whenever I feel like it, if you don't like it then don't read the "here or here posts"

I have one question for you trailboss. How did you get into 5 schools? Either you have amazing numbers, or you are really great at hiding your true personality at the interviews. By the way, I am a female pursuing a career in medicine, and I really beg to differ that the most important job for a woman is raising children. Good luck keeping your wife barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

abby66 said:
I have one question for you trailboss. How did you get into 5 schools? Either you have amazing numbers, or you are really great at hiding your true personality at the interviews. By the way, I am a female pursuing a career in medicine, and I really beg to differ that the most important job for a woman is raising children. Good luck keeping your wife barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

I don't think that being a doctor in anymore impressive than being a good mother, and I think that most parents would tell you that no matter what they do to earn a dollar raising their children is by far the most important thing in their life. I am sorry if you disagree. What do you mean my true personaltiy? Who are such an amazing person that you can deterine what kind of person I really am and then prod me about it from a couple of posts? Yes, I think that raising children is an important responsobility, no I don't think that winers should post obvnosious threads telling people to shut up, and no I don't think that you will be a very good physician if you such a poor loser when the game isn't even over yet--it is only the sixth.

Trail Boss said:
I don't think that being a doctor in anymore impressive than being a good mother, and I think that most parents would tell you that no matter what they do to earn a dollar raising their children is by far the most important thing in their life. I am sorry if you disagree. What do you mean my true personaltiy? Who are such an amazing person that you can deterine what kind of person I really am and then prod me about it from a couple of posts? Yes, I think that raising children is an important responsobility, no I don't think that winers should post obvnosious threads telling people to shut up, and no I don't think that you will be a very good physician if you such a poor loser when the game isn't even over yet--it is only the sixth.

There are many women who can't, or don't want to have children. There is nothing wrong with that. I also believe that the world is overpopulated, and women have the potential to do a lot more (by working in areas of research and clinical practice) than breed. Hey, do you have scabs on your knuckles?

abby66 said:
There are many women who can't, or don't want to have children. There is nothing wrong with that. I also believe that the world is overpopulated, and women have the potential to do a lot more (by working in areas of research and clinical practice) than breed. Hey, do you have scabs on your knuckles?

You are going to save the world from over population by curing disease? That is a new one. You seem very angry. Making comments like "do you have scabs on your knuckles". That doesn't make you seem either very intelligent or compassionate, maybe you should try and strive for those qualities when you are applying next year.

Trail Boss said:
You are going to save the world from over population by curing disease? That is a new one. You seem very angry. Making comments like "do you have scabs on your knuckles". That doesn't make you seem either very intelligent or compassionate, maybe you should try and strive for those qualities when you are applying next year.

Ok. You are so not worth my time.

P.S. good luck finding a woman to put up with your crap

abby66 said:

so...uh...bringing healthy young life into this world is bad for overpopulation, but preserving the lives of those who would naturally pass is not bad for overpopulation? sorry, just couldn't resist pointing out the oxymoronic logic of this. i can see how preserving the lives of hundreds of thousands through research would have less impact on the population than adding 2 or 3 babies though.... :rolleyes:

abby66 said:
Ok. You are so not worth my time.

P.S. good luck finding a woman to put up with your crap

You have no right or reason to judge my character. I said I was sorry for my origional obnoxious post, i was just angry when I wrote it because we all have our own concerns and I am nor sure why not getting in is more suitable for SDN than where should I go threads. I hope you get in I hope you are a good doctor. If you don't want children thats fine, if you can't well then I am sorry, but you brought that up out of context on from a different thread. I mean you no ill will, even if you have resulted to low blows like bashing my character when you don't know me or anything about me.

This thread is a damn hornets nest. :thumbdown:

jbrice1639 said:
so...uh...bringing healthy young life into this world is bad for overpopulation, but preserving the lives of those who would naturally pass is not bad for overpopulation? sorry, just couldn't resist pointing out the oxymoronic logic of this. i can see how preserving the lives of hundreds of thousands through research would have less impact on the population than adding 2 or 3 babies though.... :rolleyes:

Many women may feel that they can contribute more by working than by having children. If a woman manages to cure a disease, they are improving the quality of life for people already here on this planet. It has nothing to do with overpopulation...it has to do with giving back to society. Have you ever watched Jerry Springer? Anybody can get pregnant and have a kid. Of course being a good parent is important if you have a child, but I don't think that having a baby should be (or is) every smart, productive woman's primary objective.

Wow. Three pages to go from "this school vs. that school" threads to being a parent. Impressive. :laugh:

this thread should be shut down.

abby66 said:
Many women may feel that they can contribute more by working than by having children. If a woman manages to cure a disease, they are improving the quality of life for people already here on this planet. It has nothing to do with overpopulation...it has to do with giving back to society.

i completely agree...i wasn't arguing that point. i merely pointed out that the point was stated that the world is overpopulated so "breeding" is less productive than going into medicine. that point in itself is contradictory. i completely agree that women can do what they want, and many are more productive working/studying/teaching whatever than being parents. but, if it's going to be stated in the context of overpopulation, which it was, then it makes no sense.