Anyone else's SND messed up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgooden

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what's going on, but for the past day or so, my SDN has been really screwy. Like when I go to the Roll call I can't automatically go to the last page because the page numbers aren't there and when I click on the title it says that the thread only has 3 pages when I know it has like 8. Also on the 100% not from Kentucky thread all of the posts are showing up out of order timewise. Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties? I don't know if it is just my computer or not, but when I can not enjoy my SDN to the fullest it makes me sad :(

Maybe it is just a sign that I am on here too much and should lay off a little..Especially since I have finals next week starting with ochem on Monday!

Members don't see this ad.

lgooden said:
I'm not quite sure what's going on, but for the past day or so, my SDN has been really screwy. Like when I go to the Roll call I can't automatically go to the last page because the page numbers aren't there and when I click on the title it says that the thread only has 3 pages when I know it has like 8. Also on the 100% not from Kentucky thread all of the posts are showing up out of order timewise. Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties? I don't know if it is just my computer or not, but when I can not enjoy my SDN to the fullest it makes me sad :(

Maybe it is just a sign that I am on here too much and should lay off a little..Especially since I have finals next week starting with ochem on Monday!

OCHEM SUX

lgooden said:

I've noticed it a lot, especially when I try to access SDN (general pre-pharm forum) at 3AM (why I'm up at 3AM, don't ask :). booo. however, if you try ot access the general SDN page at 3AM, most of the time it'll be okay (but if u click on the pre-pharm link, it dies again).

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had any problems, and I'm on here a lot. Maybe it is the Ochem god forcing you to study.

yeah i have trouble getting it to load every single day....

any ideas as to why?

I am using a different computer now and it seems to be working fine. I have also had the same problem of it being slow to load on several different computers though. :confused:

I will use my engineering degree to figure out the problem and solve it! :idea: :D

Just kidding - gotta get back to studying ochem

3 AM: Automatic backup. We turn-off the site to get a clean backup. :)

The other issues are often related to cookies, javascript issues or temporary server overload issues. We are currently working to add new servers and bandwidth. The daily site traffic increases by twofold about every 12-18 months -- it's expensive to keep-up with demand!

Lee A Burnett said:
3 AM: Automatic backup. We turn-off the site to get a clean backup. :)

The other issues are often related to cookies, javascript issues or temporary server overload issues. We are currently working to add new servers and bandwidth. The daily site traffic increases by twofold about every 12-18 months -- it's expensive to keep-up with demand!

gotcha ;) approximately when are the start and end of the turn-off?

endlesslove said:
gotcha ;) approximately when are the start and end of the turn-off?
Depends on the time it takes for the system to complete the backup. Usually 20-30 minutes.

it was messed up on and off again today, but mostly around 3:00 (PM though).

endlesslove said:
it was messed up on and off again today, but mostly around 3:00 (PM though).
i figure when it does that to me its because there are so many people on here...

i need to get around to donating so perhaps that would help fix the problems

i suggest we all consider this option!!!