What else can I do to be a competitive applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sibel804

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently a sophomore in college. I am already admitted into Midwestern University's direct acceptance program for the college of pharmacy, but due to cost, I hope to apply to the UIC College of Pharmacy after my third year instead.

My overall GPA is a 3.6 and my science GPA is 3.4, but I am taking a majority of my science courses these next two years, so I hope to increase that to at least a 3.5. I work as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens and volunteer at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. I am a part of a pre-pharmacy club and American Red Cross.

What else can I do to increase my chances of getting accepted/make my application stand out? Is it worth it to take the chance of dropping out of the direct program at Midwestern?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am currently a sophomore in college. I am already admitted into Midwestern University's direct acceptance program for the college of pharmacy, but due to cost, I hope to apply to the UIC College of Pharmacy after my third year instead.

My overall GPA is a 3.6 and my science GPA is 3.4, but I am taking a majority of my science courses these next two years, so I hope to increase that to at least a 3.5. I work as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens and volunteer at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. I am a part of a pre-pharmacy club and American Red Cross.

What else can I do to increase my chances of getting accepted/make my application stand out? Is it worth it to take the chance of dropping out of the direct program at Midwestern?

If you keep up your academics your fine. Do volunteer service and remain as a tech.

To know what’s worth it is based on your debt-threshold. In other words, how much money is to much money for your education?

Do you have a contingency for your debt (ie GI bill from military / rich parents / scholarships + savings)? If not, how do you plan to compete in a saturated market? This of course is happening now. Think of a back-up plan in 6 years when your licensed on getting a job AND keeping it. In the end, it’s simple: lowest price of education can be (if you choose) inversely proportional to a greater investment. Think of that while on your journey.

All you need to be a competitive applicant these days is access to government loan money.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All you need to be a competitive applicant these days is access to government loan money.

This. I'm thinking the OP's scores are far, far higher than the average of most schools. OP, even with UIC is the most competitive pharmacy school in the state (#1 of 7), I can't imagine you would have any trouble getting in there, assuming you come across as normal in the interview and not as a psychopath. Honestly, your scores will probably be some of the best ones they see.

Reactions: 1 user
I offer coaching for pharmacy students applying to schools. I'm a recent graduate who was heavily involved in many activities during school. I can review and edit resumes, help you market yourself to schools, and even conduct a few mock interviews so you are prepared. With this I can include a financial breakdown about the debt you will have afterward (and share mine) as this is very important and most students don't realize the impact it might have. Email me at mackattack027@gmail, I do not charge for a quick talk and overview although I do for some services.

So you know I'm legit go to NYS professional license search and look me up "Connor Mack" selecting pharmacist in the list (just google NYS license lookup)

My CV is attached
Credentials are not impressive, would not buy.

Hi

Just show up on orientation day. you will be good to go!

Credentials are not impressive, would not buy.

He couldn’t get a job so he has resorted to trolling these forums (and I’m assuming others) hoping to make some cash to pay those student loans off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He couldn’t get a job so he has resorted to trolling these forums (and I’m assuming others) hoping to make some cash to pay those student loans off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yeah, and it appears that he’s deleted his post :whistle:

Reactions: 1 user