SCPM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Chicago
Status
Podiatry Student
Hi everyone,

I have decided to take my acceptance to Scholl beginning Fall of 2006. Has anyone else decided to also attend Scholl? And for the current students, do you have any advice about the school or anything pertaining to the Chicago area in general?

runnersfeet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
What was your interview there like? What type of questions were you asked? How soon after you interviewed, were you given an offer? thanks for any info you have, I have interviewing there in a few weeks.

AE17UD said:
Hi everyone,

I have decided to take my acceptance to Scholl beginning Fall of 2006. Has anyone else decided to also attend Scholl? And for the current students, do you have any advice about the school or anything pertaining to the Chicago area in general?

Ski Bum

SDN Advisor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
In an Apartment...HA!
Status
Medical Student
runnersfeet said:
What was your interview there like? What type of questions were you asked? How soon after you interviewed, were you given an offer? thanks for any info you have, I have interviewing there in a few weeks.

please contact mandy in the student services office and she will get you in touch with me and i will give you a call to chat about chicago, etc. congrats on entering podiatry and we look forward to having you at scholl college!

mention to mandy that you contact me on SDN so she knows who to put you in touch with

thanks

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Ski Bum said:
please contact mandy in the student services office and she will get you in touch with me and i will give you a call to chat about chicago, etc. congrats on entering podiatry and we look forward to having you at scholl college!

mention to mandy that you contact me on SDN so she knows who to put you in touch with

thanks
I was just wondering if Michael Gravitt and Pam are still there?

OP
A

AE17UD

SCPM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Chicago
Status
Podiatry Student
runnersfeet said:

My interview was really friendly and laid back. I was supposed to interview with a DPM, but she was caught up in a meeting so I ended up interviewing with the Dean of Admissions. He basically asked me to tell him about myself, what classes I liked in undergrad, and then questions about podiatry in general-what I have seen in the office/surgery, why I think it suits me. I was told by the end of the day that I was accepted and also what scholarship money I would be receiving. Good luck on your interview!

Ski Bum

SDN Advisor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
In an Apartment...HA!
Status
Medical Student
box29 said:
I was just wondering if Michael Gravitt and Pam are still there?
Gravitt is out in California, he took a new job this year. He is really enjoying it and it was a move up for him..but he is certainly missed at SCPM. Pat left about 1 year ago and was replaced w/ Kim Young who is absolutely amazing.

runnersfeet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
Cool - thanks for the info! Did you take hte MCAT? GRE?

AE17UD said:
My interview was really friendly and laid back. I was supposed to interview with a DPM, but she was caught up in a meeting so I ended up interviewing with the Dean of Admissions. He basically asked me to tell him about myself, what classes I liked in undergrad, and then questions about podiatry in general-what I have seen in the office/surgery, why I think it suits me. I was told by the end of the day that I was accepted and also what scholarship money I would be receiving. Good luck on your interview!

OP
A

AE17UD

SCPM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Chicago
Status
Podiatry Student
runnersfeet said:
Cool - thanks for the info! Did you take hte MCAT? GRE?
I took the MCAT this past April

ihrtchitown

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status
Other Health Professions Student
AE17UD said:
Hi everyone,

chicago is an AMAZING city with an abundance of culture and night life options. the school is far enough away from the city to not be a constant distraction but close enough to drive down on the weekends. some students opt to live on campus for the convenience or other nearby apartment complexes. others live in evanston or in chicago and take the train or drive to school. it's totally by your preference. by 4th year the majority of the students live in the city. www.metromix.com is a good website to let you know what is going on in the city and suburbs of chicago as far as comedy, theater, concerts, dining, night life, festivals, etc etc...let me know if you have any specific questions.

drcb

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2005
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey....i got accepted in scholl too for the class of 2006. I also got accepted in Temple and right now I am very confused between the two schools!
I loved scholl, the buildings are nice n new, their anatomy lab is great, the people were awesome. My only concern is the clinic. when I visited the clinic....it was dead compared to Temple where it seemed to be super busy and people and stuff. I llove Philly compared to chicago but again scholl gave me a better scholarship.

If u guys dont mind, can i ask how much are they offering in scholarships anyways???
Also..............plzzzzzzzzzzzz guys do suggest....Temple....or Scholl

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
Southwest
Status
Attending Physician
Go to Scholl. Nothing against Temple but Scholl is the better school between the two.

scorpion4lif

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2005
Status
drcb said:
Hey....i got accepted in scholl too for the class of 2006. I also got accepted in Temple and right now I am very confused between the two schools!
I loved scholl, the buildings are nice n new, their anatomy lab is great, the people were awesome. My only concern is the clinic. when I visited the clinic....it was dead compared to Temple where it seemed to be super busy and people and stuff. I llove Philly compared to chicago but again scholl gave me a better scholarship.

If u guys dont mind, can i ask how much are they offering in scholarships anyways???
Also..............plzzzzzzzzzzzz guys do suggest....Temple....or Scholl

Hey drcb...when did you interview, b/c when i went the scholl clinic was really busy. the clinic was a great exposure to how the healthcare team should look like. in the clinic i saw MD's, DPM's, PA's, PT's, and nurses all working together. and on the other hand the temple clinic wasnt that crowded, although the temple clinic is much bigger in size. also note that the temple clinic is smack in philly, whereas the scholl clinic is about 45 min north of downtown chicago, so you get more local ppl.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
Farmington Hills, MI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey,

If you asked me, I would say Scholl all the way!! :cool:

However, this is of personal opinion. ;)

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
doclm said:
Hey,

If you asked me, I would say Scholl all the way!! :cool:

However, this is of personal opinion. ;)
There's one category that we never have talked about...if we were looking for the best Marketing Dept., it would have to be DMU. I get a letter from them about every two weeks and I've never even applied there :)

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
www.lecom.edu
Status
with a 3.45 g.p.a and MCAT 23O which school if i were to be accepted would give a bigger scholarship scpm or tuspm?