Anyone else w/ weird Tufts letter (post-interview)??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrSuga, Dec 24, 2001.

1. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member

I got this weird letter from Tufts dated 12/20. I interviewed there on Nov 20th and was told that we'd either hear about an accept/ waitlist/ reject. However, the letter I got sounds more like a "hold." It says something like this (from tom slavin):
    I am writing to let you know the status of your app. The committee has chosen not to make a decision at this time, and will review your file each time it meets. I cannot tell you when a decision will be made.

What does this mean? I'm confused...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

A decision regarding your app has been deferred till the next meeting. In other words, you've been neither accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.

4. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member

Attending Physician
    This is odd because Mr Slavin said that admission decisions will be sent out in Jan/Feb during the presentation before the interviews. But, no, I didn't get any letters like that from Tufts.

5. yes, I received the same letter after interviewing in Jan. 2001, about 6 weeks later. "The committee has reviewed your file but has not yet reached a decision on your candidacy. The committee has instead opted to compare your credentials to those of applicants who will be interviewed throughout the remainder of the year." Basically, you have been placed on hold and could be accepted or rejected any time before May. Many of those placed on hold are placed on the official Wait List in the middle of May, and this past year I think at least a third of the class (probably more) was taken from the waitlist during the summer. Hope this helps. I am an M'05 at Tufts and am very pleased with the education I am receiving here, and by most of the students here. Love the H/P/F grading here too, which DOES make a difference regardless of what many people tell you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! good luck!

6. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

Hey Katie, what do you mean by H/P/F does make a difference? Aren't most schools H/P/F these days? Are you saying that H/P/F is better than P/F? Just wondering...

7. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Nevermind, I take it back since I received the same letter yesterday.