Anyone else slacking off since their acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highclass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As many other premeds like me, I spent many years studying my butt off to get in to med school, doing research, becoming an EMT, trying to ace my classes etc. Since my acceptance to my first choice school, I have found it very difficult to study (I have two more classes left in my master's degree program). I leave everything for the last minute. Anyone else experiencing extreme senoiritis? Is there are cure for this? I sure hope this doesn't continue to plague me in August when classes roll around. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

You also have Medicalschoolacceptilitius?? haa.. i'm sure all of us who have been accepted to medical schools of our choice are atleast slacking off a little bit..nothing to worry about i'm sure by august we'll be fine.... TAKE TIME OFF CHILL.. hang out..enjoy this year...because the next 2 years are suppose to be hell.

even worse when you're taking some hard classes with boring subjects...makes you wanna just get a pass grade and get out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely feel you. I also have two classes left for the completion of my masters degree. One of the class is sorta like the thesis part of the program. I do the work but I like "BLAH"..if I get an A or B I don't too much care as long as I graduate my butt.

Can't wait til this semester is over.

I have two physiology exams next week, and all I can do is endlessly surf sdn...

you deserve it. have fun. you need it before you start. youve already done your hard work to get to this point. congrats.

what kind of grades do you consider is slacking off? and what do you think is too low after you are finally accepted and are just finishing courses before med school starts?

I would say Ds and Fs are bad. Maybe they will overlook a few Cs. I myself and suffering from senioritis and trying to get B-s at least.

I am suffering from hard-core senioritis, combined with medicalschoolaccepteditis or whatever someone else said earlier in this thread. With regards to my classwork, everything I do is just, like, "blah." Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, this had better pass by August.

:sleep:

yea, I am trying to write a 6 page essay due tomorrow and I haven't even finished the intro paragraph, haha. on top of that I have a fimal in bacterial pathogenesis on Friday immediately after which I am getting on a plane for costa rica. I can see myself writing this essay tomorrow morning and finishing it ten minutes before its due. That electronic rejection letter from USC I just received isn't helping me focus either.

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
I have two physiology exams next week, and all I can do is endlessly surf sdn...

Good to know that I'm not the only one who is obsessively checking out this website...seems like it's all I'm good for lately. Thanks to everyone for all your advice.

Right here, baby! Final in 1 hour, paper due tomorrow, and three finals next week. I'm just doing the bare minimum to get by. I feel you.

Not at all. Even though I've been accepted, I'm trying to set the curve in my classes so that the other premeds that have yet to apply have to work for that A.

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
simmer down now

Extreme slacking, enjoying some easier engineering classes that I put off until now. I'm in class with a bunch of sophomores for two classes. They freak about tests and take notes like madmen. I roll into class ten minutes late and read the paper. Suckers.

Cheers to slacking.

Just call me slackness. :D

and I thought I was the only one. The desire is just not there, I have looked and looked for it, but it is nowhere to be found. If anyone runs into my desire let me know. I'll need it back in a few months.

Same here guys. Just doing what I need to to get a decent grade. No striving for high grades. On top of that I have worst classes this semester - philosophy, quantum mechanics, synthetic chem lab, and research. All I am hoping for is B's. I definitely think we deserve it. I am also pretty sure that we should be in good shape when med school begins- at least the classes will be more interesting and worthwhile.

Originally posted by chintu
at least the classes will be more interesting and worthwhile.

Heard that before. My senior year will be great, microbiology, bacterial pathogenesis, and immunology. what a joke, this is probably the worst academic year i've had in college. I think we will all be bitching in first and second year about how we can't wait to get to third and fourth. IT will never end.

I'm with you all...suffering from a severe case of senioritis! I used to care so much about grades and work, not just to get into med school, but because I was intrinsically motivated to study. Now I'm just aiming for the mean and hoping to survive the semester without failing any classes.

the real question is what percentage of you so called slackers will actually receive a "C" this semester?

I'd like to apply a Homer Simpson quote to my senioritis.....

"If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in everyday and do it really half-assed. Its the American way."

So true Homer, so true........its too late to quit now, so we might as well half-ass everything. Senioritis is the most wonderfully horrible condition I've ever been afflicted with. Happy St. Patricks day

will a "C" be acceptable after being accepted into medical school?